> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Intemperatecontrol - Stevie Ray Vaughan Inspired, Original lesson by my friend "Jonathan Burgos"
Grade
intemperateControl - Stevie Ray Vaughan Inspired
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

intemperateContr...
Nov 2 2009, 11:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original Lesson By : Jonathan Burgos
Name of Lesson : Stevie Ray Vaughan Inspired
Lesson URL : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Stevie...pired_Phrasing/

Comments : After Four days with the flu now, the time has exceeded 2:00 am as I begin recording
this - my girlfriend has the same flu I have and is now about to be released from the hospital after
6 days in - I visit her every day. Looking horrible I see after viewing the take, but still feeling much
better now - no excuses seeing coffee is my only vise this day. I decided to try and implement some
of the advise I been given by some of you well renowned instructors, about producing more vibrato
and sustain in my notes - especially with the bluesy stuff. This seemed like a great place to start. I
couldn't get my tone to sound as well as Jonathan's, and the sound is not near as good as his, but so
far this is realistically the way I play it. Maybe I just need to play it a few dozen more times for the
perfect take - there always seems to be some minor variations in my playing and timing no matter
how many takes I do though. But, since I'm not creating an album here, any and all advise is welcome.
I look up to you all, and equally ask you to judge my playing to the degree that it will contribute to my
improvement - good or bad. Thanks, dudes...

My Gear

Guitar: Michael Kelly HEX XT w/ Rockfield Mafia Pickups
Amp: Marshall MG 15CDR Series Amp
Computer: Dell Latitude Laptop
Backing Output: Polk Audio PC Speakers
Video: Canon A590 Power-Shot Camera
Software used: Windows Movie Maker
Effects: V-AMP 4 adjustable tones

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Nov 9 2009, 05:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 3 2009, 06:02 AM
GMC:er
Although it seems to be perfectly played, I think the quality is confusing your playing because sometimes, it doesn't ends to be clear. Try to record it with a better quality, using s DAW program or something like that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 4 2009, 02:23 AM
Instructor
Very good! I watched the original lesson and compared and there are quite few places where you didn't play like it was in the lesson. Gutiar was a bit out of tune on this one, and vibrato needs more control. Try to make the sound a bit better as well. Everything else was quite good.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 6 2009, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
*bump*

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 9 2009, 01:12 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Good take, but definitely try to improve your sound for your next recording and make sure your guitar is in tune, I agree that some part sound out of tune.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 9 2009, 05:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.0 on this one man

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:36 AM