Jumpin' In!
CatastrophE
May 22 2007, 11:56 PM
GMC:er
Hey everyone smile.gif
I'm Matty and i'm relatively new to the Guitar, I started off by learning the basics from Jamorama and made good progress but I found that it doesn't really teach you things you "really" wan't to know about Guitar only the basic and advanced cords that I probably won't use much anyway for the music I wanna' be able to play eventually (i'm not writing it off completely since it's probably a good idea to learn as much as I can from it)

Anyway, I stumbled accross the site by accident and noticed the extremely nice content posted around and the strong community, it seemed to teach the things you really wanted to know about the Guitar and leave the more generic stuff out, so I thought "Hey, it's worth a try".

So basically, here I am tongue.gif
I don't get loads of time to practice but it's almost the end of the College year and then I can settle down and really learn some new stuff smile.gif

I'm expecting to start with the beginner lessons and move onto the others from there biggrin.gif

Matty

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 25 2007, 07:10 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (CatastrophE @ May 22 2007, 06:56 PM) *
Hey everyone smile.gif
I'm Matty and i'm relatively new to the Guitar, I started off by learning the basics from Jamorama and made good progress but I found that it doesn't really teach you things you "really" wan't to know about Guitar only the basic and advanced cords that I probably won't use much anyway for the music I wanna' be able to play eventually (i'm not writing it off completely since it's probably a good idea to learn as much as I can from it)

Anyway, I stumbled accross the site by accident and noticed the extremely nice content posted around and the strong community, it seemed to teach the things you really wanted to know about the Guitar and leave the more generic stuff out, so I thought "Hey, it's worth a try".

So basically, here I am tongue.gif
I don't get loads of time to practice but it's almost the end of the College year and then I can settle down and really learn some new stuff smile.gif

I'm expecting to start with the beginner lessons and move onto the others from there biggrin.gif

Matty

Welcome Matty - hope you enjoy your stay, if you have any questions just ask!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
CatastrophE
May 26 2007, 02:30 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 25 2007, 07:10 PM) *
Welcome Matty - hope you enjoy your stay, if you have any questions just ask!

Hey Andrew, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it tongue.gif
I was beginning to think i'd scared everyone away for a little while there ^^
I'll certainly ask if I need some help smile.gif

M.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 26 2007, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (CatastrophE @ May 26 2007, 09:30 AM) *
Hey Andrew, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it tongue.gif
I was beginning to think i'd scared everyone away for a little while there ^^
I'll certainly ask if I need some help smile.gif

M.

We're a firendly bunch really - sorry noone replied before I did smile.gif

How do you like Jamorama? The guy looks good on the sample vids, I was wondering how advanced it gets, and what made you switch to GMC?

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
CatastrophE
May 26 2007, 03:23 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 26 2007, 02:48 PM) *
We're a firendly bunch really - sorry noone replied before I did smile.gif

How do you like Jamorama? The guy looks good on the sample vids, I was wondering how advanced it gets, and what made you switch to GMC?

I'm sure you everyone is smile.gif

I don't mind Jamorama, I would be lying if I said I didn't learn a lot from it, you get 2 books, 1 beginner and 1 Advanced.
I just about completed the beginner book which teaches you Major, Minor, A7 and some Root chords, but haven't tried the advanced yet, in fact, I probably won't now i'm part of GMC.

What I like about it is it teaches you pretty much everything as far as I can tell (even things like Bass picking), but it seems to be suited more to acoustic rather than electric.

What I don't really like about it so much is it seems to teach you everything, and then leave you with no direction, and with no direction you can't really build on what you've learnt, sure you have JamTracks but they are mainly a group of Chords that link and not much else.

That's what drawed me in to GMC, the way you get a lot of direction in what kind of style you like to play and lots of good information from specific people on how to build yourself up to a higher level, your not just left with a load of chords and stuff and expected to go alone tongue.gif

Hope i've made sense ^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 26 2007, 04:08 PM
QUOTE (CatastrophE @ May 26 2007, 10:23 AM) *
Hope i've made sense ^^

Yep, lots of sense - I was curious. That's the best thing about GMC - no shortage of opinions on the forum as to what you should do next smile.gif Also a wide diversity of styles in both members and instructors. Just for the few months I have been here, I have seen the site grow and change - its an awesome place to hang out, glad you found us!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Hemlok
May 26 2007, 04:10 PM
Makes sense to me, this is site is fantastic, if you have trouble with the already well explained topics, there are heaps of willing people to help you out within a short amount of time. I have the site set as my homepage and i am here everyday without a doubt, and also as soon as i signed up to site, i have been playing guitar everyday also, after many many months not really putting any effort in. So im one happy chappy now.

GMC, heaven in a http:// laugh.gif

Oh and welcome. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CatastrophE
May 26 2007, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 26 2007, 04:08 PM) *
Yep, lots of sense - I was curious. That's the best thing about GMC - no shortage of opinions on the forum as to what you should do next smile.gif Also a wide diversity of styles in both members and instructors. Just for the few months I have been here, I have seen the site grow and change - its an awesome place to hang out, glad you found us!

QUOTE (Hemlok @ May 26 2007, 04:10 PM) *
Makes sense to me, this is site is fantastic, if you have trouble with the already well explained topics, there are heaps of willing people to help you out within a short amount of time. I have the site set as my homepage and i am here everyday without a doubt, and also as soon as i signed up to site, i have been playing guitar everyday also, after many many months not really putting any effort in. So im one happy chappy now.

GMC, heaven in a http:// laugh.gif

Oh and welcome. tongue.gif

I can tell i'm among people who know their stuff ^^
I'm having a blast already learning new stuff and improving myself, and the best thing is I know I can ask questions if I get stuck to people who know what their talking about smile.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:37 PM