Say Hello To My New Device ;), Win 7 64-bit...all over again
Darius Wave
Nov 8 2013, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Just wanted to write a very first post on my new machine. Unfortunately nothing more is able to be done on this but...after some time of never ending restarts and fails I'll get this thing working with all needed stuff. By far good news is my old audio interface with firewire connection did launch tongue.gif I hope there would be no problems while working with DAW too but now the biggest work comes...getting all the stuff I need to regular work working with x86 platform...we'll see. This is also a reason of me lower presence here....but I just have to handle those in the name of better future wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 8 2013, 08:48 PM
GMC:er
Attached File  Darius_hello.mp3 ( 104.9K ) Number of downloads: 79
cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 8 2013, 10:03 PM
Good luck! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 9 2013, 02:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Nov 8 2013, 08:48 PM) *
Attached File  Darius_hello.mp3 ( 104.9K ) Number of downloads: 79
cool.gif

Bu ha ha ha! Rod that was awesome biggrin.gif

Mertay - indeed luck will be needed. Finished to install system but as usuall some surprises came out. I have a problem with monitors (I have to move left to get my mause to the monitor that's on the right. Seems like my win 7 screen options doesn't have a few extra options. When I switch on the graphic card then it doesn't want to launch one monitor tongue.gif Have to recheck every option.

Also seems like need to spend some money on new software versions. I'll go for Cubase 7 since I was always happy with Cubase (Not that anything else is bad)

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 9 2013, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Good news - video editting stuff works fine. Audio stuff confiuguration still in progress tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2013, 02:39 AM
Instructor
Fantastic! Congrats Darius! This is exactly my first move once I get back home. A new machine, all the relax that I got from the vacation can be gone thanks to the current one. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 11 2013, 12:48 PM
Instructor
I would like just to turn it on and be able to work just as I usually do...but I hope all that pain goes for future profits

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 12 2013, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Nov 11 2013, 11:48 AM) *
I would like just to turn it on and be able to work just as I usually do...but I hope all that pain goes for future profits

Last time I thought like that I was about to throw the pc out the window biggrin.gif

Nice to hear things are generally going fine, I know the guitar pro is on the works but is there anything else?

Out of curiosity I checked the new cubase, I left cubase at 3 (went samplitude) and it has gone a far way the new mixer looks pretty cool smile.gif what version of it are you planning to use? I saw the comparison and the less expensive options really look nice if someone uses different programs for video, notation etc...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 12 2013, 09:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 12 2013, 01:03 AM) *
Last time I thought like that I was about to throw the pc out the window biggrin.gif

Nice to hear things are generally going fine, I know the guitar pro is on the works but is there anything else?

Out of curiosity I checked the new cubase, I left cubase at 3 (went samplitude) and it has gone a far way the new mixer looks pretty cool smile.gif what version of it are you planning to use? I saw the comparison and the less expensive options really look nice if someone uses different programs for video, notation etc...

I was strugling myself with the new DAW choice. Aa always a matter of money available at the moment but after making comparisons I think that Cubase 7 Artist would be best option for me. Arist version limitations will be probably invisible for the needs a have. Indeed a lot of things has changed in Cubase. I'll try to dig 7 to have some piecefull another few years of work. I mean...don't let myself cought on another "computer age" breakthrough smile.gif Also I thought of buying Sony Movie Studio...simplier veriosn of Vegas but it has most of important tools and the price is uncomparalby lower

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 12 2013, 04:34 PM
I think you'll be fine with cubase but just demo it first incase something unexpected happens.

I remember going samplitude 9 and later 10se, the only problem on them was limited plug-in per channel. I used them with a third party plug-in opener but it sometimes crashed, seems nowadays they offer "music studio" but cubase artist seems better to me on paper.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 13 2013, 12:18 AM
Instructor
Since I have to work with it immediately I would better go for the safer mode. Cubase is much more familiar and all the shortcuts etc....You know smile.gif When I try to sit on other sound engeneer's sit to show what I exactly meant in the mix,, I always feel like a little baby searching for all those functions I had under my keys smile.gif Also one huge advantage. Newer cubase reads most of parameters from much older versions. When it happens to reuse some session done years ago I can quickly get it done

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 13 2013, 10:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
For me is much easy to work in Ableton because it was the first program that I learn to use smile.gif But I will try to make some free time to learn Cubase. Theoretical all programs have something in common but when I tried to work something in Cubase the final result was awful sad.gif

I have two questions:
1. Can you tell me please, a good program to convert wav to mp3 but without to add on my track some automatic effects, and cut the all good feel from wav? (I use Audacity and didn't like it) Or any audio converter which will not damage the audio quality of wav files when is converted.

2. In Sony Movie Studio simplier version when you save the final project, the quality of sound will be affected?
I never used Sony Vegas and I made my videos with "Windows movie maker" and at the final save, the quality of sound is compromise sad.gif
So I want to make some changes and I don't know which is the best idea. But I want something good and cheep for video editing smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Nov 13 2013, 10:05 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:55 AM