4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Buckethead, How about some chicken for lunch?
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 07:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Gerald @ Dec 3 2007, 02:42 PM) *
Which CD has jordan on it?

Good question, Its not on any of my albums! But I dont miss it.

I have "Monsters and Robots" on right now its awsome! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Dec 4 2007, 02:31 AM
GMC:er
Hey matt, good to see you're keeping this thread alive smile.gif Jordan is not on any Buckethead CD, the only recorded version was made specifically for Guitar Hero II.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 4 2007, 08:49 PM
QUOTE (KRmachine @ Dec 3 2007, 08:31 PM) *
Hey matt, good to see you're keeping this thread alive smile.gif Jordan is not on any Buckethead CD, the only recorded version was made specifically for Guitar Hero II.

That makes me sad. = (

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 4 2007, 09:02 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (KRmachine @ Dec 4 2007, 01:31 AM) *

Hey KR! (sorry I dont know your real name biggrin.gif )

Sure, its great to keep this wonderful thread going ! biggrin.gif Its a great place to discuss "The master" wink.gif I have been watching my "Young Buckethead" DVD alot this week, the camera is constantly zoomed up close so its really great to get some ideas on techniques. The sound check is also pretty cool, he doesent have his mask on at all during that, but unfortunatly they blurred it over sad.gif

There is a great scene down in the basement though where hes going nuts on his Keyboard, just a clear mask on, you can almost make out his face! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Gerald @ Dec 4 2007, 07:49 PM) *
That makes me sad. = (

sad.gif sad.gif

At least there are plenty of videos of it on youtube wink.gif

Check out Computer Master and Final Wars !! Awsome "shards" tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 11 2007, 09:45 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just the other day I ended up searching some videos of Buckethead on youtube, and I was amazed.

I only knew BH from GH2, and I wondered how he managed to get that kind of sound from his guitar.

I did not expect to find good music to be honest, that's why I was astonished when I saw him playing padmasana, soothslayer, electric tears and many other great songs.

A nice find, and a weird one at the same time. The fact that such a gifted artist hides himself behind a mask makes watching his videos somewhat misterious and saddening at the same time.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 11 2007, 09:52 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hi Fran ! biggrin.gif

I am glad you are so touched by Buckets Music ! smile.gif There is much mystery and beauty in his music for sure, he is an Artist in ever sense of the word! smile.gif

If you liked those titles, you might enjoy Interworld and the new Innocence here

regards

Matt smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Dec 11 2007, 09:59 PM
The man likes chicken... let it be. Maybe he was on a rush to the show and instead of standing on stage as the curtin opened with a buck of chicken like an idiot, he decided to put it on his head. lol thats my idea. I love his style and tone. I have never seen tour dates, i would love to go to one of his shows.

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 13 2007, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 11 2007, 09:52 PM) *
If you liked those titles, you might enjoy Interworld and the new Innocence here
regards

Matt smile.gif

Yes that was awesome too, I checked all the vids you posted in the thread.
Feel free to post any new finds!

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Mr GuitarTube
Dec 15 2007, 02:32 PM
the head is good but not chicken

--------------------
i am guitartube

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 15 2007, 03:02 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Mr GuitarTube @ Dec 15 2007, 01:32 PM) *
the head is good but not chicken

laugh.gif laugh.gif Wow Mr Guitar tube... I am honoured you should join us ! wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Dec 16 2007, 06:55 PM
Jordan isn't on any albums, but the old live version (not the GH2 one) is on lots of bootlegs. And of course people have recorded the song off Guitar Hero by now, so you can find it online.

+Quote Post
Cherio
Feb 5 2008, 10:54 AM
Hey guys

Found this video on youtube about Buckethead.(I am pretty sure its him?)
It is really strange, never seen Bucket like this before:

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=_t0s7o3NKUw

Now, is it real? Or is it fake? Is he doing this to get attention?

My mate thinks he might have savants (sorry don't know how to spell it).

BUCKETHEAD STILL RAWKS!!

So what do you guys think??

This post has been edited by Cherio: Feb 5 2008, 11:15 AM

--------------------
CHEERIO'S

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Feb 5 2008, 07:02 PM
Dude. Seriously. Come on.

