3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
New Competition : Wiki Writers
ZakkWylde
May 15 2008, 04:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'll do my best to prove that I didn't get that Wiki:er badge for nothing.

Oh and what about misspellings? Do they count into the rating?

----Just to make sure I do not take someone elses Idea away: I am planning a Wiki on Les Paul (The Guy^^)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: May 15 2008, 04:55 PM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 15 2008, 04:55 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ May 15 2008, 11:51 AM) *
I'll do my best to prove that I didn't get that Wiki:er badge for nothing.

Oh and what about misspellings? Do they count into the rating?

Just use a spellchecker smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 15 2008, 04:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 15 2008, 04:55 PM) *
Just use a spellchecker smile.gif

Andrew are you only reviewing entries at the end or giving us feedback throughout and marks so we can make our next articles better smile.gif

I posted my first one and I think I used correct template and put it in right area smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 15 2008, 04:58 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Canis @ May 15 2008, 03:48 PM) *
(By the way, I thought we had to write 5 articles to get a badge, not 3 as stated in the first post?)

That's right - we will edit that!

QUOTE (Canis @ May 15 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Do the two articles I've allready written in the last two days count? =)
I got a load of bands and stuff to write about yet, so I'll be taking part ^^

No they don't count! I am looking forward to your band articles! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
May 15 2008, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Cool Competion i will try and make some articles on some bands and other stuff

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 15 2008, 05:34 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 15 2008, 11:58 AM) *
That's right - we will edit that!

Done smile.gif

Check out the leaderboard, we have our first score allready!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 15 2008, 05:55 PM
Hopefully it is a quick kick start. Hopefully we get some great articles from this comp.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
axelsson
May 15 2008, 06:03 PM
aaaaaaaah!!!!!!! Just a warning to other wiki writers......I had written about half my article about Paul Gilbert when I saved the page and then left the edit page open while I went out running for an hour...then when I came back in it was all gone, back to the template state with that weird text :/

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 15 2008, 06:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (axelsson @ May 15 2008, 05:03 PM) *
aaaaaaaah!!!!!!! Just a warning to other wiki writers......I had written about half my article about Paul Gilbert when I saved the page and then left the edit page open while I went out running for an hour...then when I came back in it was all gone, back to the template state with that weird text :/

No worries - I think we still have the text for you! smile.gif Just a second

I am not completely sure what you wrote - but if you click "recent changes" in the bottom of the wiki, then click your article, then click "History" in the header menu. You can then see a bunch of different versions of your article - hopefully you can restore ... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
axelsson
May 15 2008, 06:29 PM
Nope, couldn't restore it :/ Seems like the version when I had written wasn't saved somehow...only the very first version when I had the correct picture and headline were. Well, thnx anyway smile.gif I suppose this wont happen to anyone else then since I must have done something wrong..

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 15 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (axelsson @ May 15 2008, 05:29 PM) *
Nope, couldn't restore it :/ Seems like the version when I had written wasn't saved somehow...only the very first version when I had the correct picture and headline were. Well, thnx anyway smile.gif I suppose this wont happen to anyone else then since I must have done something wrong..

Ah! sad.gif

Hopefully this should remind others to save often! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
axelsson
May 15 2008, 06:34 PM
yeah, hopefully smile.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 15 2008, 07:39 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome contest smile.gif
And awesome prizes!!! blink.gif

Good luck to everyone, can't wait for the articles smile.gif

I'm not sure I'll be participating though, I'm busy working on my website, writing songs, the new job is taking a bit of time and I have big plans for my "practice agenda" which I will spend quite a bit of time on smile.gif

I will however write for the wiki as well, when I get the chance, but not in a competition mode where all I do is wikiwriting biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 15 2008, 09:09 PM
Instructor
Those prizes are funtastic! smile.gif What can I say guys - just brilliant!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
May 15 2008, 09:28 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome, just awesome! You guys read my mind smile.gif

I've been thinking lately of a few wikis I wanted to write and maybe obtain a cool wiki:writer badge, and now this competition arrives full of awesome prizes.

Count me in wink.gif, as a matter of fact I have already written my first article, a gear wiki about the pocketpod! wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 15 2008, 10:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Good luck everyone ! Those prizes are more than awesome!! I don't know which one is better smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gus
May 16 2008, 02:40 AM
Really nice prizes. Now I understood why you said why this time it has to be even more visible who is winning

When I deliver my thesis, I guess I will keep writing. Just a topic change tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: May 16 2008, 02:54 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
steve25
May 16 2008, 11:02 PM
Game on guys! We've already had a few submitted now so it's definitaly on tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 20 2008, 08:11 PM
what a great contest to kick off coming back to gmc smile.gif im currently working on an article on Krank Amplification / one on dean guitars smile.gif ill submit in a few days.. do old articles count? can they be resubmitted for the contest?

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 20 2008, 08:53 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ May 20 2008, 08:11 PM) *
what a great contest to kick off coming back to gmc smile.gif im currently working on an article on Krank Amplification / one on dean guitars smile.gif ill submit in a few days.. do old articles count? can they be resubmitted for the contest?

As I said in the other thread. I believe old articles before comp date don't count and if you upgrade them you will get the points difference from before the competition. So if you created an article worth a 2 before comp started and changed it to add more detail to a 5 article you'd get 3 marks rather than 5.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 PM