Jap Anime, Anybody here watches?
Rated Htr
Oct 5 2008, 10:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Anybody here watches animes such as death note, naruto...? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
superize
Oct 5 2008, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I used to watch alot of Naruto and still do from time to time......

I am just waiting for the new naruto game to come out

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 5 2008, 11:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
Haven't seen death note... Recommend it?

I'm a recent big anime fan, over the past couple of years. I had the generalisation that it was all about girls in short skirts and pokemon smiles and similar food for the pervs.

Glad I shifted that negative view though smile.gif

Some excellent stuff out there, I love the Studio Ghibli stuff (except ironically I just watched "Tales from earthsea" and wasn't a huge fan), Akira is outstanding and some others like Perfect Blue (bit mental) are great smile.gif

I'd love to get some recommendations from people, seems a hard subject to get info and reviews on.

Oh, and I HAVE to watch them with the original soundtrack with english sub titles because the american voice dubs REALLY take away from the experience.

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 5 2008, 11:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
I would recommend Code Geass if you like an intelligent story with lots of twists.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 6 2008, 12:16 AM
GMC:er
I was a huge fan of Gundam Wing for a while, ive got every episode of the original on my computer. I really like anime, some great art work, i've been trying to download a movie called Beyond The Clouds or The Place Promised to Us in the Early Days. but i can't find it anywhere sad.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2008, 12:24 AM
Instructor
Naruto is nice I watched couple of episodes. I don't know if Granzort is Japanese as well, I loved that one when I was a kid smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 6 2008, 09:32 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 5 2008, 11:26 PM) *
I would recommend Code Geass if you like an intelligent story with lots of twists.

very good anime, just like death note...I recommend both smile.gif

Other animes I like:
Naruto
Bleach
Death Note
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Claymore
School Days

And I'm watching the brand new anime: DETROIT METAL CITY biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 12:20 PM
My favourite is Rurouni Kenshin and I like Blood + a lot also. And Cowboy Bebop is great smile.gif.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
cattus
Oct 6 2008, 12:24 PM
Very good is Basilisk http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=4318

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Oct 6 2008, 03:55 PM
I probably seen every Mobile Suit Gundam series known to man...
Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam, The 8th Mobile Suit Team, Gundam Wing, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, After War Gundam X, Gundam 00, Char's Counterattack, Victory Gundam, Gundam F-91, Turn-a-Gundam, Super Deformed Gundam...

and did I mention Zeta Gundam? That was the best of all the series... interesting plot, awesome character development, beautiful artwork and designs... everything the other series have is thanks to Zeta Gundam, its truely underrated.

Big fan of everything Miyazaki and Studio Ghibi ever made, he's the best anime director of all time. If you haven't you've got to check out Grave Of The Fireflies, its possibly the greatest animated movie of all time. Its definately worth a watch smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fullmetal_Tmd: Oct 6 2008, 04:02 PM

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Oct 6 2008, 04:28 PM
NAruto naruto naruto biggrin.gif kage bunshin no jitsu!!! yeah i am this sad. wow i not been on gmc and had time to post replies in ages and first thing i do is say shadow replication in japanese tongue.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 7 2008, 02:46 AM
G-Gundam has the best theme song known to any other anime I have ever witnessed.

Yes, I use to watch anime. I've been watching since I was a young one at the age of 5 (now 20). The amount of anime ive laid my eyes on had been spectacular over the years. Naruto got me back to watching it, but its the only series Ive kept up with.

I recently (re)watched and finished G-Gundam, Trigun, Gungrave (best Soundtrack), and Cowboy Beebop.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 7 2008, 04:00 AM
I love Cowboy Bebop, along with Trigun it's my favorite anime. Full Metal Alchemist is good, but I prefer the Manga, I like Naruto also, little heavy on the filler, so I prefer the Manga. And Ghost in the Shell is cool, kinda like a futuristic CSI, but more exciting.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 7 2008, 04:58 AM
Im currently watching Gants and Tales Of The Abyss. That would probably occupy me for quite a while haha.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 7 2008, 12:36 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 6 2008, 09:46 PM) *
G-Gundam has the best theme song known to any other anime I have ever witnessed.

i liked the gundam wing theme better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOzCwso0shc

its catchier biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Oct 12 2008, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Me, old school man.
Evangelion.
Macross.
Welcome to the NHk.
Gantz.
Transformers.
Thundercats.
I preffer a lot of more the comics, and hate when anime version sucks in comparison with the comic, for example Haruhi.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:46 AM