42 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Sunday Shred Fest Challenge!
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2016, 09:42 PM
GMC:er
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-29!!!!

*I"m not playing in this vid. Instead, Instead, feel feel to use it to practice your lead! You can add it to a playlist on youtube if you like to keep track of it.

Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx29

(IMPORTANT: YOU CAN PLAY OVER ANY PART OR ALL OF THE BACKING)

DETAILS: The last in our PINK TRILOGY of bits. Actually our four the Floyd solo so far, but the third in a row makes it our PINK TRINITY!! smile.gif This time around it’s the class “TIME” from Pinky Floyd. This solo is in F# Minor or F# Blues (E.G. START PLAYING YOUR BLUES SCALE ON THE SECOND FRET!)

DOWNLOAD BACKING: mp3 backing (30 Seconds):Attached File  x29.mp3 ( 491.62K ) Number of downloads: 45

Extended Backing : Attached File  x29LONG.mp3 ( 3.94MB ) Number of downloads: 56

KEY: F# (Sharp)

SCALES TO USE:
F# Blues and Minor

F Sharp Blues
Attached Image

F Sharp Minor
Attached Image

BPM: 64

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Next Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible . To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

----------
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)

That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.

2.)Who can participate?: ANYONE!!

3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 20 2016, 09:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 20 2016, 10:05 PM
Learning Roadie
i'm in !

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 21 2016, 06:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
More of the floyd? splendid, or as the T-Master would say 'Spiff' biggrin.gif

(E.G. START PLAYING YOUR BLUES SCALE ON THE SECOND FRET!)

^^ Advice like this is why I love blues scales so much smile.gif Lock and Load!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 22 2016, 01:41 PM
Learning Roadie
still have trun around for one hour.... and find some nice way to play on !

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2016, 09:17 PM
Happy to help! I'm looking forward to your take smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 21 2016, 01:36 PM) *
More of the floyd? splendid, or as the T-Master would say 'Spiff' biggrin.gif

^^ Advice like this is why I love blues scales so much smile.gif Lock and Load!

Take your time smile.gif I put up the long version of the solo just in case you wanted to give it a go smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 22 2016, 08:41 AM) *
still have trun around for one hour.... and find some nice way to play on !

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 22 2016, 09:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

This is a PREVIEW TAKE i still search for riffs and scales , i'll try to take a better one....

But you can give me critics biggrin.gif

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 22 2016, 11:28 PM
NIce! You are flowing really well between the blues and minor scales and are traveling along the neck quite a bit as well in order to get those nice runs. I'd say maybe do a "half time" bit in the middle where you back down a bit using the guitar volume knob, maybe strike a pinch harder with the pick in this section. It gives a different character to the sound. Also, a pickup switch at some point would be cool, just to go from Neck/Bridge or bridge/neck pickup smile.gif

You have a really good handle on it from what I can see smile.gif Congrats on building such a spiff solo!

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 22 2016, 04:47 PM) *
Hi Todd

This is a PREVIEW TAKE i still search for riffs and scales , i'll try to take a better one....

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 27 2016, 06:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Todd I only managed to use the short backing. I wanted to do more because 'Pink Floyd' smile.gif but alas Im spending so much time dicking around with equipment, I didnt get to spend as much time on it as I hoped but I also didnt want to miss another Floyd track!
On the plus side this is just an improv and Im quite happy that I managed to keep to a reasonable structure for the length of the ( albeit short ) backing, I dont usually manage to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYB7Tf4inkk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2016, 08:14 PM
I am sorry for all the gear troubles you've had of late sad.gif They really can get in the way of important bits like playing guitar! But I'm glad you took the time to make a take smile.gif I always enjoy your playing. Per usual, it's spot on. The licks work great, the tone is great, sounds like Gilmour himself IMHO and it fits nice and tight with no wasted space. Short and sweet. ohmy.gif ) In short, you just

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 27 2016, 01:45 PM) *
Hey Todd I only managed to use the short backing. I wanted to do more because 'Pink Floyd' smile.gif but alas Im spending so much time dicking around with equipment, I didnt get to spend as much time on it as I hoped but I also didnt want to miss another Floyd track!
On the plus side this is just an improv and Im quite happy that I managed to keep to a reasonable structure for the length of the ( albeit short ) backing, I dont usually manage to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYB7Tf4inkk

I went back and listened this this again and IMHO it's got way more quality that just a "Temp" so I'm gonna give it the full beans as a full take smile.gif I like everything about it. You incorporate wads of the shreddy bits we have been working on for some time now to great effect. it's a blues bit but you really manage to give it a nearly Paul Gilbert feel in spots which was unexpected and always a welcome thing smile.gif Bottom line you just KRUSHED it and it's more than enough to get you.

