Im New., Getting annoyed.
Tech3
May 22 2007, 11:29 AM
GMC:er
So iv been playing guitar about three weeks. This site has helped me loads so far. Iv done all the beginner classes and it seems like im getting slower at my scales and stuff every time i practice. Have learnt a few of the licks Kris has shown but i just cant seem to play them with a backing tracik going. Any tips on how to do this? Thanks,
Steve

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
steve25
May 22 2007, 05:45 PM
Don't worry you will be able to i promise. Just keep practicing at it. It might help to use a metronome first before you go onto the backing track (see the metronome lesson). Once you get good with the metronome increase your speed to something you're comfortable with. After that, then try the backing track you'll be amazed at how easily you can do stuff when you go back and do them. Give yourself time and practice loads!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tech3
May 22 2007, 06:35 PM
That was a great reply. Just what i needed, cheers matey. Iv got myself a metranome so im just going to play along to that for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.Could you reccomend any really simple songs I could learn so i dont get too bored along the way?

Thanks again

+Quote Post
steve25
May 22 2007, 06:39 PM
What type of music do you listen to?

+Quote Post
Tech3
May 22 2007, 07:21 PM
Everything. Im into Bullets and octane and bullett for my valentine at the Mo. I also like Stevie Ray Vaughn so almost anything is good. Also another question, Why shouldnt the metranome have an accent beep on it?

+Quote Post
steve25
May 22 2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/blin.../dammit_tab.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/n/nigh...mo_ver3_tab.htm

Those 2 are fairly easy mainly using just power chords with a little bit of lead. If you struggle to play these don't panic just keep working at what you're doing. If you can play these pretty well then you are doing very well for someone who's only been playing 3 weeks.

+Quote Post
Tech3
May 22 2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Nemo is a great song. Thanks for your help.

Steve

+Quote Post
Robin
May 22 2007, 09:04 PM
3 weeks is NOTHING. Maybe, just maybe in some months you can play them perfect. It requires time. Sounds good that you have gone trough all the beginner lessons in 3 weeks, good luck practicing smile.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: May 22 2007, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
Tech3
May 23 2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah its goin to take lots of time, but i wanna play so i dont care how much it will take. I nailed a couple of barre chords last night so thats a step forward even if it is with an aching hand.lol

This post has been edited by Tech3: May 23 2007, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post
Aaron
May 25 2007, 08:57 PM
QUOTE (Tech3 @ May 22 2007, 11:21 AM) *
Everything. Im into Bullets and octane and bullett for my valentine at the Mo. I also like Stevie Ray Vaughn so almost anything is good. Also another question, Why shouldnt the metranome have an accent beep on it?

well if you listen to everything i can tab a simple system of a down song if you want. i learned how to play it perfectly in a month. it helps mostly with alternate picking but it also helps with your index finger for your barre chords. jus let me know if you want me to tab it out for you

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:05 AM