3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Drum Softwares
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 23 2007, 12:29 AM
GMC Founder
I am also a great fan of EZ drummer - from what I have heard it seems to beat "Drum Kit From Hell".

Ez drummer is so "ez" and flexible. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 23 2007, 01:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 23 2007, 12:14 AM) *
I haven't used those softwares. Are it's samples/Drum sound good? I use Reason's Rythm Machine to build loops and as a sampler. I have lots of drum wav and aif samples, and I build my drum kits with that software. I use Nuendo and Reason working togheter as a Music Production tool and I feel very comfortable with it. It's very complete.

gabriel.-

I used to use same progs for recording. Now i stick to Cubase SX3. Considering samples - depends on what i need. If i need orchestra instruments than i use "Miroslav Philharmonik" - very easy to use and amazing sample quality. I still use Reason if i need bass guitar. For drums i use XLN Addictive Drums.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Nov 26 2007, 10:43 PM
GMC:er
Try Hammerhead, its a free drum machine...very simple...not real flexable but it works in a pinch.
I've also used Frootyloops and highly recommend it....very good stuff.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 27 2007, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 22 2007, 03:29 PM) *
I am also a great fan of EZ drummer - from what I have heard it seems to beat "Drum Kit From Hell".

Ez drummer is so "ez" and flexible. smile.gif

I think you've misunderstood tongue.gif , Drumkit from hell is part of EzDrummer, DFH is the expansion pack. smile.gif - although admittedly the default drum sounds on EzDrummer sound better than the equivalent kit in the DFH expansion which at times can sound a bit thin.

I use EzDrummer with DFH and whilst its cool and all It doesnt compare to a real drummer, its fiddly to find the right tempos and time signatures with drumbeats that fit for song pattern etc.

When you use it coupled with Ozone however it sounds awesome! (It also kills my pc laugh.gif ) ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 27 2007, 06:13 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 27 2007, 06:18 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 27 2007, 06:12 PM) *
When you use it coupled with Ozone however it sounds awesome! (It also kills my pc laugh.gif ) ohmy.gif

That's the scary bit - when you end up needing a new pc just to run the software sad.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 27 2007, 06:44 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 27 2007, 12:12 PM) *
I think you've misunderstood tongue.gif , Drumkit from hell is part of EzDrummer, DFH is the expansion pack. smile.gif - although admittedly the default drum sounds on EzDrummer sound better than the equivalent kit in the DFH expansion which at times can sound a bit thin.

I use EzDrummer with DFH and whilst its cool and all It doesnt compare to a real drummer, its fiddly to find the right tempos and time signatures with drumbeats that fit for song pattern etc.

Actually, I think YOU misunderstood wink.gif

DFH was a standalone product before EZD came out. They then rereleased is as an addon pack for EZD ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 27 2007, 07:42 PM
Instructor
EZDrummer is an interesting piece of software. I`ve always used it succesfully, it eats a lot of RAM, but you can make very (and i mean very) decent quality drums for songs. BUT you have to do a lot of bleeding tracks, velocity programming and producing to get that decency.

Oh, and it is great for fast pilot songs too, just drag&drop the grooves on the track. I really like that option. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Nov 27 2007, 07:43 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 27 2007, 09:27 PM
Instructor
Drumkit From Hell is also there as a stand alone drumming software which uses KONTAKT player. It's rally confusing because EZD named their expansion pack the same.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 27 2007, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 27 2007, 09:44 AM) *
Actually, I think YOU misunderstood wink.gif

DFH was a standalone product before EZD came out. They then rereleased is as an addon pack for EZD ...

Ahh, excuse my ignorance laugh.gif

I promise never to doubt the esteemed wisdom of master Kris or his Jem loving cohorts again! wink.gif cool.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 27 2007, 09:34 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Hey whats happening here....????

I think i misunderstood sad.gif

cool.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Nov 27 2007, 09:34 PM

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 27 2007, 09:49 PM
I misunderstood what Kris had understood, resulting in Andrew correcting my misunderstanding so that I understood why I misunderstood the scenario in the first place.

This illogical logic blew a hole in the space time continuum and what your experiencing now is a continued misunderstanding of what occured in the first place.

Or maybe I'm just being wide laugh.gif

wink.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 27 2007, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 27 2007, 03:49 PM) *
I misunderstood what Kris had understood, resulting in Andrew correcting my misunderstanding so that I understood why I misunderstood the scenario in the first place.

This illogical logic blew a hole in the space time continuum and what your experiencing now is a continued misunderstanding of what occured in the first place.

Exactly - good summary Owen blink.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 27 2007, 10:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 27 2007, 09:49 PM) *
space time continuum

You saw the "Back To The Future" movie wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Nov 28 2007, 12:27 AM
Instructor
any program like cake walk pro9 ,cubase. or any midi program you can built your drum track .but you must have a good knowlledge how to inter the midi data .so after that you have to convert the midi to wav and use some effects like EQ.reverb . you will have a good track .also there is a midi program its name filldrums .you have thousands of fills you can add it to your drum track . have a nice day

+Quote Post
buckjones
Dec 7 2007, 08:58 PM
Hey hey guys!!!

I purchased the Battery 3 program in a package with the M-Audio Trigger Finger at Guitar Center awhile back and unfortunately haven't had much experience with it. I can say that with a fast enough computer that can handle the program the sound quality is fantastic. The Trigger Finger has pressure sensitive pads so it sounds very authentic. Battery 3 has plenty of different drum kits to work with and if I remember it even came with the previous versions drum kits also (a total of 11 gigs of drum kits and loops). It gives you total customization of drum kits. The Trigger Finger also works as a Midi controller in my recording software (Ableton Live 5) so you can use the knobs and sliders to adjust track settings in the Live window. Not only that but Ableton Live came with it's own drum kits and the Trigger Finger works with these kits even with Battery closed.

I guess this kind of turned into a review but I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents in regards to drum loops and kits. Hope this helps!!

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 7 2007, 09:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I use Ez Drummer, Groove Agent and Addictive Drums , they work great for me!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 7 2007, 10:52 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
+1 with buckjones - Battery is great when you have a midi pad controller smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 7 2007, 10:59 PM
I have Battery - definitely need some kind of controller though ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
buckjones
Dec 7 2007, 11:04 PM
Yes - Battery does need a controller. Fortunately you can pick up a controller for relatively cheap.

After purchasing the package with Trigger Finger I started to notice how popular it was with musicians of all kinds. Watching live footage of bands and hip hop artists you'll catch a Trigger Finger on the stage biggrin.gif Thought it was pretty funny.

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 7 2007, 11:28 PM
Instructor
I use Ezdrummer with drumkit from hell expansion, and it works great for me, haven't yet needed anything else! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:06 PM