6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Vonhotch Guitar Mentoring
vonhotch
Oct 24 2012, 02:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 22 2012, 03:55 PM) *
It sounds very good I like the part maybe you can EQ and compress it a little more
Try to raise the bass and mid frequencies a little bit and you will hear the difference!

How does this one sound? I swapped the compressor in the amplitube patch for a reaper compressor and eq.
http://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/recmentoring-3/s-SAoCz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 27 2012, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Aug 8 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Thanks, that sounds AWESOME! biggrin.gif You also said you were going to post another transcribing assignment for me, can I still do those too?

Perfect! Yes when I will post a blues assignment I will want you to transcribe the chord progression I think this a very good way to kill two birds with one stone because you will also analyze the chord progression you are playing over so it is a very good exercise! Give me a few hours and I will post a blues track for you!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 27 2012, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 27 2012, 03:46 PM) *
Perfect! Yes when I will post a blues assignment I will want you to transcribe the chord progression I think this a very good way to kill two birds with one stone because you will also analyze the chord progression you are playing over so it is a very good exercise! Give me a few hours and I will post a blues track for you!

This is great. I am excited about this challenge. smile.gif Did you see my newly compressed bass line above?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 27 2012, 11:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Oct 27 2012, 08:26 PM) *
This is great. I am excited about this challenge. smile.gif Did you see my newly compressed bass line above?

Of course I did and it is absolutely great!!! You did a very good job!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 28 2012, 12:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Oct 27 2012, 08:26 PM) *

So I have a new challenge for you! I think it will be really cool if you can work on this lesson and get more licks into your library!
Here it is
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/15-Blues-Licks/
Here is the backing track
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/blues-mentoring
I would like you to transcribe the chord progression and figure out what key this one is in!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 29 2012, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 27 2012, 11:33 PM) *
So I have a new challenge for you! I think it will be really cool if you can work on this lesson and get more licks into your library!
Here it is
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/15-Blues-Licks/
Here is the backing track
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/blues-mentoring
I would like you to transcribe the chord progression and figure out what key this one is in!

This sounds great. I was starting to feel as some of my ideas were starting to sound and feel similar this will be a great exercise. I will get right on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 31 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Oct 29 2012, 04:20 PM) *
This sounds great. I was starting to feel as some of my ideas were starting to sound and feel similar this will be a great exercise. I will get right on it.

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!!!
P.S. I am looking forward meeting you on Sunday! smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 1 2012, 02:20 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 31 2012, 07:29 AM) *
Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!!!
P.S. I am looking forward meeting you on Sunday! smile.gif

I'm looking forward to sunday also!!!! I will get you some transcription soon I am still working on it. smile.gif I want to go over it again and make sure. I do think it is in the key of E minor though?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 2 2012, 07:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 1 2012, 01:20 AM) *
I'm looking forward to sunday also!!!! I will get you some transcription soon I am still working on it. smile.gif I want to go over it again and make sure. I do think it is in the key of E minor though?

Awesome! Yeah you got the key right! smile.gif Keep it up! I am looking forward to see your transcription!
See ya Sunday!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 3 2012, 02:38 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 2 2012, 06:18 AM) *
Awesome! Yeah you got the key right! smile.gif Keep it up! I am looking forward to see your transcription!
See ya Sunday!

So after some careful revision rolleyes.gif my guess is................... Em, A, Em, B, Am, Em, B. And hopefully this is right because this was again a really fun progression to play. And if I'm wrong mine sounded good over it anyway. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 5 2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 3 2012, 01:38 AM) *
So after some careful revision rolleyes.gif my guess is................... Em, A, Em, B, Am, Em, B. And hopefully this is right because this was again a really fun progression to play. And if I'm wrong mine sounded good over it anyway. laugh.gif

You did great the only mistake is that chords are 7th not minors! So I think you are ready to rock this progression!
I would like you to use this positions of E minor pentatonic

And record a little solo over the progression!
The chords are:
E7 - A7 - E7 - B7

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 6 2012, 06:31 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 5 2012, 04:52 PM) *
You did great the only mistake is that chords are 7th not minors! So I think you are ready to rock this progression!
I would like you to use this positions of E minor pentatonic

And record a little solo over the progression!
The chords are:
E7 - A7 - E7 - B7

7th chords....So close. smile.gif Do you want like an improv or a more thought out solo?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 7 2012, 03:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 6 2012, 05:31 PM) *
7th chords....So close. smile.gif Do you want like an improv or a more thought out solo?

