2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Introduction
sammetal92
Jan 21 2013, 03:01 PM
GMC:er
Hey people at GMC smile.gif

I'm Sam, and I just joined today. I've been playing for 4 years now, but I've started to take practicing guitar seriously since a year or so, and I 'm kind of stuck at the intermediate stage of being a guitarist. I also play a little drums on the side just for fun.

I love metal music, I love the subgenres of metal too. I am now entering the shred territory which, I believe, has a massive learning curve.

I like music theory but I don't know much of it, but I attend workshops now and then to get all the bits of knowledge I can tongue.gif

My idol is Jason Becker biggrin.gif I've also been inspired by Dave Murray, Randy Rhoads and Steve Vai.

I got attracted to GMC by first watching a Ben Higgins video, it was Epic Metal Beginner Solo and I was blown away with that video. I decided to do it by ear, since I didn't have money to subscribe to GMC just yet. So, I did it and it felt really cool and I watched more of Ben's videos and I'd put them all on the "main" part and try to do everything by ear note for note smile.gif

I contacted Ben on youtube and he's been extremely nice and extremely helpful to me. He gave me some advice on sweep picking (I think that's the HARDEST shred technique, with Legato following closely behind).

Then I decided to collect enough money to subscribe to GMC for some time at least so I did and here I am smile.gif Loving it here.

Sorry for the long post, but I do have a question.

I can do metal rhythm fine (I love gallops). I'm looking for metal lead guitar stuff. I've already checked out Ben Higgins, Gabriel Leopardi, Pavel Denisjuk and Muris Varajic and they're all awesome biggrin.gif so am I looking at the right places for beginner metal lead guitar lessons?
And can you guys give some tips or recommend some specific lessons if you think I should practice it?

Thank you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 21 2013, 08:09 PM
Instructor
Heeeeeey Sam, you made it onto GMC - EXCELLENT ! biggrin.gif

It's good to see you here, you're in good hands !

Well, out of my lessons I would suggest these ones you've already seen:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Epic-M...-Beginner-Solo/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-3/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

For sweeping.. well, there's LOADS of sweeping lessons - just pick the ones you like the sound of the most. This one is inspired by Jason Becker. You don't have to play it the same speed is the lesson, you can just get the shapes and the technique sorted and go from there ! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jason_...bining_Figures/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 21 2013, 08:35 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Welcome to GMC, Sam! You might also find it helpful to navigate the "Guitar Lesson" section. You can pick by genre and skill level to narrow down your search. Have fun!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Jan 21 2013, 08:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jan 21 2013, 08:36 PM
Theory Instructor
Welcome aboard!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 21 2013, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 21 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Heeeeeey Sam, you made it onto GMC - EXCELLENT ! biggrin.gif

It's good to see you here, you're in good hands !

Well, out of my lessons I would suggest these ones you've already seen:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Epic-M...-Beginner-Solo/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-3/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch-II/

For sweeping.. well, there's LOADS of sweeping lessons - just pick the ones you like the sound of the most. This one is inspired by Jason Becker. You don't have to play it the same speed is the lesson, you can just get the shapes and the technique sorted and go from there ! smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Jason_...bining_Figures/

Hi Ben biggrin.gif Yes I made it smile.gif I've already done some of your Land of Legato lessons and the full Epic Metal Solo lesson, I'm working on the Hand Synch lesson biggrin.gif

I'm gonna check out the sweeping lesson right away! thanks! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jan 21 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, Sam! You might also find it helpful to navigate the "Guitar Lesson" section. You can pick by genre and skill level to narrow down your search. Have fun!

Thank you DeGroot, yes I've started using that as well smile.gif

QUOTE (Matt Warnock Guitar @ Jan 21 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Welcome aboard!

Thanks Matt! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2013, 11:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Sam!! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif We already meet each other at my Vchat session and there you asked me for being your mentor so I'm sending a message with information right now! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 22 2013, 03:05 AM
Hey man, welcome to GMC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 22 2013, 06:49 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 21 2013, 10:32 PM) *
Hi Sam!! Welcome to GMC! smile.gif We already meet each other at my Vchat session and there you asked me for being your mentor so I'm sending a message with information right now! smile.gif

Hi Gabriel biggrin.gif Yeah I just replied, thanks so much! smile.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 22 2013, 02:05 AM) *
Hey man, welcome to GMC.

Thanks vonhotch smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 22 2013, 01:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Sam.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jan 22 2013, 02:49 AM) *
Hi Gabriel biggrin.gif Yeah I just replied, thanks so much! smile.gif

Checking it now! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 22 2013, 05:19 PM
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 22 2013, 12:52 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Sam.