It's obviously a complete joke. The whole Buckethead persona is about having fun, acting weird, and getting laughs. Buckethead is a normal soft-spoken guy when he's not wearing a mask and a bucket.

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Feb 5 2008, 07:05 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 5 2008, 11:45 PM
LOL, that's a joke for sure smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Staples
Feb 29 2008, 09:42 AM
I just discovered Buckethead about two weeks ago and can't put his music down. I downloaded a few albums (Legally via Zune Marketplace) and purchased Enter the Chicken and Colma. I have to say, he's incredible. One thing I give him props on is he's modest. He doesn't feel the need to go balls to the wall speed on everything despite the fact he's capable of some pretty insane speeds. Like Colma right now, I haven't heard any speedriffing, but it's a masterpiece nontheless. I'm ranting, bla bla. Buckethead is phenomenal.

--------------------
Times New Roman

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 29 2008, 10:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (KRmachine @ Sep 11 2007, 05:08 PM) *
Sadly they don't serve chicken at Bucketheadland sad.gif

Anyway, I've probably seen every single buckethead video on youtube, most of them multiple times, so I thought I'd post a guide to some of the best so you can watch, enjoy, and possibly even learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DEKFissl4
Buckethead's guitar lesson - the only thing this teaches you is humility, as he doesn't play anything slow or explain what he's actually doing. Watch out for the sweep tapping at the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGt4J9oBKKo
Night of the slunk, cool song with a riff that sounds a bit like jordan, sick solo coming at 3:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYkh7ZiQmso
Whitewash, ballad-ish song from the album Colma, very calm and soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9aY2CLrGx4
A new song that hasn't appeared on any album, still pretty damn awesome with some great riffs and soloing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDY3rD71Ic
Welcome to bucketheadland, sweet song with a main riff that's a definite homage to Randy Rhoads, he does an awesome improvised solo after the regular solo in this version (3:30 and on).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4q3p_o8A6g
Buckethead in the beginning! He had just become Buckethead and is around age 21 in this clip, playing a bit for his family in his back yard. His technique isn't as flawless as it is now, but damn he could shred back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61k041I4aEo
A 100% Improvised solo from the song 'The Interworld and The New Innocence'. Very melodic and soulful playing, with his drummer (Brain) showing off in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moqy4G74afc
Soothsayer! A really really good song that starts off slow and builds up into an awesome awesome solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtR-UAp614
Buckethead covering B.B King's 'The thrill is gone' at a private party, the bass screws with the microphone a bit unfortunately but this really shows he can do more than shred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7plGs3RP0
Most of you probably have seen this one, it's Buckethead's Nightrain solo with Guns n' Roses, if you like Slash you probably won't like this one. He does this way better than Slash in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlN1ae4lxDc
Knocking on heaven's door with GNR, Solo from 3:13 and behind Axls vocals after that. Definitely the best version of this solo I've ever heard, Buckethead really makes the song here. Even though he's nowhere in sight for the entire video it's quite obvious that it's him playing.

Well, I've left some good ones out but that should be enough to start you off, I wouldn't check all these at once but take a couple every day or so and let them sink in. Enjoy!

WOW, excelent list !!!! +1 for sure !!!! thanks for sharing, I'm gonna watch all this video, hehe biggrin.gif

see you !!!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 29 2008, 04:26 PM
Lets go fishing!
Wow Awsome Juan! Im so please your going to look those cool links biggrin.gif

@ Staples, yeah Colma is so beautiful, i listen to that album alot wink.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Feb 29 2008, 04:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 3 2008, 08:11 PM
Instructor
He´s a great player!! I think it´s time to see his face.... I think he´s shy LOL laugh.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 3 2008, 08:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pablo Vazquez @ Mar 3 2008, 07:11 PM) *
He´s a great player!! I think it´s time to see his face.... I think he´s shy LOL laugh.gif

Oh I may be able to help.

A screen caption from his "young buckethead" DVD smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 5 2008, 01:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 3 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Oh I may be able to help.

A screen caption from his "young buckethead" DVD smile.gif

HEY!! Thanks, I have no idea about this picture...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:12 PM