3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
All Guitars Are Female., my philosophy
Spiderusalem
Oct 31 2007, 04:04 AM
GMC:er
No dirty minds allowed here, but yeah thats the way I think of them. Guitars are female, and the thing they give birth to is our signal. It escapes their mahogony womb and grows up through cables and distortions, until it can come out and become what we have come to know as "our tone". Its a beautiful process.

We love them for their beauty, their endearing flaws, their voice, and they way they feel. Think about it.

So a word to you gentlemen. Treat your ladies right smile.gif

lol sorry I'm being weird again.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Spiderusalem: Oct 31 2007, 04:04 AM

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Oct 31 2007, 04:07 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 30 2007, 10:04 PM) *
No dirty minds allowed here, but yeah thats the way I think of them. Guitars are female, and the thing they give birth to is our signal. It escapes their mahogony womb and grows up through cables and distortions, until it can come out and become what we have come to know as "our tone". Its a beautiful process.

We love them for their beauty, their endearing flaws, their voice, and they way they feel. Think about it.

All guitars are girls. Wow, those are some mean, and very aggressive girls (thinking of Heavy Metal). I wouldnt want to date one of them!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 31 2007, 04:08 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Jesus, i wonder what kinda girl Karl Sanders (Nile) custom KXK guitar is laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
Oct 31 2007, 04:10 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 30 2007, 10:08 PM) *
Jesus, i wonder what kinda girl Karl Sanders (Nile) custom KXK guitar is laugh.gif

Haha, all them Heavy metal girl/guitars are very abused. Someone needs to call the cops!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 31 2007, 04:11 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Oct 30 2007, 08:07 PM) *
All guitars are girls. Wow, those are some mean, and very aggressive girls (thinking of Heavy Metal). I wouldnt want to date one of them!!

Yes. Some of them are mean, very agressive, wholely unforgiving, and very high maintenance. Just like real women laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 31 2007, 04:12 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 30 2007, 07:11 PM) *
Yes. Some of them are mean, very agressive, wholely unforgiving, and very high maintenance. Just like real women laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Spiderusalem | 1
Commentors | 0

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
Oct 31 2007, 04:15 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 30 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Haha, aint that the truth!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 31 2007, 04:24 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 30 2007, 11:11 PM) *

Remember there are real women reading this whom we don't want to offend ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ryan
Oct 31 2007, 04:24 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 30 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Remember there are real women reading this whom we don't want to offend ...

Yeah, ahh but we got the rocker women, there different tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 31 2007, 04:35 AM
Lets go fishing!
Hmmm, I will play it safe in this thread.... No comment !! laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Oct 31 2007, 05:39 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Oct 30 2007, 08:24 PM) *
Yeah, ahh but we got the rocker women, there different tongue.gif

Ya, and the women I've met here have something called a SENSE OF HUMOR! laugh.gif
Seriously, we are all friends here; friends rip on each other, and it's all in good fun.
As long as no one goes over the line and personally attacks someone, I say bring it on!
Some people these days are WAY too sensitive! It's ok to make jokes about female stereotypes,
and it's ok for the girls to make fun of us guys for how much we smell, how much we belch, how lazy we are,
etc, etc...
I won't be offended, I promise...I hear it every day from my wife!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Oct 31 2007, 05:52 AM
QUOTE (ActiveX @ Oct 30 2007, 11:39 PM) *
Ya, and the women I've met here have something called a SENSE OF HUMOR! laugh.gif
Seriously, we are all friends here; friends rip on each other, and it's all in good fun.
As long as no one goes over the line and personally attacks someone, I say bring it on!
Some people these days are WAY too sensitive! It's ok to make jokes about female stereotypes,
and it's ok for the girls to make fun of us guys for how much we smell, how much we belch, how lazy we are,
etc, etc...
I won't be offended, I promise...I hear it every day from my wife!

Haha true, oh so true about the sensitivity thing. People now adays are just a "bunch of little girls" (figure of speech). They will cry about anything. Guys dont smell haha. ONLY there rooms do!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 31 2007, 07:12 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I knew a lady once who said to me she could really envy a guitar, how well it was treated in the hands of it's owner, the guitarist.

I don't see my guitar as a woman, but I can fully understand your point of view spiderusalem, aswell as my lady friend. So this time you contributed with a very sensable post laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 31 2007, 08:13 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 30 2007, 11:12 PM) *
I knew a lady once who said to me she could really envy a guitar, how well it was treated in the hands of it's owner, the guitarist.

I don't see my guitar as a woman, but I can fully understand your point of view spiderusalem, aswell as my lady friend. So this time you contributed with a very sensable post laugh.gif

yeah it happens every once in a while that what I say actually means something. very rare though. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 31 2007, 08:25 AM
We treasure it though biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 31 2007, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Oct 30 2007, 10:52 PM) *
Guys dont smell haha. ONLY there rooms do!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Right On!!!! wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
swingline
Oct 31 2007, 01:15 PM
My guitars not male or female....
ITS A BEAST!!!!!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 31 2007, 09:07 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 31 2007, 12:04 AM) *

I never put much stalk into how I refered to my guitar, but a while ago I realized I did refer to my Les Paul as "he". I guess it's due to the shear weight and how deep and throaty the tone is. Just seems like a boy guitar to me. Still haven't named him though tongue.gif

But Spiderusalem the philosophy you mentioned is true for most I think. And not only with guitars...most men I know refer to their cars, motorcycle or whatever their prized possesions are as feminin. However I believe if most cared for the women in their lives like they care for these possesions, with the love and respect, the world would be a much happier place biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Oct 31 2007, 12:11 AM) *

This is true for both sides of the coin my friend. But don't get me started on the double standards between men and women laugh.gif All I'll say is there are jerks in both sexes.

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Oct 31 2007, 09:16 PM
Does that mean if I bring one of my guitars to bed with us my man gets one of his dearest fantasies fulfilled??? wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 31 2007, 09:21 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Oct 31 2007, 05:16 PM) *
Does that mean if I bring one of my guitars to bed with us my man gets one of his dearest fantasies fulfilled??? wink.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

That is too funny girl! If that's the case I gotta get a bigger bed as I'd have to sleep next to a motorcycle! wink.gif

But seriously...why do people refer to stuff in the feminine?

This post has been edited by rokchik: Oct 31 2007, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:24 AM