Lost Inspiration?
glowshadow
Apr 29 2009, 03:33 PM
Learning Roadie
since a few days .. i really dont wanna play that much

i come home from work..and just sit here watching some video's

maybe pick up my guitar and play for half an hour.. and thats it..

I never played so little in 3 years

.. .. stuff happens right

maybe tommorow will be the best day of my life

Edit for language - Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Apr 29 2009, 03:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 29 2009, 03:35 PM
Instructor
It happens, would be even odd if we could have the same
inspiration and practicing boost all the time,
sounds pretty robotic to me!
Take a break, refill yourself by watching some cool concerts and players. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 29 2009, 03:37 PM
Instructor
Yeah, that is pretty common. If we always had inspiration, then it wouldn't be as precious as it is when it comes.
Just take a little break, it will come back! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 29 2009, 03:45 PM
Learning Roadie
I agree 100% sometimes this happens, take a break and come back refreshed. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 29 2009, 03:48 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, evertime I watch the satch tapes, and see satriani ( a young one) play his chromeboy in his room, I get so much inspiration!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Apr 29 2009, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Apr 29 2009, 10:48 AM) *
Yeah, evertime I watch the satch tapes, and see satriani ( a young one) play his chromeboy in his room, I get so much inspiration!

I know exactly that passage!
I love that, it inspires me so much too!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 29 2009, 04:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Going through that myself....I broke out of it by working on doing a solo over a cool backing track I found. My problem was that I had been focusing so much on technique the last year or so that I forgot what technique was supposed to be used for....creating music. Try switching up your routine. Do like Muris suggested and watch some players that inspire you. It'll come back.....it always does. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Apr 29 2009, 04:45 PM
Instructor
some time we do not have time to study or don´t find inspiration! Don´t worry, the development of the musician not always is play and play hours and hours! Search in the nature,listen music or look at movies! Then return to begin! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Apr 29 2009, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (Carlos Carrillo @ Apr 29 2009, 06:45 PM) *
some time we do not have time to study or don´t find inspiration! Don´t worry, the development of the musician not always is play and play hours and hours! Search in the nature,listen music or look at movies! Then return to begin! laugh.gif

Indeed. Listening to music what you like, and which you want to play is a very important part of being a musician smile.gif It helps so much.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Apr 29 2009, 05:39 PM
Instructor
It might be a good idea for you to transcribe and practice ear training, or even do some theory and harmony reading/analysis when you are not feeling in a mood to play. That way you improve your other abilities and areas of music development and you still improve overall !

--------------------

+Quote Post
glowshadow
Apr 29 2009, 05:45 PM
Learning Roadie
yesss i guess its the only thing I can do

thanks for your advise

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 30 2009, 12:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This happens to me from time to time.In those situations I tend to watch a cool concert DVD or go to a gig and then all my motivation and inspiration comes back rushing!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Apr 30 2009, 12:52 PM
I've been off inspiration for quite a while. Finding new awesome bands all the time but not managing writing at all! And heck, I barely even visited GMC this month. But stubborn as I am I don't believe waiting for inspiration will make it easier. Even though it's no fun a always try working my way to inspiration.. life isn't always fun and nither is guitaring tongue.gif So if I keep playing eventually inspiration finds it's way back...usually by accident... another good thing though is to try some new styles in music...for example I listened a lot to progressive stuff lately.. I tried some hiphop (for the first time in years!) and really got me going..

+Quote Post
djohnneay
May 3 2009, 01:57 PM
Don't worry, inspiration will come with time. I've got the same thing going, so I try to work on my technique and ear-training things, and listen to diffrent songs then metal. You can't always be a top performer, but I think it's important to keep going, even if things don't seem to go as good as you'd like them to go.

Hope this makes some sense wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 3 2009, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Like everyone said, it's pretty natural to wish to rest a bit, this gives you mind time to adapt to new stuff that has been learned. I'm sure you'll get back on track in a couple of days don't worry! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 3 2009, 10:47 PM
Jazz Instructor
It's amazing how many people think that loss of inspiration is a terrible thing and that means they should quit playing, no, it's just a phase, it happens to me ones in a month really...

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 3 2009, 11:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PanicProne @ Apr 30 2009, 01:52 PM) *
But stubborn as I am I don't believe waiting for inspiration will make it easier.

That's very interesting, waiting for inspiration,,,
There are many types of inspiration I believe,
inspiration for just playing or practicing
OR composing inspiration which is probably "deeper" type of inspiration IMO.
For everything else you can even help to get motivated
but for composing it's pretty tricky and somehow you really need to wait, yeah. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:54 AM