6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Blues Rock Collab, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2014, 05:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 31 2014, 09:14 AM) *
Here is the soundcloud file of my take smile.gif Video to follow! I'm using extremely low gain, well, low gain for me smile.gif And i"m using the Homewrecker Punisher pickup that I recently installed in my razorback with those spiff pickup covers that vonhotch made.
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/homewrecker-pickups-punisher-neck-position-overloud-th2

Here is the link to download the SOLO ONLY clip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7o2c08nml36b81/T...BluesCollab.wav

[attachment=38226:homewrecker1.jpg]

Hey Todd! Nice going with the tone man - I personally like the lower gain approach, as everything sounds very crisp, clear and well rounded!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2014, 10:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jul 31 2014, 12:21 AM) *
Thanks Gab, yes I still have the link to that Satch video.

Maybe one of these days I'll get back to jamming in the chat room... unsure.gif

Cool! I hope to see you soon! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 31 2014, 06:14 AM) *
Here is the soundcloud file of my take smile.gif Video to follow! I'm using extremely low gain, well, low gain for me smile.gif And i"m using the Homewrecker Punisher pickup that I recently installed in my razorback with those spiff pickup covers that vonhotch made.
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/homewrecker-pickups-punisher-neck-position-overloud-th2

Here is the link to download the SOLO ONLY clip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7o2c08nml36b81/T...BluesCollab.wav

[attachment=38226:homewrecker1.jpg]

Thanks for your solo Mr. Simpson! It's pure majesty. Also, let me say that this "cleaner" sound fits great with your phrasing on this one. Well done!

QUOTE (Guido Bungenstock @ Jul 31 2014, 10:49 AM) *
Hi guys,
I'm really proud that for the 2nd time my guitar lesson turned into a video collab,
So have fun and let the guitars speak for themself,

Your lessons always include amazing backing tracks Guido. You are invited to record a solo to be part of this one. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Aug 1 2014, 01:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 31 2014, 09:44 PM) *
Your lessons always include amazing backing tracks Guido. You are invited to record a solo to be part of this one. biggrin.gif

Many THX, Gabriel! But I have to do a lot between the next days. So i think I don't have time to collaborate.... ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2014, 08:22 AM
GMC:er
Thanks!! smile.gif I'm using the BRIDGE position and the pickup is a Hand Wound "Homewrecker Pickups - Punisher". It can do everything from Metal to Blues. I have a matched set in my Dean Razorback and LOVE THEM!! ohmy.gif) VONHOTCH did the custom covers. This is a cheap guitar but now it RAWKS!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2014, 12:02 PM) *
Hey Todd! Nice going with the tone man - I personally like the lower gain approach, as everything sounds very crisp, clear and well rounded!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2014, 05:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2014, 07:22 AM) *
Thanks!! smile.gif I'm using the BRIDGE position and the pickup is a Hand Wound "Homewrecker Pickups - Punisher". It can do everything from Metal to Blues. I have a matched set in my Dean Razorback and LOVE THEM!! ohmy.gif) VONHOTCH did the custom covers. This is a cheap guitar but now it RAWKS!!!
Attached Image

It looks very metaaaalll biggrin.gif Not my type of axe, as it looks pretty uncofmy - how do you cope with playing it? Do you need to find a certain position to hold it? Or? I remember my first electric - A Jackson Randy Rhoads copy, which was pretty uncomfy to use when sitting if you wanted to play sidesaddle...

+Quote Post
Huargo
Aug 3 2014, 03:23 PM
Tone Seeker
Hey!
I'll try to be in! finishing my work and entering to holidays with a good collab smile.gif
I'm working on the bridge now... timing issues as always but i like the melody!

https://soundcloud.com/david-vico-2/bridge

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 3 2014, 06:24 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I will try and come up with something for the collab. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 3 2014, 07:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (huargo @ Aug 3 2014, 02:23 PM) *
Hey!
I'll try to be in! finishing my work and entering to holidays with a good collab smile.gif

Hey bro! That's exactly what I wanted to point out - you have very nice ideas, but the timing is a bit faulty wink.gif You need to work with the drum track a bit more smile.gif I am looking forward to hearing the next try with more groove, because the ideas are great!

Welcome Huargo and DG!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 3 2014, 07:15 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2014, 10:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (huargo @ Aug 3 2014, 11:23 AM) *
Hey!

