Video Recording Help Needed, logitech quickcam pro 9000
Joruus
Feb 22 2011, 09:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I bought the logitech quickcampro9000 webcam some months ago.
I've seen some really nice high quality videos made with this same cam by some gmc members.

Problem is i never got mine look very good, and now i hadn't used it for some months and there is a new software that seems to have really alot less options, and it looks worse, and also seems far from 30fps that the cam should be able to take.

I know alot of gmcers use this cam so i hope anyone has some advice how to make nice videos with it.
Maybe with another program or some special setings?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 22 2011, 09:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thing with this cam is that you need a good lighting setup. Try to get as much light in the room as possible. When recording you should set 640x480 resolution. It can do HD but quality and frame rate suffers. I noticed that a fast PC is needed in order to get some good results from the cam.

To get better quality I recommend:

- Light up the room as much as possible. Daylight is preferred. You can also use some "work" lights if you have them to illuminate the room.
- Turn off ALL auto features in the web cam controller software (Right light/auto light, Right sound, exposure etc etc).
Set everything on manual and adjust. That way your frame rate will jump up like crazy! smile.gif

You should be able to get some cool recording that way.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Joruus
Feb 22 2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks alot! I'll try that out my next video smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 22 2011, 10:54 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Also, if the quality seems off such as too dark or not sharp. You can always adjust after words in any video editing program, Vegas if you can afford, or even HD Studio which is pretty cheap can do the job. But like Bogdan said, good lighting can make even a non HD camera look HD.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2011, 04:57 AM
GMC:er
Some great advice by Bogdan smile.gif Lighting is CRUCIAL even with a high end camera so with web cams it's extra crucial. Also, being that it's a USB cam, it's CPU dependent so the frame rate will drift a bit depending on how fast your computer is and what else you are doing at the time on it. Turn off every program you are not using, including anti virus just while recording and see if that helps also.

Todd

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 23 2011, 01:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Bogdan explained it pretty well smile.gif

It's specially important to tunf off all auto-stuff in the camera, just wanted to stress that. Its default settings make horrible videos. Once you adjust the gain/brightness yourself, it's gold. I usually set the gain at max (or nearly), and then increase the brightness as much as possible, but not too much or you get a big decrease in frame rate.

This post has been edited by Fran: Feb 23 2011, 01:33 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Joruus
Feb 23 2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks alot for all the great advice, i already made a much better looking video, with great framerate smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 23 2011, 07:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 22 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Also, if the quality seems off such as too dark or not sharp. You can always adjust after words in any video editing program, Vegas if you can afford, or even HD Studio which is pretty cheap can do the job. But like Bogdan said, good lighting can make even a non HD camera look HD.

Agreed.You can use Sony Vegas Movie Studio.It's got 30 days trial.Take a look at it: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware You can adjust your video/audio quality settings from there.Also tons of great options in there to make a cool video.I'm not a master at using Vegas but if you need help you can pm me anytime smile.gif

Dogukan,

This post has been edited by quadrium: Feb 23 2011, 07:28 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 24 2011, 06:46 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Joruus @ Feb 23 2011, 06:12 PM) *
Thanks alot for all the great advice, i already made a much better looking video, with great framerate smile.gif

I'm glad it worked out for you. It's a good webcam - just a bit tricky to get maximum out of it smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:26 PM