6 Desktop Monitors?
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2013, 11:28 PM
GMC:er
Any other MAC users upgraded to MAVERICKS? yet? It's free so I am putting it on my Laptop Macbook Pro for testing smile.gif I ran across this vid talking about the new multi monitor system in mavericks and this guy has 6 27 inch monitors. Wow.

I"m sure some folks will be like "I coudn't stand that many monitors" and such, but personally, I could stand it just fine smile.gif I use three right now and my biggest is a 47 Inch LED screen flanked by a two 27 inch screens. But this rig puts mine to shame.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 8 2013, 06:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This looks very interesting. I'm dying to upgrade to Mavericks but I'm afraid to do so as I'm running a boot camp on my Mac with Windows 7 in parallel and I heard that its possible to loose that extra partition which would kill my audio production setup and projects. Since I'm still stuck in Lion, that would be a cool upgrade.

I like the idea of multi screens, though this 6 monitor setup feels a bit too much.

My biggest concern here would be if I would be able to see properly all the screen content (=sit close to them) without going blind smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2013, 05:53 AM
GMC:er
I went to mavericks on my laptop and not my main desktop since my interface is not compatible with anything beyond OSX 10.7.5. Tascam is one of those vendors that just stops making driver updates sadly. Along with M Audio. My next interface is going to be the Presonus Mixing Board/Interface 16.0.2 they have kept driver suppor very steady.

As for running windows, you can always plop down $36 ( I did ) and get a copy of PARALLELS 8. It will run under mavericks and let you run windows in a special mode that doesn't decrease performance. So you can run windows apps while you are booted in to Mac Os smile.gif Pretty cool eh?

You could also install MAVERICES inside Parallels just to try it out smile.gif And leave your current install alone.

PARALLELS 8 is the previous version so it's WAY cheaper and works just fine smile.gif Of course you could spend the extra and get version 9 for some extra bells and whistles.

http://www.amazon.com/Parallels-Desktop-8-...rds=parallels+8

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 8 2013, 12:52 PM) *
This looks very interesting. I'm dying to upgrade to Mavericks but I'm afraid to do so as I'm running a boot camp on my Mac with Windows 7 in parallel and I heard that its possible to loose that extra partition which would kill my audio production setup and projects. Since I'm still stuck in Lion, that would be a cool upgrade.

I like the idea of multi screens, though this 6 monitor setup feels a bit too much.

My biggest concern here would be if I would be able to see properly all the screen content (=sit close to them) without going blind smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:47 PM