> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >  
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 11:14 AM
Instructor
That sounds like good news man - regarding the proportions between the exams smile.gif

Now, I say:

- why not try some articulation drills such as these in this lesson - they are a bit funky as I know you like funky music smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/String-Bending/

And in the mean time - can you tell me what the guitar exam consists of?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 7 2013, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
biggrin.gif Actually we had the same idea, started to work on that lesson yesterday.

I'v been wanting to call them for more information regarding the guitar exam, right now i don't have much.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 8 2013, 10:41 PM
Instructor
Awesomeness biggrin.gif Well, it means that you have already started it right? How's it going with the lesson? When you have the details tell me, as I want to help you with that exam, as much as I can smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 22 2013, 12:01 AM
Well my bends are all flat.
There's actually something that you can help me in, i will give u the details later ._. i'v catched the cold, my head is meh meh so really don't feel like staring at the laptop's screen.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 22 2013, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Flat bends eh? I got a little drill for ya smile.gif Comin up in a video wink.gif Here ya go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 24 2013, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 29 2013, 08:13 AM
Yo Cosmin, how have you been.
My internet has been really crappy these last few months, really can't access it that much, but that's not what i am here for tongue.gif

I don't know if you are fan of mangas, or if you even have time, but i'v found this one manga (you might even know it tongue.gif) i think you might enjoy it.

http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=656 <----Synopsis

http://www.mangareader.net/100/vagabond.html <-- the actual manga.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2013, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Hey maan! biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing this!! So, Musashi's a comic book character now, eh? biggrin.gif

Tell me how's playing and your musical activity in general?

Cosmin

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 29 2013, 07:13 AM) *
Yo Cosmin, how have you been.
My internet has been really crappy these last few months, really can't access it that much, but that's not what i am here for tongue.gif

I don't know if you are fan of mangas, or if you even have time, but i'v found this one manga (you might even know it tongue.gif) i think you might enjoy it.

http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=656 <----Synopsis

http://www.mangareader.net/100/vagabond.html <-- the actual manga.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 29 2013, 03:51 PM
biggrin.gif he has been since 99's on dat comic, and trust me the art style of that manga is just beautiful!

Well...ups and downs. i have been sick the whole september, couldn't eat whatsoever and what i could i would just throw it up.
Then i followd up with a nasty nasty cold on Oct..so yah biggrin.gif.

I am now more or less back into the game.

I have started an originals project with some folks (we have a "meeting" tomorrow"), still working on my guitar mechanics,
My main concern now is reading rhythm of a sheet, believe me or not, but i found it surprisingly tough biggrin.gif

Yeh, i 'v just been hanging around stuff.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Nov 29 2013, 03:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2013, 07:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 29 2013, 02:51 PM) *
biggrin.gif he has been since 99's on dat comic, and trust me the art style of that manga is just beautiful!

Well...ups and downs. i have been sick the whole september, couldn't eat whatsoever and what i could i would just throw it up.
Then i followd up with a nasty nasty cold on Oct..so yah biggrin.gif.

I am now more or less back into the game.

I have started an originals project with some folks (we have a "meeting" tomorrow"), still working on my guitar mechanics,
My main concern now is reading rhythm of a sheet, believe me or not, but i found it surprisingly tough biggrin.gif

Yeh, i 'v just been hanging around stuff.

Heh biggrin.gif Reading rhythm eh? I totally recommend Ross Bolton's Funk book - all the rhythms in there are totally awesome and you can exercise on them wink.gif Stay safe man and write more often smile.gif I want to see more recordings from you - out of what I remember you started the funk stuff some time ago and preparing for the music school as well - how are these going?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 30 2013, 07:54 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 30 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Heh biggrin.gif Reading rhythm eh? I totally recommend Ross Bolton's Funk book - all the rhythms in there are totally awesome and you can exercise on them wink.gif Stay safe man and write more often smile.gif I want to see more recordings from you - out of what I remember you started the funk stuff some time ago and preparing for the music school as well - how are these going?

Cosmin

ohmy.gif i was actually just staring at that book yesterday and wondering if i should resume my funk studies, if i recall we werent dwelling around the swing. i will try another video on swing.

