Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming., Purple/Morse Cover.
Gilmore
Mar 14 2009, 09:06 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I posted few days ago, a video of Deep Purple playing this live. After watching this I just had to cover it. Really a hard song to play, most of the main melody is played with tap harmonics, and that´s very hard to play like that clean, but I did my best. smile.gif

I play all guitars, but other instruments are within a backing track I found on the net.

[attachment=14380:Sometime...creaming.mp3]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 14 2009, 09:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow man this was a sweet cover! Sound quality is amazing , clean guitars sound amazing as well as distorted ones! You played it really well and produced the track great!
When I was at Morse's clinic he was showing this song smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 14 2009, 09:13 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Mar 15 2009, 01:22 AM
Hey thanks Bogdan.....I was up burning the midnight oil last night, sweating learning those taps harmonics, my hands hurt when I went to bed, then I recorded it today. I will listen to it again after the weekend, I think I´ve had enough of it for one day. smile.gif

Did Steve show the taping techneque in the clinic? I don´t understand how he produces harmonics for tones played after the 12th fret, not enough frets for a whole octive, even on a 24 fret guitar. But there is no problem getting harmonic tone for notes played below 12th.

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 15 2009, 01:33 AM
QUOTE (Gilmore @ Mar 15 2009, 02:22 AM) *
Hey thanks Bogdan.....I was up burning the midnight oil last night, sweating learning those taps harmonics, my hands hurt when I went to bed, then I recorded it today. I will listen to it again after the weekend, I think I´ve had enough of it for one day. smile.gif

Did Steve show the taping techneque in the clinic? I don´t understand how he produces harmonics for tones played after the 12th fret, not enough frets for a whole octive, even on a 24 fret guitar. But there is no problem getting harmonic tone for notes played below 12th.

The harmonic isn't on the fret, it's on the string, so the octave harmonic for a fret above 12th will be above the pickups,
for example if you play the 14th fret, it's octave harmonic would be where fret 26 would be if you had 26 frets.

Finding these harmonic spots is solely based on trial and error, you can guess the general area of where the harmonic would be but you'll need to try a few times before you will find the exact spot.

Hope that helped smile.gif

About the track, you did a great job, only a few timing issues here and there.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 15 2009, 03:53 PM
Jazz Instructor
This is very nice, sound is really pro!

+Quote Post
helo92
Mar 15 2009, 10:24 PM
good playing and awesome sound smile.gif

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 27 2009, 12:04 PM
Instructor
Nicely done! smile.gif
Backingtrack sounds great, and the guitars are well done too.
But the harmonics after the 12th fret can be quite tricky .. had to give it quite a number of tries to get eventually get it right.
Iluha is spot on with how it's done.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 27 2009, 12:25 PM
Instructor
Very nice job!
Your technique is clean and great sound quality!
Thanks a lot for posting this, awesome job!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:45 PM