> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Licks 1, try 2
Blues Licks 1
Lesson
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

kahall
Sep 6 2010, 04:27 AM
Learning Roadie
This lesson has been kind of a nightmare for me. Learned it wrong years ago and did not check back with the lesson before I did my first take. Then trying to relearn the proper way to play it was really tough. I'm still not confident I got it right but I do know that it is better.
Anyway.
Original lesson is here.
My first attempt is here. LOL, I just watched it again.

Equipment
Flip Video Camera. (recommended)
Reaper Guitar Port and Pod Farm to record sound.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 13 2010, 02:54 PM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Daniel Realpe
Sep 6 2010, 06:28 PM
Instructor
All notes are in good place,

I have a couple things to say:

You must hit the strings harder, control vibrato better...be more agressive with vibrato,

Sing the lesson out loud with you voice and notice your timing....it doesn't matter if you are not a singer and that your voice is not "angelical", you only need pitch and rhythm, timbre is not important,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Sep 7 2010, 11:29 AM
Instructor
As Daniel said, the notes are right. I don't hear the blues feeling as much as I like.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 7 2010, 12:02 PM
Jazz Instructor
Well played, maybe more aggressively...

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 9 2010, 01:54 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
solid 8 here man, pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:59 PM