That's a killer composition! You have the most difficult part mate, now it's time to focus on the easy part: practice to polish it. You have to focus on timing, the phrases are excellent! Use a metronome over the backing, use your foot to count while you play, close your eyes while you practice, try to sing the solo over the backing focusing on timing. Experiment with this tips in order to adjust the timing and your solo will be top level.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2014, 06:55 AM
Oddly enough it sits perfectly! smile.gif It's like a V in the back so I sit with it in classical position and it rests at the perfect angle so the neck is just right. It actually sits better than my other guitars. It's a bit wonky to play when standing just because it tends to bump in to things!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 2 2014, 12:40 PM) *
It looks very metaaaalll biggrin.gif Not my type of axe, as it looks pretty uncofmy - how do you cope with playing it? Do you need to find a certain position to hold it? Or? I remember my first electric - A Jackson Randy Rhoads copy, which was pretty uncomfy to use when sitting if you wanted to play sidesaddle...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2014, 09:10 AM
BTW When is the deadline?

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 31 2014, 12:02 PM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2014, 12:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 4 2014, 08:10 AM) *
BTW When is the deadline?

August 22nd wink.gif Well, I am more of a classic shape kind of guy - the simpler the better biggrin.gif And about hitting things... when I was a kid and I was living with my mom and dad in a flat I had a tiny room, in comparison to my current abode and I inevitably hit everything while practicing standing up smile.gif

C'mon guys - who else is in?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2014, 05:35 AM
I hear ya smile.gif As I always say, to each his own!! I am a big fan of "Pointy Guitars" smile.gif The pointier the better.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 4 2014, 07:16 AM) *
August 22nd wink.gif Well, I am more of a classic shape kind of guy - the simpler the better biggrin.gif And about hitting things... when I was a kid and I was living with my mom and dad in a flat I had a tiny room, in comparison to my current abode and I inevitably hit everything while practicing standing up smile.gif

C'mon guys - who else is in?

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 6 2014, 03:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi guys,
still some work on bending on pitch and vibrato.
Here's my try anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfN5T_iWUwg...eature=youtu.be

Room for improvement!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2014, 05:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Aug 6 2014, 11:11 AM) *
Hi guys,
still some work on bending on pitch and vibrato.
Here's my try anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfN5T_iWUwg...eature=youtu.be

Room for improvement!

Hi Rhida! Nice to find your take here! I just give you some comments and ideas at Gab's Army before listening to this take. I can notice that there are some cool ideas happening here, but there are many things that could be polished just with some more practice. Let's divide the solo in different parts:

00:00 to 00:15: Here you use a melody played with octaves and your tremolo bar to give it an aggressive vibrato. Be careful with timing when you play the melodies, and try to make the vibrato (with the bar) with a groove more connected with the rhythm of the track. This will make it fit better and less "nervous".

00:17- 00:44 : Here appear the bending problems. You don't reach the correct pitches most of the times and that makes your solo sound out of scale. I gave you an extra exercise at gab's army so please check it out. A good experiment would be to record the melodies and phrasing that you are trying to play but without bending technique. Instead of playing bends, play the target notes to memorize the pitches and notes that you are trying to play for this solo. Then you can practice the solo using bending but playing over your own solo, to compare the pitches while you play and be sure that you are playing them right.

00:44 - end: That last lick is a bit over the fast limits of your current playing so why would you add it now? What about creating a slower variations that is closer to your current skills and save this one for a diary practice that let you master it in some time? You can create and idea that has less notes but that has the same essence or feeling. Try it and show me the examples that you get!

Ok mate, I hope that this feedback help you! The idea is not to discourage you to join this one, we can use many parts of this take to create the final mix, but as the collaborations are specially designed to work on your phrasing, composing and technique, we think that some honest and detailed feedback is the way to go.

Let me know if you have any question about these things.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2014, 07:39 AM
Instructor
Hey there Rhida!

I'm rowing in the same boat as Gabi here smile.gif You can polish this take in order to have it ready for the collab before the deadline, so please take Gabi's suggestions into consideration and I will once again underline that honest feedback is pretty much that one thing that no matter how harsh would sound at times, is the only one that can help you progress.

I will recommend a few lessons here that will help your phrasing and pitch control when bending, so that you may have a few extra arrows in your quiver for this collab:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/15-Blues-Licks/

Keep us updated and we'll be sure helping out wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rhida
Aug 8 2014, 09:55 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's cool guys!
Thanks for the advices and the suggestions.
I might try again next week or so after some little work wink.gif.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 8 2014, 03:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Mayhaps I be in. It kinda depends on what I can come up with. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2014, 03:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Aug 8 2014, 08:55 AM) *
That's cool guys!
Thanks for the advices and the suggestions.
I might try again next week or so after some little work wink.gif.

Please do mate! We're here to assist, so just post the next recording here and we'll be sure to send our feedback wink.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 8 2014, 02:42 PM) *

Welcome aboard mate! I'm sure you'll hit us with something nice as usual! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 11 2014, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 8 2014, 11:42 AM) *

Cool! Looking forward your take! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:22 PM