What Would Be More Effective?, Acoustic or electric?
SamJ
Jan 3 2008, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
If I'm practicing scales which instrument would be more effective to play on? Electric guitar or acoustic?

I was thinking acoustic because then when I transfer the scales to electric it would feel easier to play but I wasn't too sure.

What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 3 2008, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Both are important a lot imho,
it wouldn't be fair to give bigger advantage to only one smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jan 3 2008, 05:11 PM
Hmmmmm....but wouldn't practicing scales on an acoustic give my fingers more strength and stamina?

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 3 2008, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Jan 3 2008, 11:11 AM) *
Hmmmmm....but wouldn't practicing scales on an acoustic give my fingers more strength and stamina?

yes, that is true, so i would probably practice on acoustic to build up strength.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jan 3 2008, 05:27 PM
Cool, thanks guys for the fast respsonses. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Freebird
Jan 4 2008, 01:13 AM
I'd practice on the electric guitar... You need to be relaxed and train to hit the string softly to play fast. But I think both are good, and acoutsic guitar with high action and thick gauge strings will help your finger strengh wink.gif

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Jan 4 2008, 01:14 AM
I think it depends on what you wanna play. If its sweep picking and alternate picking heavy you may want to practice with the electric. If you wanna practice serenading your lady with love songs then I say go with the acoustic.

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 01:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Jan 3 2008, 05:11 PM) *

Probably would but you would also get different feeling of instrument etc,
that's why I think you should practice on both in parallel. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 4 2008, 02:23 AM
Instructor
both instruments are great, so I cannot choose only one tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jan 4 2008, 02:24 AM
Instructor
Both are different, even if acoustic staff requires some mor extra strenght, when you go electrical you should use less force. Yo have to find and memorize the apropiate force for all the guitars you have in your hands. Also there are technical difficulties that are atached to one or other kind of guitars. Moreyou know better for you, but you want to decide what do you want to do.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:07 AM