Peter Lindgren Leaves Opeth, omg:(
Fsgdjv
May 17 2007, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
http://opeth.se/news.html

Didn't see that coming, just hope the new guitarist will be able to fill in the gap. But still, damn, Peter Lindgren was awsome. I'm kind of speechless sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 04:23 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Pardon my language....

FU*K DAMNIT SON OF A BI**CH, I CANT BELIVE THIS SH*T IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST MARTIN NOW PETER!?!?!

Uhhh....i hate these moments in music, but if its for the best........
And anyway, Frederick Akesson is a great guitarist, he did a great job in opeth and i think he will do Opeth Justice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: May 17 2007, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 17 2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Fredrik is a great guitarist, but I don't know if his style fits into opeth. And yeah, it's like half the lineup has changed now in the last few years, but I guess it's good as long as Åkerfeldt has controll. Still, I was pissed when Martin Lopez left, but I think Martin Axenrot fits into opeth a lot more than I think Fredrik Åkesson does. Damn, Lindgren was so good.. I'm still in quite a shock I guess..

EDIT: And I can't wait for the new album, it's gonna be interesting (but not in a good way) to see how opeth will sound without lindgren:/

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: May 17 2007, 05:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 06:21 PM
I think it will be All Opeth as long as Akerfeldt is in the band, Mikael and Frederick have played together and know each other well from what ive read on the site, so i think Frederick will be able to adapt to Opeths Style.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 17 2007, 06:53 PM
But I'm gonna miss Peters solos:/ But well, as long as I won't see any shred in opeth I'm happy I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 07:07 PM
You'll probably never see Shred In Opeth, but they do have some pretty fast solo's. I don't think you got anything to worry about there.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 17 2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah I know, I'm just the worrying kind:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 17 2007, 09:25 PM
shocking, I did not see that comming at all.

Man first Lord Worm getting kicked out of Cryptopsy next Peter leaving Opeth, the heck is going here.

Edited for language: Micke on behalf of the moderating team

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 27 2009, 06:36 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 18 2007, 01:17 AM
i think im going to cry myself to sleep now.. opeth is the greatest.. at least they are still together.. lets hope he can fill sum big shoes.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
May 18 2007, 01:28 AM
oo.. nvr noticed.. arch enemies fredrik is replacing him.. maybe this will be a nice new twist for opeth?

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 18 2007, 04:40 AM
Yeah i think he will do good, like i mentioned before, he has know Mikale and Opeth for awhile and has played with them before, so he knows what to expect and whats goin on.

I think he will do good.

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 19 2007, 03:50 AM
is Frederik the one that played with Carcass for heartwork era?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
May 19 2007, 11:45 AM
No, that would be Michael Amott if I'm not mistaken.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 19 2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah its Michael Amott.

Frederick Akesson replace Michael Amott's brother, Christopher, while he took some time off the road, but Christopher is back so Frederick is movin in to Opeth now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:58 PM