> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Ballad soloing - dynamics and phrasing, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 26 2015, 02:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: Ballad soloing - dynamics and phrasing by Darius Wave

Hi guys, Darek's team prepared a new lesson for you :) It's one of my favorite lessons and was a real pleasure to work on it. I tried to show the main idea from this lesson:” the magic comes from details” ;) Darek, Tuesday we have two years since we working together without any week of pause. Thank you because you are such a brilliant instructor and I promise you to do my best and show how far can reach our team :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 26 2015, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Excellent work Monica. I don't need to post a detailed feedback here since we've been working on this lesson together for quite some time smile.gif It's damn hot out there so I know some of those tiny timming issues mighht be caused by that but I heard a lot of takes feel that my grade is well deserved smile.gif A lot of details discusses and exectued in this lesson. A lot of improvement in vibrato, bending and dynamics range in your playing! Great job Monica!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2015, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Monica!

Congrats on the great job that you are doing with Darius. It's awesome to see how much your playing has evolved in the last 2 years. I still remember your first videos here and the thing that I enjoy more is how much feeling has been added into your playing.

I've said before that this lesson is fantastic and that Darius playing is so inspiring and full of amazing expressing details and you are getting most of them. Your groove is top level and your vibrato sounds natural and connected to the track.

Two things that I think still have room to improvements are dynamics and tone. I think that you manage soft phrases really good but that I feel that you could pick some notes stronger to give a different intention to some phrases.

Your tone is not bad but I feel that it could be cleaner and have a bit less effect to make it more present in the mix. This is off course a subjective comment but I wanted to share it with you.

Ok friend, congrat again and keep on the great job! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 3 2015, 09:21 AM
Instructor
How did I miss this?? I can only assume with the occasional site downtime and stuff, it must have been lost to me somehow - sorry Monica! sad.gif

Wow, what a great take of a great lesson. That is a lot of stuff to absorb but you present it brilliantly. As the guys have said, your feel really shines through. I actually thought that the volume knob bends at 1:16 might be a problem but no - not at all! wink.gif

There's a just a few issues of timing in a few places, which my comrades have already mentioned..

The other thing is hand coordination on the quick runs, for example at 1:13. This can be tighter yet.

Vibrato is very tasteful but there are a few places where some notes don't have any and I feel it needs it, like at 1:13 again, just before you go into that fast bit. It will just help these lines feel more lively.

Overall, an excellent job - you truly are a hard worker and very dedicated, we salute you!

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 4 2015, 11:32 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:13 AM