Problems With My Schecter ?
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 20 2008, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
Didnt know where I should put this, but as of late my Schecter Hellrasier with a Fr. has been giving me some trouble sad.gif.

After I untighten the screws and tune it to the correct frequency's and tighten it back up, it immediatly goes out of tune ( To a lower pitch!.)

I dont know what to do, and Im desperate for answers. Any help appreciated, Thanks ! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 20 2008, 04:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
maybe you thighten them up too hard but anyways use the fine tuners at the brifge to correct the lower pitch...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Aug 20 2008, 04:16 PM
1. Make sure the trem is level with the body at whatever tuning you are trying to achieve.
if not adjust spring screws to accomplish this. The further off from level the bridge is the more problems you are gonna have with tuning.
2. If there is a string retainer bar. Make sure that it is set so that the strings go under the bar at the same angle as the strings go across the locking nut. You will know its not right if when you tighten the locking screws the strings go sharp.
3. Tune guitar...only after performing numbers 1 and 2 above. Floating bridges take some screwing around to get in tune, however once in tune it should not move out of tune very often.
4. Also check that the trem posts are not loose in the body of the guitar. They are pressed into a hole in the guitar body and on a rare occasion (with extreme whammy use) will wear out the body hole. This usually only happens in the softer body woods.

tip.
1. Try tuning it. press down on bar...check tune....pull up on bar...check tune.
Does it stay in tune both ways? If not the trem level is probably off slightly.

2. Floyd Rose makes a piece for blocking the trem. Also there was some other trem blocking device that I have seen people talk on this site. I cant remember the name right now but it had the ability to lock and unlock.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 20 2008, 04:38 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 20 2008, 07:04 AM) *
maybe you thighten them up too hard but anyways use the fine tuners at the brifge to correct the lower pitch...

Yeah I might just be being a little paranoid. Ive never been very good with Fr. tongue.gif
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Aug 20 2008, 07:16 AM) *
1. Make sure the trem is level with the body at whatever tuning you are trying to achieve.
if not adjust spring screws to accomplish this. The further off from level the bridge is the more problems you are gonna have with tuning.
2. If there is a string retainer bar. Make sure that it is set so that the strings go under the bar at the same angle as the strings go across the locking nut. You will know its not right if when you tighten the locking screws the strings go sharp.
3. Tune guitar...only after performing numbers 1 and 2 above. Floating bridges take some screwing around to get in tune, however once in tune it should not move out of tune very often.
4. Also check that the trem posts are not loose in the body of the guitar. They are pressed into a hole in the guitar body and on a rare occasion (with extreme whammy use) will wear out the body hole. This usually only happens in the softer body woods.

tip.
1. Try tuning it. press down on bar...check tune....pull up on bar...check tune.
Does it stay in tune both ways? If not the trem level is probably off slightly.

2. Floyd Rose makes a piece for blocking the trem. Also there was some other trem blocking device that I have seen people talk on this site. I cant remember the name right now but it had the ability to lock and unlock.

Thanks for all your help, it appears I get this baby in tune again ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:36 PM