I would like you to do both! Just try to start with a melody and develop it into a improv!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 9 2012, 04:02 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 7 2012, 02:24 AM) *
I would like you to do both! Just try to start with a melody and develop it into a improv!

OK, I hope I understood right. I came up with a melody and just improvised while trying to stay with the melody.
http://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/15-blues-licks-improv1/s-DLKkW
I'm not sure it's very good but I don't think if I played around too much more it would be improvised either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 11 2012, 12:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 9 2012, 03:02 AM) *
OK, I hope I understood right. I came up with a melody and just improvised while trying to stay with the melody.
http://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/15-blues-licks-improv1/s-DLKkW
I'm not sure it's very good but I don't think if I played around too much more it would be improvised either.

You did a really good job! I think you can start using different octaves now and try to develop your solo! The best trick is to play a phrase and than reply in a higher register! Try it out! Let me know if it makes sense smile.gif If you would like I can explain octave term and how to use it in more details!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 12 2012, 08:22 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 10 2012, 11:37 PM) *
You did a really good job! I think you can start using different octaves now and try to develop your solo! The best trick is to play a phrase and than reply in a higher register! Try it out! Let me know if it makes sense smile.gif If you would like I can explain octave term and how to use it in more details!

Different octaves but still in the same positions?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 13 2012, 08:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 12 2012, 07:22 PM) *
Different octaves but still in the same positions?

Actually I would like to make an addition to your assignment so you will be playing over changes using pentatonic scales!
Over E7 use E minor pentatonic in those position

Over A7 use this one

And over B7 use B minor blues pentatonic in this position

Try it out and let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 26 2012, 05:03 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 13 2012, 07:55 AM) *
Actually I would like to make an addition to your assignment so you will be playing over changes using pentatonic scales!
Over E7 use E minor pentatonic in those position

Over A7 use this one

And over B7 use B minor blues pentatonic in this position

Try it out and let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

Hey Alex, how is everything? I have been working at this, but it is tough. I don't think I have ever tried to play the same thing at different ocatves in the same position. Usually I move somewhere to keep the pattern the same. I have to really stop and think about what I am doing. I have almost got something, but it is far from improvised biggrin.gif.
I got a bass question for you too. If I have an arrangement with downtuned guitars, are there any tricks for adding bass without the guitar and bass competing. And also are there any beginner theory to adding a bass track. Like should the bass just use certain chord tones in rhythm with the kick, or something like that? Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 27 2012, 09:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 26 2012, 04:03 PM) *
Hey Alex, how is everything? I have been working at this, but it is tough. I don't think I have ever tried to play the same thing at different ocatves in the same position. Usually I move somewhere to keep the pattern the same. I have to really stop and think about what I am doing. I have almost got something, but it is far from improvised biggrin.gif.
I got a bass question for you too. If I have an arrangement with downtuned guitars, are there any tricks for adding bass without the guitar and bass competing. And also are there any beginner theory to adding a bass track. Like should the bass just use certain chord tones in rhythm with the kick, or something like that? Thanks.

It is totally fine! It takes time to get it right! smile.gif But you are on the right track! I would love to hear what you came up with!
Usually the bass is playing root notes of the chords you can choose the groove that will go smoothly with the drums!
I will ask Bogdan about it cause knows more about bass as I do and may be able to suggest some tricks and theory ideas!
Will update you soon!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 28 2012, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 27 2012, 08:18 AM) *
It is totally fine! It takes time to get it right! smile.gif But you are on the right track! I would love to hear what you came up with!
Usually the bass is playing root notes of the chords you can choose the groove that will go smoothly with the drums!
I will ask Bogdan about it cause knows more about bass as I do and may be able to suggest some tricks and theory ideas!
Will update you soon!

Great thanks. How familiar are you with classical music forms, like sonata? I have this part of a song I have been working on and every arrangement I have tried just doesn't feel right, and today I thought about turning it into a sonata. A doom metal sonata. smile.gif Probably a bit ambitious, but I think it fits, and would be fun!

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:13 PM