HELLO FROM TENNESSEE!!!
shredmandan
Feb 27 2007, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
[attachment=348:attachment][attachment=347:attachment][attachment=347:attachment
][attachment=347:attachment]HELLO EVERYONE

IM NEW TO GMC JUST STARTED YESTERDAY.I HAVE BEEN PLAYING GUITAR FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS.I USE A FENDER STRAT DELUXE SERIES WITH A SEYMOUR DUNCAN SH-6 DISTORTION HUMBUCKER AND TWO NOISELESS PICKUPS,,, A JACKON DK2 WHICH I ADDED A SEYMOUR DUNCAN GEOGE LYNCH SCREAMING DEMON HUMBUCKER TO AND 2 PICKUPS.FOR AMPS I USE A FENDER CHAMPION 110 FOR MOST USE AND ALSO HAVE A CRATE FULL STACK.MY MAIN REASON FOR JOINING WAS TO IMPROVE ON MY LEADS.I REALLY WANT TO ACOMPLISH SWEEP PICKING.THAT IS THE ONE THING I CAN SAY I CANT DO AT THIS TIME.ANYBODY HAVE SOME ADVICE LET ME KNOW.MY STYLE OF MUSIC I PLAY IS MOSTLEY HEAVY ROCK .METALLICA WAS MY INSPERATION TO PLAY GUITAR.I STARTED WITH THE BLACK ALBUM AND WENT ALL THE WAY BACK TO KIL EM ALL AND LEARNED ALL THERE SONGS,NOW IM INTO KILLSWITCH ENGAGE , PANTERA,, THAT SORT OF THING BUT,I HAVE RESPECT AND ENJOY MANY OTHER STYLES OF MUSIC EXCEPT RAP.WELL I JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MY SELF AND SAY HELLO,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 28 2007, 09:26 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome shredmandan - that's a cool looking guitar you have got! smile.gif

I am sure Pavel's lessons will show you what you need to sweep!

Kris

PS Think about not using capital letters! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 28 2007, 11:43 AM
Instructor
Welcome buddy! Nice finish on your guitar!

There are a couple of Sweeping lesson here and i believe they will help you to make everything clear with sweeping!

Enjoy your staying here man! And keep shredding!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 28 2007, 12:42 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I get the pic over the entire screen. It's a beauty, and nice pu's too biggrin.gif ...but would it be possible to downsize the pic, it's shows in every post you make. Or is it just me???

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Feb 28 2007, 06:10 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 28 2007, 06:42 AM) *
I get the pic over the entire screen. It's a beauty, and nice pu's too biggrin.gif ...but would it be possible to downsize the pic, it's shows in every post you make. Or is it just me???

Sorry
I just figured out how to add the picture and never meant to make it so big.I just checked it today and i was like man thanks to big.Can you tell me how to take it off or make it smaller?
Thanks

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 28 2007, 06:27 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Feb 28 2007, 12:10 PM) *
Sorry
I just figured out how to add the picture and never meant to make it so big.I just checked it today and i was like man thanks to big.Can you tell me how to take it off or make it smaller?
Thanks

Hi there ...

You need to resize it on your PC (use any graphical editor program such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro), then upload the new smaller version to replace the one that is there now.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Feb 28 2007, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 28 2007, 12:27 PM) *
Hi there ...

You need to resize it on your PC (use any graphical editor program such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro), then upload the new smaller version to replace the one that is there now.

Thanks
Somebody said that the picture pops up on every post i make but, i dont see it on here right now, do you?So what type of music are you into playing?

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 28 2007, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Feb 28 2007, 12:32 PM) *
Thanks
Somebody said that the picture pops up on every post i make but, i dont see it on here right now, do you?So what type of music are you into playing?

Yeah, seems to have gone smile.gif did you remove it from your profile ? Its a cool looking guitar by the way!

As far as music goes, I have played various styles and never really settled on one, I do a lot of recording and over the years we've done funk stuff, stuff bordering on Jazz, Acoustic stuff - sometimes I think it would be easier if I had more focus! I'm here to learn speedpicking and sweep-picking mostly, and improve my soloing - that kind of style always impresses me and I want to be able to do it!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Feb 28 2007, 07:18 PM

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Feb 28 2007, 09:08 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 28 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Yeah, seems to have gone smile.gif did you remove it from your profile ? Its a cool looking guitar by the way!

As far as music goes, I have played various styles and never really settled on one, I do a lot of recording and over the years we've done funk stuff, stuff bordering on Jazz, Acoustic stuff - sometimes I think it would be easier if I had more focus! I'm here to learn speedpicking and sweep-picking mostly, and improve my soloing - that kind of style always impresses me and I want to be able to do it!

Andrew
thats about the same reason i'm here.To improve on my lead and get the hng of sweep picking.I just took the picture off but i think i will try to put it on small on this post and see if it works.Have you been sucseccful in sweep yet?it's so hard.i've been playing for about 10 years and it still comes off extremaly hard for me.

Ok forget putting a picture on here .It wont stop blowing up to 6 feet tall.

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 28 2007, 09:20 PM
Nope ... its back!

Hey, try this - I resized it for you. Right click on the resized picture, select Save Image as or whatever and save it to your hard drive. Then upload it and use it instead of the larger picture and you should be all set.

[attachment=355:attachment]

Now, on the subject of sweep picking - yea, I have been playing a while too (30 years, probably 18 years seriously on the electric) - I am having a lot of trouble with sweep picking. I usually pick up new techniques pretty quickly, sweeps are the exception to that - they are just really hard. The only way is to practice practice practice to a metronome. I am working on it, and feel I am on the verge of a breakthrough, but I still need to really practice ... good luck!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
May 21 2007, 09:29 PM
Instructor
Welcome!
Where in Tennessee are you from?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:01 AM