Thanks Timmy smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 22 2013, 01:12 PM) *
Checking it now! wink.gif

biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2013, 10:38 PM
Welcome to GMC!!!! smile.gif I"m Todd and I do our Weekend Video Chat Lessons. We do LOADS of Lead type stuff so stop by and jump in!!! The full schedule is on the front page.

BEN's lessons are KILLER!!!! And each and everyone is fertile ground for the budding SHREDDER!

Todd

QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jan 21 2013, 09:01 AM) *
Hey people at GMC smile.gif

I'm Sam, and I just joined today. I've been playing for 4 years now, but I've started to take practicing guitar seriously since a year or so, and I 'm kind of stuck at the intermediate stage of being a guitarist. I also play a little drums on the side just for fun.

I love metal music, I love the subgenres of metal too. I am now entering the shred territory which, I believe, has a massive learning curve.

I like music theory but I don't know much of it, but I attend workshops now and then to get all the bits of knowledge I can tongue.gif

My idol is Jason Becker biggrin.gif I've also been inspired by Dave Murray, Randy Rhoads and Steve Vai.

I got attracted to GMC by first watching a Ben Higgins video, it was Epic Metal Beginner Solo and I was blown away with that video. I decided to do it by ear, since I didn't have money to subscribe to GMC just yet. So, I did it and it felt really cool and I watched more of Ben's videos and I'd put them all on the "main" part and try to do everything by ear note for note smile.gif

I contacted Ben on youtube and he's been extremely nice and extremely helpful to me. He gave me some advice on sweep picking (I think that's the HARDEST shred technique, with Legato following closely behind).

Then I decided to collect enough money to subscribe to GMC for some time at least so I did and here I am smile.gif Loving it here.

Sorry for the long post, but I do have a question.

I can do metal rhythm fine (I love gallops). I'm looking for metal lead guitar stuff. I've already checked out Ben Higgins, Gabriel Leopardi, Pavel Denisjuk and Muris Varajic and they're all awesome biggrin.gif so am I looking at the right places for beginner metal lead guitar lessons?
And can you guys give some tips or recommend some specific lessons if you think I should practice it?

Thank you!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2013, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Howdy Sam! Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif As the guys already made it clear - don't be shy, ask us anything you wish to know smile.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 23 2013, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 22 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Welcome to GMC!!!! smile.gif I"m Todd and I do our Weekend Video Chat Lessons. We do LOADS of Lead type stuff so stop by and jump in!!! The full schedule is on the front page.

BEN's lessons are KILLER!!!! And each and everyone is fertile ground for the budding SHREDDER!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 23 2013, 11:40 AM) *
Howdy Sam! Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif As the guys already made it clear - don't be shy, ask us anything you wish to know smile.gif

Thank you Todd and Cosmin smile.gif I'll be asking all of you an annoying amount of questions biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 23 2013, 03:47 PM
Welcome to GMC Sam!
Apart from all the lessons mentioned have a look at LIAN's old lessons!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 23 2013, 05:40 PM
Welcome aboard Sam!

You've made an excellent choice coming to GMC... The instructors here are the best of the best in more than just their craft... they are just all around good people. We even have our own Godfather so I guess in that case we should welcome you to "The Family"

The entire community here has many years of combined talent and knowledge so just ask anything on the forums and someone will always be willing to chime in and lend a hand. I learn something from these guys every day... they learn from me as well but unfortunately for them it's usualy things they didn't want to know... smile.gif

Anyhow, lots of good times and fun here.

Enjoy,

Mark

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 23 2013, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jan 23 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Sam!
Apart from all the lessons mentioned have a look at LIAN's old lessons!
biggrin.gif

Yes, as soon as I do my assignment given by Gabriel! smile.gif And thank you! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 23 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Welcome aboard Sam!

You've made an excellent choice coming to GMC... The instructors here are the best of the best in more than just their craft... they are just all around good people. We even have our own Godfather so I guess in that case we should welcome you to "The Family"

The entire community here has many years of combined talent and knowledge so just ask anything on the forums and someone will always be willing to chime in and lend a hand. I learn something from these guys every day... they learn from me as well but unfortunately for them it's usualy things they didn't want to know... smile.gif

Anyhow, lots of good times and fun here.

Enjoy,

Mark

Thank you mroberts smile.gif I had the same thoughts as you even before I came to GMC, as I had talked to Ben through messages, and I was thinking "Gosh, is every instructor on GMC like that?" And to my amazement, yes they are! biggrin.gif I'm loving it here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 23 2013, 08:40 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! You couldn't find a better place than this one, stay well smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 23 2013, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 23 2013, 02:40 PM) *
Welcome to GMC man! You couldn't find a better place than this one, stay well smile.gif

Sam, you have been officially accepted into the family from the Godfather himself. It's a true honor... smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 23 2013, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 23 2013, 07:40 PM) *

Its truly an honor! biggrin.gif Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:19 PM