Guitar And Drum Micing For A Live Gigg.
Gilmore
Feb 15 2010, 03:57 PM
GMC:er
Hi there.

My band is about to play their first gigg next weekend. It´s friday and saturday nights 3 - 4 hours each night in a fairly large pub/club.

I have Marshall DSL50 and I was wondering if I should use my SM 57 to mic the amp to the PA or not?

Also I had an argument with the drummer, because he thinks 3 dynamic mics are enough to mic the whole drumkit and it´s fairly large kit. He only owns 3 mics for this, and I told him to go out and buy at least 2 more. He is just going to put a mic in the bass drum and then 2 mics to the left and right of the set, and NO mic on the snare drum. I´m afraid that´s not going to cover it. I´ve read many articles about this and most drumers use at least 3 - 4 dynamics and 2 condenser for overhead. mad.gif

Other gigging tips are preaciated right now if you have any. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gilmore
Feb 18 2010, 09:23 AM
GMC:er
We have everything we need now, and I´m sure the club has something we can use also.

I let you know how it goes, mabye some videos. smile.gif

Thank you for the help. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:07 PM