2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Buying A New Acoustic, Acoustic guitar buying
Yash
Sep 22 2014, 08:02 PM
GMC:er
True. The sound inspires my creativity. But, more importantly, it's the mood smile.gif And, so, the bottomline from my reading of this thread is - get one with the best tone. Playability is not THAT important. But it's important. Right ? smile.gif Woods - don't care what's in there. smile.gif What about durability ? And longevity ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 22 2014, 08:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 22 2014, 12:02 PM) *
True. The sound inspires my creativity. But, more importantly, it's the mood smile.gif And, so, the bottomline from my reading of this thread is - get one with the best tone. Playability is not THAT important. But it's important. Right ? smile.gif Woods - don't care what's in there. smile.gif What about durability ? And longevity ?

Play-ability and tone are your friend. I've found that if I struggle with barring a major chord on the 12th fret, then it's not playable for me in that the action will prevent me from doing other things I like to be able to do.

Durability all depends on how you treat your accoustic - remember the rule of the thumb - 45-55% humidity for your accoustic because the inside wood is NOT sealed. Type of wood is irrelevant as long as you keep it in a decent humidity range - how it sounds and plays is what you care about (and this is subjective).

Get yourself something like this
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/te...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

I know this seems strange or "overboard" to some - and it may seem strange because you personally, likely, don't know of anyone in your immediate circles who actually keep their accoustic in a controlled room, but let's get past the cynicism and ask ourselves the simple question - is wood wood, no matter what form it is in? Does wood expand and shrink with humidity? Well, caring for your instrument is a big part of musicianship, if you consider your instrument your craft's tool smile.gif

All IMO ~ people, but take care of your instruments and they will take care of you! This will take care of your question of longevity, more than anything else you do.

Chris!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SirJamsalot: Sep 22 2014, 08:35 PM

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:24 PM