10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Who Inspired You?, To play guitar BETTER!
JVM
Jan 13 2008, 06:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Lately a huge amount of my inspiration has come from Mikael Akerfeldt. I just think he's a great musician overall, who can do many styles greatly, and at the same time seems to be a down to earth and funny guy. Of course many others mentioned in this thread, and I STILL don't get the kirk hammett hate tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JensN
Jan 24 2008, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
Oh, this could be a very long list, but I'll try to keep it short.

In some kind of chronological order:
    Prince - Some of the things he does with a guitar are just amazing. Check out some of his live stuff if you haven't...
    Steve Stevens - What would Billy Idols records been without him?
    The Edge
    Steve Lukather
    Slash
    Nuno Bettencourt
    Steve Marker - From Garbage, perhaps not technically very advanced, but inspiring nonetheless
    John Frusciante
    Gary More
    SRV
    Billy Gibbons

At the moment, there's lot of blues and blues rock stuff spinning in my players. ZZ Top's early recorord I find great for inspiration IMHO. (Just recently discovered those acctually).

Also bands like Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age deserves a mentioning here as well. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Atlantik
Jan 24 2008, 04:56 PM
Inspiration to play better came (mostly) from Joe Satriani.
There was various other players that inspired me to start and to keep on going though.

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 24 2008, 05:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have to add MARKUS LAVENDELL to my list, what a way to play with amounts of feelling and impeccable technique, I just can't stop watching his videos.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 05:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 24 2008, 05:09 PM) *
I have to add MARKUS LAVENDELL to my list, what a way to play with amounts of feelling and impeccable technique, I just can't stop watching his videos.

Absolutely,Marcus has been HUGE inspiration for all of us!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 24 2008, 09:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 24 2008, 05:09 PM) *

+1 to that
Just amazing

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
JakeDalton
Jan 24 2008, 09:58 PM
I would say to pick up the guitar it was the metallica stuff but to want to take it to the next level has been Zakk Wylde for solo purposes and for melody purpose is Steven Wilson. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
adam1302
Mar 26 2008, 09:37 AM
1. hendrix
2. Tommy Emmanuel
3. Chet Atkins

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 26 2008, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Every guitarist or musicians that I like, and there are so many!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Canis
Mar 27 2008, 09:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, there's a lot of people who have inspired me, since there's a lot of good guitarists out there. But out of everyone, there's only a "few" whom I remember the name and music. Those are, in no specific order:

- Andrew White
- Gary Moore
- Joe Satriani
- Antoine Dufour
- Andy McKee
- All GMC Instructors =)
- Matthew Santos
- Carlos Santana
- Elias Viljanen
- Gregory Hoskins

Most Candyrat Records artists really.. A record company that have artists with real talent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Apr 5 2008, 05:34 PM
Instructor
I would have to say my top five in no particular order who inspired me the most as a player.

1. Randy Rhoads
2. George Lynch
3. Ritchie Blackmore
4. Adrian Vandenberg
5. Rudolph Schenker

There are many others along the way, you kinda go thru phases, right now i am on a Kiko Loureiro excursion. He rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQL2cLE7HpA

This song is the bomb

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Apr 5 2008, 06:49 PM
When I first started it was all about Kirk Hammett and I still call Metallica my favorite band. But now, there are a lot of guitar players that influence me some of the biggest I can think of now is:

Chuck Schuldiner
Jeff Loomis
Chris Broderick
Shannon Hamm
Muhammed Suicmez
Alexi Laiho
So many more

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
J.T.
Apr 6 2008, 09:57 PM
my first influence was Richie Sambora - I started playing because of him...
From then on mostly Eddie Van Halen and Steve Lukather...
But ofc I love lots and lots of other great players that keep on inspiring me song after song...

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Apr 6 2008, 10:06 PM
slash mostly, then Brian May, MAB, and EVH

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Oct 17 2008, 06:50 PM
Joe Satriani was the first Solo Guitarist I started listen to. Steve Vai and Eric Johnson are two guys I have learnd a lot from. but my biggest insperation is Muris I, for sure, had not been as good as I am today without Muris. Thank you man! smile.gif

This post has been edited by ErikEklund: Oct 17 2008, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 17 2008, 07:19 PM
Angus young first, then chuck berry, then came SRV, then the Lynryd Skynyrd guitarist, satriani too and alot more tooo!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 17 2008, 07:56 PM
Pete Townsend(loved the who when I was a lil nipper)
Keith richards(got my old man to thank for playing stones stuff realy loud)
Steve Jones(Loved the pistold big time,and still think steve is cool)
Malmsteen(He changed my direction on guitar to actualy work out solos!)
Vai(hate his solo stuff but with DLR he was a rock god!)
paul Gilbert(MR big!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Tony macalpine(Maximum security is a classic album)
Vinnie moore(time odessey is perfection)
Greg Howe(great solo player with groove,just wish his comps sounded better on whole)
Andy timmons(great high tech bluesy phraisng and blazing)
Brett Garsed(damm near the perfect guitarist,cant fault him!)

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Oct 17 2008, 08:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 13 2008, 01:13 PM) *
Lately a huge amount of my inspiration has come from Mikael Akerfeldt. I just think he's a great musician overall, who can do many styles greatly, and at the same time seems to be a down to earth and funny guy. Of course many others mentioned in this thread, and I STILL don't get the kirk hammett hate tongue.gif

Mikael and Satch are my main guys! The new and the old Mikael. lol smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
FrankW
Oct 18 2008, 09:00 PM
Over the years, I've been inspired by too many to name. The usual top players come to mind, of course.

But with the advent of Youtube and GMC, relative unknowns have been my primary source of inspiration. It's cool to see normal people playing their butts off on Youtube. Gustavo Guerra is phenomenal! And thanks to GMC, I've discovered amazing talent like Marcus, Emir, and Muris to name a few.

It's so encouraging to watch these guys play so well, and realize that all one has to do is put in the time, along with the proper method, of course. Watching Muris play is both inspiring and frustrating. And have you checked out Zsolts' new lesson?

These guys are all smoking guitar players who can play with, and in many cases, outplay the best there is.
GMC has put these maniacs in our living rooms, for all intents and purposes, for valuable looks into their personal styles and how they achieve their incredible technique.

You don't get this kind of input from big name talent.

I guess what I'm saying is that in many ways, GMC has gone a long way to reignite my passion for playing, thanks to the pool of amazing talent they provide.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 18 2008, 10:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Oct 17 2008, 07:50 PM) *
Joe Satriani was the first Solo Guitarist I started listen to. Steve Vai and Eric Johnson are two guys I have learnd a lot from. but my biggest insperation is Muris I, for sure, had not been as good as I am today without Muris. Thank you man! smile.gif

Glad I've been helpful a bit,thank you! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:04 PM