2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Weightlifting
Asphyxia Feeling
Mar 2 2008, 11:53 AM
GMC:er
hey man,

i'll let you know now. i've had one too many drinks. so maybe i'm full of crap. but!

i exercise almost everyday. i have two 10 lb weights. i use those to exerise my arms, 120 reps up and down and 40-50 on the sides. then i do 20+ push ups and 40+ sit ups. good work out. doing every day = good shape. all i got to say.

ps: sorry if i sound like a dumb ass. one too many drinks! :*( sorry GMC, ignore me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 2 2008, 02:41 PM
Jamesito

Thanks for your supporting comments! smile.gif
Yup, well I've been training for years, had my share of injuries, ups and downs, but now I feel confident for the first time in my life that I know how to do this, and it feels great after the first years of "Fooling around". rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 2 2008, 04:00 PM
tongue.gif Cool man

That´s the best mentality to have, just don´t give up and stick to the workout plan and your diet and you will start to notice significant gains you will also push from a begineer to a intermediate level in doing so and depending on how well you get on, maybe for could think about powerlifting or professional bodybuilding.

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 16 2008, 10:36 AM
hey there
if you dont want to go to the expense of joining a gym or the effort of getting ripped by pumping huge amounts of iron then you could try a very simple excersice that we use in Karate for strengthening grip and the fore arms

stand with your feet apart and your arms straight out in front of you at shoulder height, palms up and fingers extended. then with all the force you can muster, slowly curl you fingers and hand in to a fist and then relax. do this 20 times and then turn your palms down and repeat. do tis twice a day and you will have hand strengh and grip that will crack a walnut in no time.
just be carfull when you pick up your guitar. tongue.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 16 2008, 11:06 AM
Might seem banal but my Kung-fu master always recommends to make 30-40 press-ups and abdominals every morning. Works great for me. I'm happy just with being athletic and obviously I don't try to reach big mussels, but all men practicing kung fu with me reach them that way.

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 16 2008, 02:09 PM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Mar 16 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Might seem banal but my Kung-fu master always recommends to make 30-40 press-ups and abdominals every morning. Works great for me. I'm happy just with being athletic and obviously I don't try to reach big mussels, but all men practicing kung fu with me reach them that way.

That's a little bit controversial, because exercising one muscle group daily isn't generally the best idea(except for abs, that is).

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 16 2008, 02:32 PM
Angelica

But theres also a little matter of How big are big muscles to you? People have different opinions...

This post has been edited by Tuubsu: Mar 16 2008, 02:34 PM

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 16 2008, 03:26 PM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 16 2008, 01:32 PM) *
But theres also a little matter of How big are big muscles to you? People have different opinions...

Agreed, Doing 30 - 40 pressups a day would help general fitness but only develop a small part of the pectoral muscle... plus doing it everyday would be overtraning the muscle so it would give little benefit, the abs on the other hand are spot on, abuse them long and hard everyday if you want big abs.

The forarm exercise is ok, but as I am heavy training I need my grip strengh to match that of my other muscle groups, I do the exact same exercise but kneeling at the side of a bench with my arms straight across it, and then a bar with the desired weight. Another good one is to life the heavist weights you can lift and walk with them around the gym.

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 16 2008, 04:52 PM
People give themselves back problems by over focusing on musclegroups they see in the mirror, namely abdominals. if you train abs every day you need to hit your lower back a couple times a week.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Owen
Mar 16 2008, 07:36 PM
I'm imagining abs also have a recovery period, doing them every day is probably going to strain them a bit.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 16 2008, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Mar 16 2008, 10:06 AM) *

if my sensei had his way he would have every one at the dojo training morning, noon and night like him, but thn that is why he is an 8th dan and i am not. i train for the skills and knowledge and the feeling of confidence i get from it, not to look like dolph lundgren. i dont have the body of a sculpted adonis but i am cool with that

wink.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 17 2008, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 16 2008, 04:52 PM) *
People give themselves back problems by over focusing on musclegroups they see in the mirror, namely abdominals. if you train abs every day you need to hit your lower back a couple times a week.

+1 to that. It's best to do whole body 2 times a week in the beginning(at least for me).

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 18 2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I guess you could throw in a few hyper extensions... Iv´e never had any problems with my back though when I was drilling my abs. I do use T bar and deadlifts though, which hit the lower back aswell. Your lower back is not so much one muscle but two colums of smaller muscles, they are called spinal erectors i believe. They are a common injury area for a begineer so follow this forums advice and don´t forget to do them.

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:46 PM