3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Hooray! I Can No Longer Play My Electric Guitar. :(, Back problems SUCK!!!!!!!!
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 8 2008, 12:27 AM
GMC:er
Hey man, I feel bad to hear you have to go through these problems as I have many health problems also. One of which I recently almost died from. So I know how upsetting, stressful, and disappointing this bullsh** can be. The key is to keep your head up and dont give in to anything!

Good luck on your road to recovery, and best of wishes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 8 2008, 12:30 AM
That's horrible man sad.gif I truely hope that you recover and are able to play electric again some day.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 8 2008, 12:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Mar 8 2008, 12:01 AM) *
The thing here is, I can strap on the acoustic with no problems, since it's so light. Maybe, later down the road I can play electrics again, but it would have to be an awfully light weight electric. And I'm honestly not even sure if they make electrics that are all that light, outside of maybe a hollow body, but I don't really want a hollow body electric. I'm happy that I don't have to give it up completely. Looking back, I don't see how I went as long as I did without playing. I think now it would drive me completely apes$!+ if I had to quit playing altogether. But still, there's really nothing like plugging in and cranking the amp up. Can't really do that with an acoustic. sad.gif I'm really, really going to miss that. Right now though, I'm considering investing in a really nice acoustic. Probably a higher end Ovation. The thing that really, really pisses me off about this whole situation is simply this: I've actually managed to get to a point where I'm somewhat satisfied with my playing, mostly thanks to GMC.

Then grab guitar that fits you atm and enjoy your time. smile.gif
Perhaps having a break from heavy weight electric guitar
might help you with the whole situation?
Who knows,just don't give it up totally and good luck of course. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Sonny
Mar 8 2008, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that... but playing classical guitar can be fun, i'm talking about nylong strigs guitars, you can learn new things, and also playing keybord would be grate! you have a lot of options man, don give up!

I use to play tennis since i was a child, but last year i had a bike accident and i broke my left leg, i'm lucky to be here with you... but i wont be able to play tennis anymore, so i understand your situation, but as i said, you have options... there are some others instruments and guitar styles.

Good look my friend!!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Mar 8 2008, 09:04 PM
I can only wish you all the best...
Hope all the pain will slowly fade away.
Oh, and most great songs were written on an acoustic by the way!
Good luck.
Cheers,
Eddie

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 8 2008, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Mar 7 2008, 05:35 PM) *
To make a really long story kind of short, I've had problems with my back for as long as I can remember. About 12 or so years ago, I was diagnosed with Congenital Spinal Stenosis. It basically means that since I was born, my spinal canal has been shrinking, so to speak, causing the disks in my back to erode over time. (In a normal MRI, the disks on a healthy spine show up as white.......About half of the disks in mine show up as black!) This results tons of problems as I get older. I've had two lumbar surgeries in the past 3 years. Now I was diagnosed with a herniated T-7 and T-9 w/ pinched nerve. For 2+ years I've been having excruciating pain in the middle of my back. Doctor after doctor diagnosed it as muscular problems, since problems with the Thoracic spine are apparently very, very rare, that is until a few months ago when I convinced my new family doc to let me have an MRI.

This resulted in the present diagnosis and I was informed of some more good news yesterday. The operation isn't going to be a walk in the park, like the previous operations. There's a lot more to worry about in the thoracic area such as a huge potential of bleeding out and a possibility of being paralyzed from the waist down. And since the nerve has been pinched for over 2 years, there's a great possibility of permanent nerve damage. Anyhoo, this all boils down to the fact that playing the electric guitar is going to be all but impossible for me, at least for a few years. Maybe I can get back into it one day down the line, but for now I suppose it means that I'm going to be selling my entire electric rig.

So this really, really sucks but at least I can still play my acoustic. smile.gif Anyhoo, I figured I'd let the folks here at GMC have first crack at the stuff I'm selling. I'll list the stuff in the classified section, if anyone's interested.

Very sorry to hear that sad.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Rodnator
Mar 8 2008, 10:26 PM
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune. I am also getting ready for back surgery. I have much Empathy for your stuation and hope it all works out. Good Luck,

Rod from Connecticut

This post has been edited by Rodnator: Mar 9 2008, 01:53 AM

--------------------
Electric Guitars : Gibson Les Paul Standard "Raw Power", Fender American Deluxe HSS QMT Stratocaster
Acoustic Guitars : Ovation 1771 LX Balladeer
Effects : Digitech Jammer Looper, Digitech DF7 Distortion Factory, Boss DD-3 delay, Keeley Modded Boss DS-1, Keeley Modded TS-808 Tube Screamer, Keeley compressor, Dunlop CryBaby Wah.
Amps : 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 50 watt Head (all original unmodified Electronics, Complete cosmetic restoration) It is the "Tone of the Gods" 1982 Marshall 1960a JCM 800 4x12 Slant Cabinet

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 8 2008, 10:27 PM
Have you tried Parker electrics man. A Parker Fly Deluxe ways the same as an acoustic. About 5 pounds smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Mar 8 2008, 10:31 PM
HEY! think of the positive side... you chord skills will be great in no time at all. Play chords and such... maybe hit up the theory board.

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 8 2008, 10:33 PM
Very sad to hear, sorry... I'm a little confused, though, couldn't you still play sitting down?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 8 2008, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Thats terrible sad.gif I Hope you eventually are able to play the electric again.

But if the weight of the guitar can be the solution, then there's always the Parker (as mentioned above) or the Jackson SLSMG at 6 pounds.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kyle Logue
Mar 8 2008, 11:40 PM
Drum instructor
sorry to hear that man

+Quote Post
man0mule
Mar 12 2008, 04:18 PM
you could try a parker fly. from what i've heard they are very light weight. only weighing a few pounds.....rediculously expensive though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 12 2008, 05:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sorry to hear man, don't realy know what to say...

Well, maybe now you can start your classical guitar carreer and become famous with that!

G'd luck pal!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 19 2008, 03:29 AM
I'll pray for you, dude.

May God be with you.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Nick325
Mar 19 2008, 03:31 AM
i hope u get better and can play again soon.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 19 2008, 03:52 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 8 2008, 10:27 PM) *
Have you tried Parker electrics man. A Parker Fly Deluxe ways the same as an acoustic. About 5 pounds smile.gif

+1
Definately give these a try if you can. Wish the best for you man!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bali
Mar 19 2008, 04:10 AM
How about a Steinberger-type guitar?

They're awsome instruments with unique strappping system and weight <4 kg

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=044
http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.G3T

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 19 2008, 04:39 AM
back pain is hard to deal with. makes life tough. Some people have no idea what it is like to have to deal with chronic pain. I don't have it, but I can understand it, and hope this works out for you.

one of my Les Paul's came from a guy who had back problems and had to quit playing. really nice les paul.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 19 2008, 08:52 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'm so sorry to hear this sad.gif

I hope you get better soon..

Good luck with everything smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:45 AM