New Ibanez Az Series For 2021
Todd Simpson
Mar 6 2021, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
The Ibanez AZ series has been a big hit for Ibanez. With the rise of Neo Soul players using these style of guitars, Ibanez has jumped on board and released some new AZ series for 2021. We get extended range version, roasted maple necks and more. These are not the typical Ibby Shredder guitars. They harken back to more vintage American style instruments but with modern bits. Gone are the double locking trems and instead we get more traditional trems with locking tuners. Also, these necks are not the typical prestige hyper thin shreddy necks. They are a bit more beefy, in keeping with the stylized theme. I have not played these yet but they do look nice smile.gif These are NOT cheap guitars. Prices hover around $2,000 U.S. They are well made and use very nice materials. Whaddya think?

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/ibanezs-az...gerboard-models

Attached Image

*Dalton using his Ibby on this lesson
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Prank-Blues/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 4 2021, 11:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 6 2021, 10:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've never really been a fan of that style, the AZ, but I'm sure they are great guitars smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 6 2021, 11:01 PM
I played 3-4 models last year both indo and Japanese made.

For shredders, I think the idea is they're more open sounding which makes some techniqe's easier to apply like tapping;

But obviously with 80's type lead gain one will likely get a thinner tone among other possible problems. The cleans aren't exactly Fender-like either but maybe thats why is sort of a new breed of guitar and this made it popular, very suitable for non-rock music too.

The neck is a bit more chunky but the feel is still nice, the baked neck glides very easy. The indo's were cool but after that trying the Japanese there's definitely a difference though arguable if the listener can identify it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 7 2021, 04:43 PM
I like the AZ2204N (pref black), the standard 6 string "Strat" model.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 9 2021, 05:09 AM
To be honest i've never liked them either. Somehow felt like Fender clones. I guess they just want to expand the market and such. After all, Polyphia and other bands are making these types of axes more popular.

Then again, I'm a bit of an Ibby traditionalist as I still like the double locking trem and the non roasted necks etc. But still, i'm glad they are making different kinds of guitars smile.gif Anything that keeps them healthy and making new axes is positive. I was thrilled to see them re release the 565. So if selling some of these allows them to do more rg re issues I'm all for it smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 6 2021, 05:53 PM) *
I've never really been a fan of that style, the AZ, but I'm sure they are great guitars smile.gif

Thanks for the info! I have yet try this and I"m curious to see how they feel. Although after reading your post, It's probably not for me.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 6 2021, 06:01 PM) *
I played 3-4 models last year both indo and Japanese made.

For shredders, I think the idea is they're more open sounding which makes some techniqe's easier to apply like tapping;

But obviously with 80's type lead gain one will likely get a thinner tone among other possible problems. The cleans aren't exactly Fender-like either but maybe thats why is sort of a new breed of guitar and this made it popular, very suitable for non-rock music too.

The neck is a bit more chunky but the feel is still nice, the baked neck glides very easy. The indo's were cool but after that trying the Japanese there's definitely a difference though arguable if the listener can identify it..

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 9 2021, 05:08 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:53 PM