3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Anime Thread
VinceG
Mar 19 2008, 05:56 AM
GMC:er
So im dedicating this thread to all the anime lovers on GMC. I just finished one of the best anime I have ever seen, GunGrave. The ending was a tearful one for me. I really did have tears in my eyes as the last couple of mins of Ep 26 rolls by. Really an astounding anime that was written masterfully. If you haven't seen it, its about this 2 best friends, Brandon and Harry, and there rise to power and eventual downfall of the Mafia family syndicate. Full of action, great characters, great length, story line is some of the best ive ever witnessed. Its just an overall great anime. I think it just became top fav of mine.

This is not just some thread to say that you like anime and thats that. I want this to be a legitimate one where we discuss current fav's, spoilers, recommendations and what nots. So lets hear it guys and gals rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 19 2008, 09:00 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well im a big fan, but to be honest I just keep watching the old ones over and over and over again smile.gif I REALLY like Vampire Hunter D, both the old and the newer "bloodlust". There is something haungtingly beautiful about them smile.gif I also LOVE Cuber City Oedo 808, I really love those Cyber Punks turned Police !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Also big favorites inlucde, Patalbor 2, Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell smile.gif

If you can recommened some cool new ones to me that would be great biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
visi0n
Mar 19 2008, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I love Anime, i watch Naruto and Bleach right now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 19 2008, 11:14 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well my favorites have to be Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, and Gundam Wing, But especially Gundam Wing. An awesome, intricate, long story full of betryals, major plot twists, action and just great story telling.

Much like our own Mattacuk, i LOVE Vampire Hunter D, The original and Bloodlust. Like he said, Hauntingly beautiful, great story with some good fight scenes. The original is classic Anime, you cant beat it.

Ghost In The Shell is phenomenal, the first and second ones have a great Sci-Fi/ Thriller story that is really abstract and out there, Gets you thinking. The action is great, and the fight scenes look especially good especially for when it was made.

Princess Mononoke, Dont let the name put you off, its a great Anime. Reminds me a bit of some RPG's, in a good way, BUt if you like leaning toward the more "fantasy" style of Anime, this is for you.

Ninja Scroll is another good one, Basic storyline that really develops as it progresses through the story. If you ever read the Manga "Blade Of The Immortal", you will find many similarities to Ninja Scroll.

Lastly i must mention and Anime classic, and Icon, a standard by which all others are graded, The amazing....Akira.
FANTASIC movie, the story is great, really trippy, you get really involved in it and the whole thing is just awesome, The ending is great and is more complex and in depth than the movie would lead you to believe, An absolute favorite of mine.

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 19 2008, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I love Anime....

I watch a lot of Naruto and also some Prince of Tennis

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 19 2008, 11:25 AM
Get to da Chopper!
The only one i've seen- was awesome:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 19 2008, 11:26 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 19 2008, 10:14 AM) *
Well my favorites have to be Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, and Gundam Wing, But especially Gundam Wing. An awesome, intricate, long story full of betryals, major plot twists, action and just great story telling.

Much like our own Mattacuk, i LOVE Vampire Hunter D, The original and Bloodlust. Like he said, Hauntingly beautiful, great story with some good fight scenes. The original is classic Anime, you cant beat it.

Ghost In The Shell is phenomenal, the first and second ones have a great Sci-Fi/ Thriller story that is really abstract and out there, Gets you thinking. The action is great, and the fight scenes look especially good especially for when it was made.

Princess Mononoke, Dont let the name put you off, its a great Anime. Reminds me a bit of some RPG's, in a good way, BUt if you like leaning toward the more "fantasy" style of Anime, this is for you.

Ninja Scroll is another good one, Basic storyline that really develops as it progresses through the story. If you ever read the Manga "Blade Of The Immortal", you will find many similarities to Ninja Scroll.

Lastly i must mention and Anime classic, and Icon, a standard by which all others are graded, The amazing....Akira.
FANTASIC movie, the story is great, really trippy, you get really involved in it and the whole thing is just awesome, The ending is great and is more complex and in depth than the movie would lead you to believe, An absolute favorite of mine.

Awsome taste wub.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 19 2008, 11:50 AM
Some of my favourites include Rurouni Kenshin and especially the last OVA. Only thing lately I've watched that made me in tears. It was beautiful and very saddening. Great Anime. Alo I love Elfen Lied which is a very violent anime but great nonetheless. Blood+ which is another good anime. Final Fantasy Anime whever it was called biggrin.gif

Others:
Ghost In The Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Mobile Suit Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion

+ Many others smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 12:25 PM
Instructor
I should definetly check out some more anime.. I've only seen Vampire Hunter D huh.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 19 2008, 04:36 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 19 2008, 11:25 AM) *
I should definetly check out some more anime.. I've only seen Vampire Hunter D huh.gif

Watch Elfen Lied. You wont be disappointed smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Mar 19 2008, 05:24 PM
I love anime, but it never compairs to its manga counterparts. In a lot of anime series Ive watched they cut an awful lot of corners in the animation process. Ive been reading bleach for ages now and the anime does not even come close to how great it is, with lack of style and loads of filler! dry.gif Some anime is really good like elfin leid and gundam wing! and of course DBZ!

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 19 2008, 05:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 19 2008, 04:36 PM) *
Watch Elfen Lied. You wont be disappointed smile.gif

Cool smile.gif Will do

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 20 2008, 12:33 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 19 2008, 02:50 AM) *
Others:
Ghost In The Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Mobile Suit Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion

+ Many others smile.gif

Ah yes, Cowboy Bebop was awesome!!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 20 2008, 05:00 AM
hey cool anime fans!

Sorry that I haven't seen Vampire Hunter D as I am not a fan of vampire stuff smile.gif

Oh yea, I've never seen Akira either haha.

I see a lot of Naruto fans here. I finally caught up with the manga. The fight between Itachi and Sasuke is def not worth the wait since the fight is taking way too long.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 20 2008, 12:20 PM
I always liked cartoons as a kid, Gundam Wing and Dragon Ball Z were my favorites. But now that I'm in college I need things to relax myself in between the school work. So I got back into cartoons, I just finished watching all the Dragon ball GT episodes, and I've seen most of Dragon ball, and Dragon ball Z. But man the ending to GT was so sad. Now I'm on to Gundam Wing, much better storyline than Dragon ball, but Dragon ball was just so cool and funny. Oh and just so the instructors know, I do play guitar while watching them, and in between episodes I get in real practice. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 22 2008, 01:24 AM
Also gotta add the movie Black Magic M-66. Awesome flick from the 80s.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 22 2008, 01:33 AM
Wow, there's a lot of anime freaks on here blink.gif ...ummm...I mean people dedicated to a very noble cause. rolleyes.gif

Just kidding of course, but I've never been able to like anime, except for DBZ. Too many girly men for me smile.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 22 2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah you have to sidestep all that BS laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 24 2008, 03:33 AM
What is that site that you can watch like almost any anime show or movie on? I forgot what it was.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 24 2008, 04:01 AM
Hell id love to know that too! smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:41 PM