New Pedals Advice Please
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 01:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys iam looking to buy some new pedals a new distortion pedal a chorus pedal and a compresser pedal but there are so many conflicting views on the pedals i have chossen my head is spining here is what i have shortlisted

Distortion pedal

Digitech DF-7
Line 6 DM-4
Boss Ds-2
jekell&Hyde
MXR ZW-44 Wylde Overdrive

Chorus Pedal

EH Small Clone
Digitech Cf-7

Compresser Pedal

Beringer cs-100
DigiTech Main Squezze
Boss CS-3

Please put forward any suggestions that i might have missed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bondy: Oct 13 2007, 02:49 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 13 2007, 02:11 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Moving to Gear Forum (this is not a review)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 13 2007, 02:18 AM
Instructor
Personally i would go for all-digitech pedals. I have Digitech Digidelay and DF-7 and they work perfect.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 02:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Sorry andrew thought i posted it in the gear forum

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 13 2007, 02:27 AM
No problem, just keeping things tidy smile.gif

If you are prepared to spend a little extra for higher quality, check out Robert Keeley's website - he takes standard pedals and modifies them to sound better, and he has his own. The Keeley compressor is one of the best you can get, but its pricey.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 13 2007, 02:29 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 02:45 AM
Learning Roadie
what u reckon about this one andrew great price only a couple of hours left to
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Robert-Keeley-Modifi...1QQcmdZViewItem
Silly Question Just noticed u got one yourself will take it as red there good

This post has been edited by Bondy: Oct 13 2007, 03:03 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 13 2007, 03:12 AM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Oct 12 2007, 09:45 PM) *

Yep - looks good if you can get it for a decent price!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 13 2007, 05:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Bondy @ Oct 13 2007, 02:45 AM) *

I have one of these, its awsome - £100 new so if you can get it cheaper on ebay then great.

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 13 2007, 08:13 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Again as with Andrew and Matt,
Bob Keeley's pedals and mods are great - if you can get this for a good price it would be a great buy.
Bob and the guys at Keeley are also in my experience really nice and friendly so I'm sure would try to answer and help you whether you buy new or off Ebay. I wouldn't say that about a lot of companies.

If you go for it - go luck and get it for a good price.

Cheers,
Tony

ps - other pedals - chorus - I'd also look at Boss.
Compressor - think about what you want from a compressor before you decide to buy one.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Damm missied ou on that keeley boss by £1 pound wounded

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 03:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the advice tony i mainly need the the compression pedal to add more sustain to my playing

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 13 2007, 03:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
Wow that DS1-Ultra went for just over half the new price, someone got a bargain!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Just looking on the keeley website matt and it works out £78 inc delivery might just buy one new

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 13 2007, 04:00 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Bondy @ Oct 13 2007, 03:57 PM) *
Just looking on the keeley website matt and it works out £78 inc delivery might just buy one new

Hi there smile.gif
I have looked for you on the UK site http://www.robertkeeley.co.uk/distort_ds1ultra.htm
Still says £99 inc free P&P, but if you can get it cheaper then great !! biggrin.gif You wont be disapointed with this low noise responsive pedal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 13 2007, 04:02 PM
Learning Roadie
dude iam looking on the american website
Thats stupid its cheaper to buy from america inc shipping great exchange rate at the moment

This post has been edited by Bondy: Oct 13 2007, 04:06 PM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 13 2007, 04:07 PM
Lets go fishing!
Sounds like a much better deal, i know everything is much cheaper in the U.S sad.gif I just paid £135 for my new TS9/808 Mod Plus unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
javari
Oct 13 2007, 04:47 PM
GMC:er
I ordered a TS808 and a DS-1 from the US site.
Since the dollar is pretty cheap against the euro it is a good deal.

However, maybe I have to pay import tax sad.gif , in that case it is probably cheaper to buy from the UK site if you are in Europe.
(I think you don't have to pay import tax within the EU???)

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 13 2007, 05:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
That is a good point, i had to pay a small fortune on tax when buying a DVD from the USA! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 14 2007, 01:59 AM
GMC:er
You can avoice paying import tax if the item is sent as a 'gift'.

Not that I'd condone such a thing.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 15 2007, 05:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Sweet Matt just won a Keeley Boss DS-1 for £49 going after a keeley commpresser next
also just took a gamble on a commpresser pedal a BEHRINGER DC9 DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR but for £15 cant grumble got some good reviews on harmony central

This post has been edited by Bondy: Oct 15 2007, 05:52 AM

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:43 PM