> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Llibach's Arrangement
llibach
Feb 20 2013, 01:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
.Yeah, i have more for it just wanted to give you a sense of the direction. Give me a few days to get it done and then we can polish it or develop it into a proper song smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2013, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Feb 20 2013, 12:49 PM) *
.Yeah, i have more for it just wanted to give you a sense of the direction. Give me a few days to get it done and then we can polish it or develop it into a proper song smile.gif

The pleasure is all mine smile.gif Looking forward to it wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
llibach
Mar 6 2013, 12:06 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey mate, how you doing? Just wanted to let you know I ain't deserted just been a little busy and been working a lot on trying to lay something worthwhile but I should have something done by the weekend wink.gif Then maybe you can give me some hints on whether it's shit or not laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2013, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Sure thing man, just post it here and we'll take care of it wink.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Mar 13 2013, 12:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin. Sorry for the delay mate. So here it is, there's a few things that need to be done getting the guitars tighter and be more creative with the drumming maybe but at least I managed to get the bare bones and structure down. I was hoping for a longer solo at the end and for it to fade away but my mastering powers aren't quite there yet laugh.gif
So tell me what you think and where you think i need to improve on it.
https://soundcloud.com/llibach/flood-plain-drum

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 13 2013, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate! I think this is easier than typing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Mar 13 2013, 11:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey mate thanks for the input. wink.gif Having listened again with a super critical ear I know what you mean about some passages repeating too much. There's definitely one passage in the middle that needs to go also I think bringing the outro solo in sooner will be better give it more room to develop. I got to say though that when it comes to song length though I'm into a lot of stuff like Neurosis, Isis, Pelican, AmenRa, Capricorns who have a lot of long songs, so I guess thats one point well have to disagree on tongue.gif Having said that though I do realise that if it does break the 5 min barrier it needs to be more interesting in some way.
As for a vocal line I don't have anything yet but the more I listen to it I'm getting ideas.
I have to get a mic to practice will a SM58 do for recording or is that primarily a live mic?
And another down side the bass I was borrowing has been sold so I'll have to buy one now mad.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 14 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Gotcha smile.gif

Man, you can use the SM58 out of what I know, but indeed it is primarily a live mic. When I recorded the vocals on the Days Of Confusion EP, we used this one - Shure SM7 -> http://ezinearticles.com/?Shure-S7-Dynamic...&id=3538012

Looking forward to hear vocal ideas biggrin.gif Do you also sing, man?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
llibach
Mar 31 2013, 09:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin how you doing? Sorry for the delay mate but as I mentioned I lost the bass I was using but I've bought a new one so I should be good to start recording again when it arrives wink.gif. To answer your question yeah I do sing but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of being a vocalist I kind of got forced into it because we couldn't find a singer about a year ago so me and the drummer share the duties. But I am getting used to it slowly and starting to put lyrics and vocal lines together.
We're basically doing covers at the moment with a few of our own songs in the pipe line. Check us out here if you want
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tombstone-Ki...=ts&fref=ts
I'm looking into getting a SM 57 too in a few weeks once I get some cash in so I think we'll leave this song till then and I'll post something else for us to work on.

This post has been edited by llibach: Mar 31 2013, 09:46 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2013, 08:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Mar 31 2013, 08:44 PM) *
Hey Cosmin how you doing? Sorry for the delay mate but as I mentioned I lost the bass I was using but I've bought a new one so I should be good to start recording again when it arrives wink.gif. To answer your question yeah I do sing but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of being a vocalist I kind of got forced into it because we couldn't find a singer about a year ago so me and the drummer share the duties. But I am getting used to it slowly and starting to put lyrics and vocal lines together.
We're basically doing covers at the moment with a few of our own songs in the pipe line. Check us out here if you want
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tombstone-Ki...=ts&fref=ts
I'm looking into getting a SM 57 too in a few weeks once I get some cash in so I think we'll leave this song till then and I'll post something else for us to work on.

Wow! We share the same story man! biggrin.gif You know, I became a vocalist in Days of Confusion, simply because we couldn't find anyone fitting for the spot, so I decided it was time I picked things up and saved the day laugh.gif

Let me know when you get the mic smile.gif Mate, I'd love to hear your band's original songs!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 1 2013, 08:04 AM

+Quote Post
llibach
May 12 2013, 10:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin how you doin mate? Sorry I ain't been here for a while but got a gig in a couple of weeks that our other guitarist can't do so we decided to do it as a three piece, ok for the drummer and bassist but I had a load of new solos and songs to try and sort out.
I'm back now though got a new song for you to listen to and give your thoughts on just want to finish it off so should be done this week.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ May 12 2013, 09:48 PM) *
Hey Cosmin how you doin mate? Sorry I ain't been here for a while but got a gig in a couple of weeks that our other guitarist can't do so we decided to do it as a three piece, ok for the drummer and bassist but I had a load of new solos and songs to try and sort out.
I'm back now though got a new song for you to listen to and give your thoughts on just want to finish it off so should be done this week.

Uh-oh, sounds like a real heavy duty gig this one. Well, hopefully, you will have enough time to be able to deal with the pressure. It's all there is to it mate wink.gif Once you get over the whole pressure thing and you are able to focus on what you have to learn, things should go smooth. Please go ahead and post here once you got the recording ready and I'll see what I can suggest smile.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
May 14 2013, 11:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here it is then. I tried to make it more direct and not as long as the last one even though i did almost strech out the quiet bridge part laugh.gif but kept it in check. I think this is more suited as a instrumental, when I listen to it I can't imagine it with a vocal line, what do you reckon?
I'd really like your suggestions on cleaning up the mix though as I still think it's a bit messy and needs tightening up whether this is just being tighter playing or getting the eq and setting better I'm not sure, it's in drop A sharp ( I got no sharp symbol on my keypad for some reason) and I guess your the master of drop tuning around these parts.
So what do ya think?
https://soundcloud.com/llibach/hawkeye-1

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2013, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Great ideas in here! I think this has a good potential to become a very good song with vocals added, for certain.

In my opinion, the tone could be a bit more present and punchy in the riff parts - maybe a little more gain, but the main ingredient lies in your hands - it should be played with more conviction and attack. The rest of the tone is sweet just as it is! I see this tune as something between Staind and Creed smile.gif Now, the most important aspect that needs your attention is the playing. You have hesitations and places where it should be a lot tighter and in synch with the drums.

Otherwise, I'd cut away the part from 03:17 to 03:32 - indeed, it stretches out a bit too long and the should be more up front in the mix and played with more expression.

Try to re-record having my suggestions in mind smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:19 PM