Well regarding the music school i have 2 objectives right now;
-Picking a random note and be able to sing for exemple a major 3 up or down from it, a perfect 5 so on and so on....(my voice is really really really really bad....and i am kinda self conscious about it, which doesn't help biggrin.gif)
-And Reading the Rhythm.

Still need toons and toons of practice, but i am slowly getting there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 3 2013, 06:24 PM
Aight, let's resume the swing practice.

https://soundcloud.com/monkeydathos/scratching-the-feel-1-attemp

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2013, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice playing on that take. Your groove and feel are very good and for any reason you made me remember to a cool video that I found yesterday where Aaron Dugan (Matisyahy guitarist) shares some of his playing.

I find this video very inspiring.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 12 2013, 06:03 PM
Hey Gab, thanks for the share biggrin.gif i love dat first rhythm section. Gotto explore some of those ideas.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 16 2013, 06:35 PM
Here's some more noodling. I wasn't using a metronome at the time, just throwing stuff at the guitar rig looper.

I started with the normal Straight Feel then tried to swing it and return back to the straight feel.

https://soundcloud.com/monkeydathos/noodling-funk-rhythm-practice

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2013, 12:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 16 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Here's some more noodling. I wasn't using a metronome at the time, just throwing stuff at the guitar rig looper.

I started with the normal Straight Feel then tried to swing it and return back to the straight feel.

https://soundcloud.com/monkeydathos/noodling-funk-rhythm-practice

Hey man! I am back! Thanks to Gabe for helping out while I was away! But damn, dude, your tone and playing are much, much better than before! Can you show me some more? biggrin.gif I think you made a lot of progress!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 17 2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome back biggrin.gif, how was the vacation?.

Well, yeh i'v kinda managed to make the m-audio and guitar rig 5 work out without the "sounds glitchs" ,just had to change from 48 samples to 44.1 tongue.gif. My main problem so far is the lantecy, it's not that bad it's actually pretty ok, not perfect though. It's probably less than 1/4 of a sec, it's like a really really really fast delay, but recording like a video it's meh it gets out of sync.
Which really sucks cuz i am looking foward to try a rec take on one of Ben's lessons.

Hm, what do you wish for me to record next? usually those records come from noodling around with random settings on guitar rig biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 17 2013, 03:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 18 2013, 09:39 AM
Instructor
Hmmmm, I think there must be a setting which totally eliminates the latency, or it can be set to a degree in which it is almost imperceptible smile.gif

Now, about recording - why not try a funk lesson here at GMC - this one maybe? [url="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Rhythm-Swing-Feel/"]https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Rhythm-Swing-Feel/[/url

About the vacation, well, I will most likely make a big post in the Chillout room after receiving all the pics tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 18 2013, 09:39 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 18 2013, 08:01 PM
Yes i guess i can "open" the m-audio and change the latency. Thing is ...my pc ain't that great, which means: Less Latency = More "Glitches".

I'll try and figure out something.

Regarding the lesson, i'v the chords down already let me just spend a few internalizing the rhythm and soon as i have it, i will post something here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 19 2013, 09:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 18 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Yes i guess i can "open" the m-audio and change the latency. Thing is ...my pc ain't that great, which means: Less Latency = More "Glitches".

I'll try and figure out something.

Regarding the lesson, i'v the chords down already let me just spend a few internalizing the rhythm and soon as i have it, i will post something here.

I know what you mean mate - that was what I was referring to myself smile.gif Lowering the latency to the point where the PC still runs ok - a maximum in respect to this.

Alright, internalize the groove and be tight with it and let's see what you have biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 14 2014, 03:46 PM
]Hello, sorry the low activity, but my sleep has been a mess for the 10000000 time. this time though i was just on zombie mode for the past 2 weeks.

I'v been working on two lessons and mapping chords on fretboard.

The one you assigned me to (On this lesson -> Video 4, how do i deal with those first ghost notes, do i just approach them as i would with intervals, just keeping the rhythm on my picking hand flowing without touching the strings?) and also this one https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Thrash-Like-Mustaine/ which i am around 130bpm. My picking hand starts to tense up and i just end up losing the "stability" (Video 2)...yep still need more work before trying to go for a full clean try at 150bpm.

Meanwhile i have a jam with that drummer fellow that i'v mentioned previous posts ago tongue.gif

Edit: DUUDEEEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgrGGCt8y4 4:06 wut dark magic is that ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jan 14 2014, 03:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:34 AM