> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Gitarrero's Guitar And Bass Training Ground
Gitarrero
Mar 16 2013, 11:53 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha, thanks C-Maestro!

I do...am doing re-recordings of a few songs now. So stay tuned, more will come your way today!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2013, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Awesome mate! Let me know biggrin.gif What bands have you covered so far?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 16 2013, 02:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 16 2013, 01:46 PM) *
Awesome mate! Let me know biggrin.gif What bands have you covered so far?

The usual suspects (in my case): Rise Against, Green Day, Bad Religion, Sum 41 but also a few lesser know bands and artists. Colin Hay has some great acoustic pieces.

I am uploading stuff at the moment, but here are the first four:

Left and Leaving is a beautiful song by The Weakerthans, it is somewhat high but this is pretty much the range where I feel most confident:

My Immortal by Evanescence...I did this one since a friend of mine requested it for like 6 months now. I don't think it's bad, but I like most of my other recordings better.

Good Riddance by Green Day, obviously biggrin.gif

And a german song, I'll post it anyway. The band is called Revolverheld (Gunslinger) and are pretty much known for their rock ballads. I like to sing this song since it switches between moderate and powerful singing. This was actually the first acoustic recording I ever did smile.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 16 2013, 04:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
And two more...

Pieces by Sum 41, one of my favourite songs:

And a great song by Colin Hay...he has some weird singing sometimes, so I pretty much stripped this song down for me biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 17 2013, 01:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I did a new recording of My Immortal this morning, this key worked better for me.

Looking forward to your feedback!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Awesome bunch! biggrin.gif Sorry for not answering faster, but I wanted to listen to them all before writing you back.

I have a little bit more to work on my version of 3 Lybras by A perfect circle and I will post it here for your attention smile.gif biggrin.gif

The overall impression is that you have a very nice voice, but you need to work on becoming more expressive, so the devil is in the details mate biggrin.gif Analyze the styles of the vocalists you are emulating - what do they accentuate, where are they singing more aggressive or soft? That sort of stuff smile.gif

Post MORE biggrin.gif I am very happy to share my experiences with someone who is on the same journey as myself at this point smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 08:54 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Got something for ya biggrin.gif

Not the best sound, unfortunately, but I'll take care of that when I upload the next version wink.gif Stay tuned amigo!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Mar 17 2013, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 20 2013, 09:23 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Cosmin!

And sorry for the late reply biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot for the video, I really appreciate it and it's cool to have someone who is on the same journey as I am!

I don't have any new recordings yet, I have a few songs in mind but am still having difficulty singing them. I'd say one thing we both have in common is that we prefer the middle to high singing range, actually you sing pretty high in this video (which is still giving me trouble). I am having a hard time when a song starts out low and then I have to switch to a higher voice in the chorus. I usually start out to high and simply don't have a chance to reach the high notes in the chorus. So right now I am playing the songs I wanna learn in different keys, which helps in some cases.So most of the times I play it safe and sing with little expression so I can stay in tune. It's probably a lack of trust in my own voice biggrin.gif I mean there are songs that I sing with confidence and where I actually dare to sing louder (or more powerful), but that only happens with a few songs.
So my main goal now is to find like 10 songs that I can focus on and make them sound perfect.
As for singing and playing guitar, I have a hard time focusing on guitar playing when I sing. Strumming chords is ok, but everything else is impossible at this moment. I think you did an awesome job in your video!
I'll be away for the weekend, but I'll work on more songs and post more videos soon.
I actually hava a few more german songs in my arsenal, would you be interested in hearing them as well?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 09:59 PM
Instructor
Hey amigo biggrin.gif

Sure, you can post them as well, but since I have no clue on German, I won't be able to guide you with some stuff that I have in mind smile.gif

But post them anyway biggrin.gif Now, I was not warmed up when I shot that smile.gif I can do a much better job and I will prove it! biggrin.gif

Keep me posted and I will do the same - the ending of 3 Lybras is nasty as hell - high pitch and weird phrasing

Cosmin

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Apr 6 2013, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 16 2013, 10:35 AM) *
Ok...we all knew this moment would come, ever since I bought an acoustic guitar.

My first vocal cover!

I've done quite a few these past weeks, now it's time to get some feedback.

Let's start with a song by Rise Against called Swing Life Away.

Wow Christian, Just wanted to say how awesome this cover is !
Nice !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2013, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Ain't our Guitarrero something? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 7 2013, 07:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha, thanks Marc (and Cosmin)!

My holidays are over...this means more covers are coming your way really soon.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 8 2013, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Mr. Christian! In your world, does holiday mean a holiday from the guitar as well? sad.gif biggrin.gif Kidding, but I am curious smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 8 2013, 10:34 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
In my world, holiday means travelling, visiting friends and family, taking my guitar with me but leaving the recording gear at home biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2013, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Ohhh, I get it, I get it biggrin.gif Well then, I have worked on my acoustic list which grew terribly big - about 35 songs laugh.gif Well, frankly speaking I can play about 5 of them both guitar and vox and I still need to work on orchestrations, but I'll be slowly getting there smile.gif

The plan is to be able to gig by myself when not gigging with Days of Confusion and hold an acoustic gig which lasts at least one hour and a half. That's about 20 songs. And have guests biggrin.gif I want to build up a show that keeps people guessing at every song - offering them an experience! But there's a lot to work on up to that point..

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 9 2013, 09:02 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
sounds like a great plan!
I'll have to check your list to find some more songs for me...could you post it?
I recorded 3 more covers yesterday but have to edit the videos, so they'll be up tonight smile.gif
I am still having trouble concentrating on picking or even strumming patterns when I sing, but I'll get there. Stay tuned!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2013, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hey amigo! It means I'll have something to listen to when I get back home from sword practice smile.gif

I attached my list here - something you like?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Cosmin_s_Acoustic_Repertory.pdf ( 8.88K ) Number of downloads: 187

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 9 2013, 07:16 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Nice list, and a few of these songs are on my list as well.

I discovered Whiskey lullaby thanks to you like a year ago...and guess what...it's among today's uploads!

I'd be really interested in your acoustic versions of the DOC songs... wink.gif

And I've got a question: do you play all these songs in their original key, or do you change it so it fits your voice better? Cause I do the first and I guess I should do the latter...

Anyways, here are 3 more acoustic covers from ze german!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2013, 09:07 AM
Instructor
Hey brother!

Good job! I definitely see a pattern that leads to a favorite style of yours, in what regards tackling these covers wink.gif

My advice:

- change the keys so that they may suit your voice biggrin.gif You'll have a wonderful surprise when you'll discover the possibilities.
- work on interpretation - you are in pitch most of the times, but you lack color and that's one of the most important things in singing!
- DON"T STOP! It's what will make you progress and discover your voice smile.gif
- explore more rhythm patterns and picking patterns suited for each style - 'Whiskey Lullaby' would sound better with some picked pattern smile.gif I will show you in a movie, once I start working on it.

For instance, on the Prince song, I took a very different approach ->

I still have a long way to go, but I am discovering things and that feels INCREDIBLY GREAT!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 11 2013, 05:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin,

thanks for the feedback! I'm curious, what kind of pattern in my favourite songs do you see? biggrin.gif

Awesome Prince video...I'll have to try stuff like this, although it is obviously pretty difficult.

This weekend I'll revisit some of the songs I uploaded and play them in different keys, so I can sing them a little higher...I have the feeling that I have more color in my voice when I get out of the lower ranges.

So stay tuned for some more vocal madness from ze german!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:24 AM