> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2016, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

Paranoid solo sounds very good! Your playing is tight and consistent on this one! Well done! smile.gif

I think that you are ready to take your guitar playing to a new level. I would start a routine that covers 2 elements:

- Technique

Continue developing the current ones and practice some new ones.

- Improvisation

Theory applied. Learning licks, jamming.

Do you have some lessons in mind?

PS: If possible, could you write here a list with all the GMC lessons that you've worked and put a status word like Completed, In Progress, Learnt but not mastered. ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
Jan 30 2016, 01:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel

Thanks for the paranoid solo feed back my friend. smile.gif

here's a list for the previous lessons that i worked on ..
the status of the lessons are according to what I think about my playing .. if you recommend that we have to work more on some of the lessons below then please let me know .. however I keep practicing on those from time to time ..
but I always prefer new lessons to keep my self motivated.

- Picking Hand basics \ REC take (Learned)

- Hard Rock Power Chords\ REC take (Learned but not mastered)

- Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5 \ REC take (Learned)

- Classic Punk: Sex Pistols \ REC take (Learned)

- Legato and Picking \ REC take (Learned)

- BucketHead Style II \ REC Take (Learned)

=====

I feel very enthusiastic about the new learning approach that you suggested .. as a matter of fact I was goin to ask you
to start learning some theory and try to implement them on a recorded improvisations ..or maybe participate on the GMC collabs biggrin.gif

I don't really have something in mind for a new lesson, I'll leave that for you to decide or you can suggest several ones
to pick from.
btw I enjoyed the Buckethead lesson very much it was the best thing that i felt comfortable with while playing. you did a really good job with it plus it covers a lot of areas.

for the past two days I was working on the legato lesson which we previously worked on.. on the monitoring program you mentioned a very important note which still rings in my head ( you mentioned that my fingers are FLAPPY on some parts of the lesson) and of course that's not a good thing and I should work my way to get rid of that habit.
for now I'm trying to amend my hand position in a way that my fingers stay close to the fret board and play the lines with less movements.

Thanks for your time

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Anese: Jan 30 2016, 01:50 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2016, 05:19 PM
Instructor
Ok, based on the things that we've been talking, I suggest you start working on these lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Warmin...Finger-Fitness/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-King-Blues/

and apply the concepts of this lesson to bb king lesson or any of the lessons that you've learnt:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Your-First-Phrases/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Feb 18 2016, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel

I've been working on the lessons that you suggested
the blues lesson seems full of new things to learn.
check this short vid and let me know what do you think of the guitar tone also tell me if im reaching the correct pitches or not.
(sorry for those muted notes) I tried to improvise rolleyes.gif

I'm also working on the warming up lessons, it drawed my attention toward my hands shape.
I think that will fix how I will keep my fingers close to the finger board and make my hand look less flappy with a smooth motion
I'll try to make a video and see how that's going.

For the theory lesson I haven't checked that yet. I'll let you know in a while

Thanks buddy

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2016, 11:47 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I think that your tone sounds good, but your guitar has some tuning issues. It's not perfectly tuned or maybe it needs some set up. Your bending is not bad, but more practice will make is sound more natural, and effortless. This is on the right track, but needs more days to assimilate the licks. Keep on working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 6 2016, 01:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
how are you?
Ive been working on the warmp up lesson recently, i thought this was goin to be an easy one but actually i'm struggling with it.
it's kinda difficult for me to make it sound tight and connected..I play this lesson with a 0.66 mm pick, I tried to use thicker picks
but they feel rigid for me to play faster passages it kinda slows me down so I find that the 0.66 mm pick the best for me.
this is how I practice the lesson : I play along with the lesson at 80% speed and speeds and start goin faster.
I couldn't exceed 88% speed. if I do try to play at faster speed my fingers crumbles and it does not feel comfortable at all.
anyway I find this very challenging even though the lesson doesnt sound musical to me but I really I wanna play it and
get through with it.

I uploaded a file please listen and let me know what you think. ( this is at 90% speed)
also let me know if you have any tips for better practicing with faster passages.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2016, 06:12 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I think that the pick is too thin for this type of playing and I can also hear it. The notes are not sounding totally clear, and this issue will become more important at faster tempos. I know that it can be difficult at first to practice with a thick pick (1.00 or 1.5) but it will be an advantage for the future.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 6 2016, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 6 2016, 07:12 PM) *
Hi mate,

I think that the pick is too thin for this type of playing and I can also hear it. The notes are not sounding totally clear, and this issue will become more important at faster tempos. I know that it can be difficult at first to practice with a thick pick (1.00 or 1.5) but it will be an advantage for the future.