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 22 2016, 04:47 PM) *
Hi Todd

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 27 2016, 09:29 PM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 27 2016, 08:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

This is a quick take, too late to work more on, but i think have catch some cool licks

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 27 2016, 09:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 27 2016, 07:14 PM) *
I am sorry for all the gear troubles you've had of late sad.gif They really can get in the way of important bits like playing guitar! But I'm glad you took the time to make a take smile.gif I always enjoy your playing. Per usual, it's spot on. The licks work great, the tone is great, sounds like Gilmour himself IMHO and it fits nice and tight with no wasted space. Short and sweet. ohmy.gif)

thank you sir. Its been cool pretending to be gilmour these last few challenges biggrin.gif
oh yeah... not that Im counting but Im pretty sure I was at level 17 last week cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2016, 09:33 PM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-30!!!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan

*I"m not playing in this vid. Instead, Instead, feel feel to use it to practice your lead! You can add it to a playlist on youtube if you like to keep track of it.
Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx30

DETAILS: This time around a bit of STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN style. This is just a general “style” backing. So feel free to interpret your solo any way you like. The key is E so on the low E you can use open strings smile.gif Or move up to the 12th fret to start your blues scale. E is my fave key to solo in. Just so many options. Blues and Minor scales in E will work well smile.gif But feel free to use anything you like!

DOWNLOAD BACKING:

mp3 backing Attached File  x30.mp3 ( 516.19K ) Number of downloads: 38

Extended Mp3 Backing Attached File  x30_extended.mp3 ( 5.13MB ) Number of downloads: 59

KEY: E

SCALES TO USE: E Blues and Minor

E Blues
Attached Image

E Minor
Attached Image

BPM: 66 BPM

DUE DATE: Before MIDNIGHT Next Sunday!! (If you run a bit late that's ok) I'm pushing back the due date to as late as possible . To give you more weekend time. So the new challenge may already be posted when you go to put up your take. This is fine, just take a look at the new challenge as you post your take so you can practice a bit during the week if possible

1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.
3.)What do I get? Upon putting your video in the thread, you will get a critique of your playing and a badge to commemorate your effort. The more Challenges you complete, the higher the level

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 27 2016, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 27 2016, 09:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

Nice choice !

Can i have the chords please smile.gif

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 28 2016, 05:03 AM
The backing is a keyboard track and I'm not a keyboard player so I don't have a clue what chords he's using. If a keyboard player feels like chiming in i'd be all ears!! The bass pattern is just a walking pattern based on the pentatonic/blues scale. The good news is that all of it works great with blues scale. Throw some bits of minor in for good measure and then experiment a bit smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 27 2016, 04:36 PM) *
Hi Todd

Nice choice !

Can i have the chords please smile.gif

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 28 2016, 05:05 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2016, 07:20 AM
I like how you are going between slow bits with vibrato and fast shreddy bits as well. The tone is working quite well also! I'd love to see you pull back using the volume knob on the guitar to get a new tone in the middle of a solo just for kicks smile.gif You are really getting a very good handle on how to put licks together in a musical way and can keep it up for days!! I'm sure your musicians friends must be impressed with how quickly you've picked up these skills!! I sure am smile.gif

In short you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 27 2016, 03:37 PM) *
Hi Todd

This is a quick take, too late to work more on, but i think have catch some cool licks

Cheers

Laurent

!!! SUNDAY SHRED FEST X-30!!!!

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Direct Link to this Challenge : http://bit.ly/sundayshredfestx30

DETAILS: This time around a bit of STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN style. This is just a general “style” backing. So feel free to interpret your solo any way you like. The key is E so on the low E you can use open strings smile.gif Or move up to the 12th fret to start your blues scale. E is my fave key to solo in. Just so many options. Blues and Minor scales in E will work well smile.gif But feel free to use anything you like!

DOWNLOAD BACKING:

mp3 backing Attached File  x30.mp3 ( 516.19K ) Number of downloads: 38

Extended Mp3 Backing Attached File  x30_extended.mp3 ( 5.13MB ) Number of downloads: 59

KEY: E

SCALES TO USE: E Blues and Minor

E Blues
Attached Image

E Minor
Attached Image

BPM: 66 BPM

1.)What do I need to do?: Reply to this post with a youtube video of your performance. EMBED the video in the post (Ask me if you need any help)That's it, no files, no transfers, just you playing I will give you feedback on your submission and you will get your updated SHRED FEST MISSION BADGE for having the stones to put yourself out there and for making the time to make music.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 30 2016, 08:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

This is my first take onto this BT, i start to make it my own.

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 2 2016, 08:47 AM
Very cool stuff!! you are really ripping it up!!!! I'd say maybe try to roll back the volume knob on the guitar about half way through and leave a few gaps where you actually arent' playing. I know it's tempting to go all out the entire time like it was a collab take, but these won't be cut up, so you can back off a bit to add some dynamics and not worry about your best parts being cut out. Which is what's so cool about these smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 30 2016, 03:59 PM) *
Hi Todd

This is my first take onto this BT, i start to make it my own.

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 2 2016, 04:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

Another try with another axe and another preset.

this axe is a crap......

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2016, 10:25 AM
I',m having a really hard time hearing what you are playing even with my volume up. Can you guys hear him ok? It looks great smile.gif

TOdd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 2 2016, 11:26 AM) *
Hi Todd

Another try with another axe and another preset.

this axe is a crap......

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 3 2016, 10:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

I can watch and hear without any trouble....

try to watch it in lower quality, maybe your setup can't play 48khz audio...

edit: i have upload this MP4 capture

[attachment=45592:saturday...est_30_2.mp4]

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Dec 3 2016, 10:38 AM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:48 PM