Digitech Rp350, This little 200 dollar chunk of technology sings.
Staples
Mar 4 2008, 01:04 PM
GMC:er
I just got this nifty little item in the mail today. Setup wasn't too much of a hassle, me being the dolt I can be forgot to get a y-adapter so it's not in my effects loop. Ones on the way now. It's a sturdy little unit metal, the three pedals are plastic, expression pedal metal.

Using the presets was as simple as could be, and there was a lot of them to go through. They aren't bad but I'd reccomend using X-Edit or using the unit to customize your own tones. One of the notable ones was the bass preset. The three bass strings EAD really did sound like a bass. G string was a little off but I'm sure you tweak the EQ[4 band] just right and get it sounding more like a bass, of course the best alternative is, well, a bass.

I had a brain fart while customizing via the unit itself, but the instructions were really clear, it just took too much effort. Instead I hooked it up to my computer and got started. Well, Vista disagreed with it and threw a blue screen at me but that was partly on me. Got it working after I restarted and played around in X-Edit. It's an incredibly simple and easy to use program.

Everything is laid out right infront of you on x-edit so you can jump from spot to spot tweaking as you go. At this point my computer is too far away from where my guitar, and amp are plugged in so I just tweaked from the program without really previewing anything. There is a great deal of variety available in that program. I tinkered a bit saved some new preset and hooked it back up.

It sounded great. My amp isn't too bad, Crate FW65, but the distortion sounded so much better off the RP350. Not to mention with a twitch of the foot you can flip between two amp models. One amp model I had with chunky distortion full of bass, the other one for more lead tones with a little more emphasis on the highs and the solo amp model. Convenient enough switch just right there. Wasn't just right so I tweaked a few things on the fly, effects level, gain, amp level, that kind of thing. Nailed it.

I only got to tinker with it for an hour or two but overall I was impressed with the sound. I didn't go for anything too complicated yet but I will update as my work with this unit progresses. So far though the effects are great, the Wah, Delay, Reverb, Flanger, all of it. With such an easy to use interface you should be up and running with only a few minutes of tinkering. For 200 dollars it's hard to beat this little piece of gear and I'd reccommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive easy to use effects pedal jammed with features. As I said I'll update later once I've used it to record onto my computer, come up with more of my own presets, etc etc.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask, I'd love for more reasons to play with this thing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Times New Roman
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Retribution
Mar 18 2008, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
Great to hear!

I've actually been looking into picking one of these up recently. Based on what I've read from a lot of different people, this thing really gets the job done and sounds awesome. This just gives me a bigger reason to go get it. tongue.gif

I'd like to ask a few questions once you update with the recordings. I've been interested in using the RP350 to record via USB, and I was just curious about the sound quality and such. I'll check back later once you've updated to see what you think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:40 AM