So do you suggest to switch to a thicker pick?
The one that I mostly use is Dunlop Maxgrip 0.88
What about this one?
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2016, 04:02 PM
Instructor
0.88 is better. This depends on the style that you are planning to play and also on the strings gauge. For metal it's good around 1.00 mm if you use 010 strings. If you go thicker with strings, you can go softer with picks and the opposite. 0.88 is ok, 1.00 is better for hard rock/metal, but you can do your own experiment, try different picks and pay attention to the tone that you have.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 9 2016, 02:02 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 7 2016, 05:02 PM) *
0.88 is better. This depends on the style that you are planning to play and also on the strings gauge. For metal it's good around 1.00 mm if you use 010 strings. If you go thicker with strings, you can go softer with picks and the opposite. 0.88 is ok, 1.00 is better for hard rock/metal, but you can do your own experiment, try different picks and pay attention to the tone that you have.

Hello Gabriel
I tried with the 0.88 max grip pick I wanted to try 1mm but I dont have one for now, I will try to get one by the end of the week
and see how that goes.
have a listen to the recorded chop and let me know what you think, I play it at 90% speed
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2016, 12:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Anese,

I notice that your hands are a bit out of sync. Try to practice at a slower tempo and be sure that your hands are completely synchronized. This is not a dramatic issue in your playing but it tends to appear here and there, mostly in the first half of this last audio.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 12 2016, 03:09 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 11 2016, 01:10 AM) *
Hi Anese,

I notice that your hands are a bit out of sync. Try to practice at a slower tempo and be sure that your hands are completely synchronized. This is not a dramatic issue in your playing but it tends to appear here and there, mostly in the first half of this last audio.

Hello Gabriel
I figured that posting a video would be better. check this one
I tried to lower the tempo so i could feel more comfortable while playing
What do you think about this one.
also how to you recommend to practice in order to raise the speed.
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2016, 09:33 PM
Instructor
I think that you can adjust a bit your right hand movement. The movement should be smaller and more straight, more parallel with your guitar. Check out some of my lessons or Ben's and see how we move the right hand when playing alternate picking.

Try to adjust this and share a new video in a few days.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 13 2016, 01:38 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 12 2016, 10:33 PM) *
I think that you can adjust a bit your right hand movement. The movement should be smaller and more straight, more parallel with your guitar. Check out some of my lessons or Ben's and see how we move the right hand when playing alternate picking.

Try to adjust this and share a new video in a few days.

Thanks for the feed back Gabriel

while watching Guido playing this lesson you can see that his alternate picking style is way different.
he pivot his pinky and start picking,
the way I pick feels comfortable for me on all the strings except the Bass E string where it's kind of difficult because I can not rest my hand against the strings while playing on it. but for the rest of the strings it's ok.
however I tried to modify my hand movement a little bit (it still feels a little uncomfortable but I think I will adapt with it sooner). check this

I also changed my pick now I use 2mm dunlop big stubby

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 13 2016, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the movement in the new video looks much better. One little details to mark: try to hold your pick with the tip of your right hand thumb. It will provide you of more precision.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 16 2016, 02:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
let me know what you think about this
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2016, 02:36 PM
Instructor
This is much better! You are on the right track now, just keep on practicing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 26 2016, 01:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 16 2016, 03:36 PM) *
This is much better! You are on the right track now, just keep on practicing.

Hello Gabriel
I read your last post. I wish you all the best with your band tour.
I haven't posted anything about my progress for a while. I was progressing very slowly on the last
Warmup lesson .. I hope that's normal ..check my last Take at 90 bpm
I still need to work more on this one I guess

Thank you and Good Luck

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2016, 02:25 AM
Instructor
yes, this is normal. Your take at 90 sounds good, you are ready to slowly increase tempo. I also think that you can combine this practice with some other stuff covering other techniques like for example legato. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Mar 31 2016, 01:47 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 28 2016, 03:25 AM) *
yes, this is normal. Your take at 90 sounds good, you are ready to slowly increase tempo. I also think that you can combine this practice with some other stuff covering other techniques like for example legato. What do you think?

Hello Gabriel
Here's another take I tried to raise the tempo to 94 ..things get unsteady here and there but I guess I'll nail this one within a week .

And Yes combing some legto technique with this lesson will be a great idea I tried to this let me know how does it sound

Thanks

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:53 AM