My Strat Mods
Phil66
Jun 21 2016, 08:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

Ok, I just couldn't get along with the position of the volume knob on my Strat so I've had it re-positioned. I also wasn't keen on the feel of the bent steel saddles so have had some Graphtech ones fitted while the vol knob was being sorted. I don't know about tonal changes yet as I can't get to my luthier until Friday.

£20 for doing the jobs including a full setup. I'll give him more though, I supplied the scratch plate and saddles. Top bloke, top work. Check him HERE out if you're ever in this neck of the woods wink.gif

Pics smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 21 2016, 10:08 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
yoncopin
Jun 21 2016, 09:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Looks killer, I love the white with black pickguard, one of my favorite combos. I had the same issue with the saddles. I also found my hand was getting roughed up resting on the saddle screws. I got shorter ones that sit lower so I don't feel them anymore and cut some maple blocks to hardtail mine with the bridge flush.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 21 2016, 09:29 PM
Thanks Brian,

The pick guard is three ply black white black like the original. It does look sweet smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 22 2016, 02:09 PM
GMC:er
I agree the price is very good and the lik has a few interesting guitars smile.gif

Graphtech is a really cool company, I hope you'll like them smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 22 2016, 02:49 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Nice looking guitar! Yes, the volume knob position can be a nuisance at times. I like the look of the chrome/black combo with the humbucker. What brand strat is this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 22 2016, 03:56 PM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 22 2016, 02:49 PM) *
Nice looking guitar! Yes, the volume knob position can be a nuisance at times. I like the look of the chrome/black combo with the humbucker. What brand strat is this?

Thanks buddy,

It's a Fender MIM HSH. See HERE wink.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 22 2016, 05:08 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 22 2016, 02:56 PM) *
Thanks buddy,

It's a Fender MIM HSH. See HERE wink.gif

Phil

Cool, thanks for the link.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:08 AM