Classic Guitar Chord Progressions
The Professor
Aug 14 2013, 12:15 PM
Theory Instructor
Common Chord Progressions for Guitar

When learning how to build common chords and play these shapes on the guitar, it is important to also study these chords in a practical, musical context.

To help out with learning how to analyze, recognize and play these common and important chord progressions, I’ve put together a series of lessons that dig deep into some of the most popular progression in modern music.

Each lesson breaks down the “why” behind these chords progressions, as well as looks into famous songs that use these chords, and provide exercises into taking these ideas from the page onto the fretboard in the practice room.

If you want to brush up on your guitar chord chops, check out my related series of articles, “How to Build and Play Guitar Chords.”

Common Chord Progression Lessons

1. The I IV V Chord Progression for Guitar
2. The I vi IV V Chord Progression for Guitar
3. The I IV V Blues Progression
4. The Minor Blues Chord Progression
5. The I vi IV V Chord Progression
6. The ii V I Chord Progression

Do you have any questions about these lessons, or suggestions for future topics? Post your thoughts in the comments thread below.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Professor: Aug 28 2013, 10:21 AM

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:45 AM