My First Tattoo
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 5 2014, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Alright folks, I did it smile.gif It's my first tattoo and I am very proud of starting this little project smile.gif

It's actually not that little, because it's something that I will hold for all my life with me, in my heart and on my skin, to remind me of the way in which I should live if I will wander astray.

Basically, these are the 7 virtues of a warrior as they are written in the Bushido code. They represent the essence of a true warrior:

This is the first one (Makoto, meaning Sincerity) and I will have each of the remaining 6 done, one/month until they are all here .. Now the most difficult part is here - walking through life like a warrior. Wish me luck smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 5 2014, 05:24 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 5 2014, 05:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Congrats for your first tattoo smile.gif
To be honest I always thought why you don't have any tattoo, because it will fits very cool with your image tongue.gif It's a must for Wolverine to have a tattoo biggrin.gif
BTW looks very cool smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Apr 5 2014, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 5 2014, 05:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congratulations on your first tattoo. I haven't got any yet, but I kind of have a few in mind for some point in my life.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 5 2014, 06:09 PM
GMC:er
Nice work Cos!! Where are you going to put the others in the set??

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 5 2014, 06:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
very nicely done indeed.
I like the the theme you are going for, it totally suits you 100% smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2014, 06:26 PM
Instructor
Congrats Cosmin! It looks killer! smile.gif I also wonder where the other ones will be done...

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 5 2014, 06:26 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 5 2014, 08:34 PM
Nice tat...Be careful though...there is a problem sometimes with getting Chinese or Japanese symbols tattooed. At times they can mean something different than you think...even if you think you have a reliable source.

+Quote Post
dcz702
Apr 5 2014, 09:31 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 5 2014, 04:22 PM) *
Alright folks, I did it smile.gif It's my first tattoo and I am very proud of starting this little project smile.gif

It's actually not that little, because it's something that I will hold for all my life with me, in my heart and on my skin, to remind me of the way in which I should live if I will wander astray.

Basically, these are the 7 virtues of a warrior as they are written in the Bushido code. They represent the essence of a true warrior:

This is the first one (Makoto, meaning Sincerity) and I will have each of the remaining 6 done, one/month until they are all here .. Now the most difficult part is here - walking through life like a warrior. Wish me luck smile.gif

Sweet, howed that spot feel. I have a sleeve that goes up there covering up to the same spot and for me it kinda sucked right there. wink.gif

This post has been edited by dcz702: Apr 5 2014, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Apr 5 2014, 11:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congratulations Cosmin!

These symbols and their meanings are cool! I like the REI one.
And the MEIYO one looks like an XD face with a tall hat biggrin.gif.

I always wanted to get a tattoo but it always seemed like I won't like it in a few months or years. But the best tattoos
I've seen are always about a lifestyle, something that you truly believe in and is very significant to you. Very nice!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2014, 12:09 AM
Congrats!! Looks painful!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 5 2014, 12:22 PM) *

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Apr 6 2014, 04:10 PM
How did you find the pain getting tattooed there Cosmin. There is not a lot of fat there on the body so it must of felt quite stingy.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2014, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Looks great C-Master !!

Whenever you feel yourself noticing the pain too much just remember 'The only opponent is within !' biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2014, 06:23 PM
Instructor
Thank you very much everyone!

Well, to start answering the main questions biggrin.gif It did hurt, a bit, but the artist which I am working with on this 'project' is a highly skilled professional and made it very bearable for me. He is pretty much the best there is around and you can check out his works here: http://www.spunker.ro/#/search/alex

We've been friends since 2004 and I have witnessed his evolution as a tattoo artist - amazing! He is also a very big fan of the Japanese culture/swordsmanship and Musashi and it was only right to do this with him, as he understands the idea as well.

About the others - there will be another one on my right shoulder up front, where this one is, 2 on the upper sides of my back and 3 along the spine.

About the true meaning - I spoke with my Sensei and he gave me the right kanji as they are in the Bushido depictions in Japan.

I will share the pictures of the following ones in May 8th and June 17th smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:38 AM