New Member From New Hampshire, getting back into guitar, going to get awesome!!
crosby
May 22 2007, 06:09 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys! I'm 34, getting back into playing guitar (seriously)... I have a good day job, wife, four kids, the whole nine yards, but really itching to get out and play. I'm a little sloppy, never really practiced scales, probably know more theory than I can use right now, but I know I am on the cusp of something great. I have two tracks to pursue now, one is learning songs, and the other is development my playing and technique. I started playing at 15, been in a few cover bands most of which never played out. I grew up on Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, got into Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, STP, etc. in high school and college, and now my favorite music to play is the heavier alternative, but rocking bar band stuff. My goal is to play clubs and bars in a cover band, maybe a few originals here and there, and make jaws drop. (Plus, I am an accountant so I already surprise a lot of people as it is wink.gif ). I like Breaking Benjamin, Audioslave (Rage), Velvet Revolver, etc. etc. Really want to get clean and technical, you know? Anyhow, I am hoping this is the late night after the kids go to bed and the wife is watching Grey's Anatomy place for me to shred... smile.gif Thanks for your support!!

Crosby

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Fender Telecaster 1972 reissue (black)
Fender Strat Plus (maple neck, reverse blue burst)
Southern NH
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron
May 22 2007, 06:32 PM
sup new guy. smile.gif

lol im 14 and been playing for 1.5 years

did u go 2 coachella to see rage?
it was sick!!!!!!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
steve25
May 22 2007, 06:50 PM
Hi Crosby welcome to GMC. That's a nice list of bands you have there.

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 22 2007, 10:31 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (crosby @ May 22 2007, 07:09 PM) *
Hey guys! I'm 34, getting back into playing guitar (seriously)... I have a good day job, wife, four kids, the whole nine yards, but really itching to get out and play. I'm a little sloppy, never really practiced scales, probably know more theory than I can use right now, but I know I am on the cusp of something great. I have two tracks to pursue now, one is learning songs, and the other is development my playing and technique. I started playing at 15, been in a few cover bands most of which never played out. I grew up on Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, got into Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, STP, etc. in high school and college, and now my favorite music to play is the heavier alternative, but rocking bar band stuff. My goal is to play clubs and bars in a cover band, maybe a few originals here and there, and make jaws drop. (Plus, I am an accountant so I already surprise a lot of people as it is wink.gif ). I like Breaking Benjamin, Audioslave (Rage), Velvet Revolver, etc. etc. Really want to get clean and technical, you know? Anyhow, I am hoping this is the late night after the kids go to bed and the wife is watching Grey's Anatomy place for me to shred... smile.gif Thanks for your support!!

Crosby

Welcome! And thank god for kids bedtime and The E.R., Desperate Housewives and other chick series. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
crosby
May 23 2007, 08:17 PM
thanks for the warm welcome guys... got a new singer coming by tomorrow night, should be good

QUOTE (Aaron @ May 22 2007, 01:32 PM) *
sup new guy. smile.gif

lol im 14 and been playing for 1.5 years

did u go 2 coachella to see rage?
it was sick!!!!!!!!!

Hi Aaron, thanks for the message. No, would KILL to see Rage though. Saw a video of Cochise live on Youtube, looked like Cornell was tired, or couldn't hear himself because I know he's much better than that... good stuff!!

--------------------
Fender Telecaster 1972 reissue (black)
Fender Strat Plus (maple neck, reverse blue burst)
Southern NH

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 25 2007, 07:24 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome,

At 34 you are a spring chicken, sounds like you have some good experiences to build on - welcome!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:44 AM