Online Practice Journal, Requesting ideas and suggestions for a new site
sporkstorms
Jun 2 2008, 03:54 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone.

I'm creating a new website that's an online practice journal, of sorts. The basic idea is that you create an account (free, of course) and use the tools on the site to keep track of your practicing and progress. I'd love to hear what others think, and get suggestions.

Here's some of the features I'm adding so far:
  • You can create your own practice routines, or use others. These are open-ended posts: you can link to something (like GMC lessons), paste in some tab, write a description just to jog your own memory, etc.
  • For each lesson/routine, you can enter in the amount of time you spent on it, or use the built-in timer to start/stop and keep track. You can also enter the BPM you were practicing at.
  • See charts and graphs showing time spent on the lessons, how your speed has progressed, etc.
  • You can also just write regular journal/blog entries.
  • When you create lessons, journal entries, etc.. you decide whether it's private or public.

Basically I realized the only way I can get through some of the more initially-mundane practicing is to hold myself accountable, and keep track of it. I figured a nice automated tool that streamlines the process would be pretty useful, and maybe others might have a similar need.

Let me know what you think. I'd definitely appreciate any ideas, suggestions, etc. And I'll be sure to post a link to it later when it's done.

- Mark

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 2 2008, 04:51 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Great idea Mark. smile.gif GMC recently started the same as well. Look toward the top right of the screen and you will see "Practice Agendas". Loggin practice will definitely help me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sporkstorms
Jun 2 2008, 07:43 PM
Wow, I hadn't even realized that. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.
- mark

+Quote Post
Lithuanian
Jun 3 2008, 07:21 AM
Ive allways wanted a practise journal similar to something like the BodyBLOG they have at www.bodybuilding.com I`ll post a link when I`ll get back home (I`m on my mobile now).

--------------------
Lithuanian

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:27 AM