Slow Soliong
besip
Oct 28 2008, 03:33 AM
GMC:er
Hey Trond
i'm start be interesing about The slow soloing......probaly becouse i'm still not able to play clean and on time your rock solo{specialy octave run biggrin.gif }

I'm have a litle question becouse a here i'm can't sound like you for example here

---------------|------------------------|-------------------|
|------------------------|-------------------|
|--11~---------------9b--|--L----------------|

--------------------------|-----------------------------|
--9pb---------------9g11--|--L--11--11----9g11--9~------|

i'm know you are bending the 9 fret with full bend and then right way again with +1/2 bend and then coming my problem you play ---------------9g11...how thats play corectly????..i'm was belive before thats pull of but thats not sound good there...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next example

----------|-------------------|--14b--------14pb------12g14--|
--14b---------------14b--|--L----------------|------------------------------|
-------------------------|-------------------|------------------------------|

---L--14--14----12g14--12--------|----------------------------|
-----------------------------15--|--15----17s--12~------------|
---------------------------------|----------------------------|

and what about this 12g14--12--------|----------------------------|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actualy just right now i'm recognized there isn't P like pull -off but G
i'm need a reading glasses laugh.gif
but anyway i'm wana be sure how u use picking on this cases
if you can let me know pls...becouse i'm not sure at this moment right now what's a the G mean there

Thank you

Rene cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 4 2008, 11:32 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 6 2008, 11:03 PM
ok never mind

look to me like on some cases you play The G letter...like slide...also somewhere like Pull off

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 7 2008, 04:07 AM
Instructor
Terribly sorry for slow reply! Havent been very focused lately sad.gif

G is grace-note. There's some good threads about what it does on the board, like this one https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...pic=4141&hl

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 8 2008, 12:29 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Nov 6 2008, 10:07 PM) *
Terribly sorry for slow reply! Havent been very focused lately sad.gif

G is grace-note. There's some good threads about what it does on the board, like this one https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...pic=4141&hl

i'm didn't see any real explanation about G note
actualy i'm was find this on net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoWslHrhh0M
looks like the guy just adding 1 more sliding out or in scale note for better efect...

i'm try realy practising your lesson as i'm write before looks like to me you on same cases use there where is G...pul offf somewhere hammer and sommewhere slide
i'm i right?????

i'm know i'm don;t need to play this exactly like u ...i'm just wana be sure if my understanding of this is corect???

Thanks for your Previously Reply

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 8 2008, 12:31 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 8 2008, 07:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (besip @ Nov 8 2008, 12:29 AM) *
i'm didn't see any real explanation about G note
actualy i'm was find this on net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoWslHrhh0M
looks like the guy just adding 1 more sliding out or in scale note for better efect...

i'm try realy practising your lesson as i'm write before looks like to me you on same cases use there where is G...pul offf somewhere hammer and sommewhere slide
i'm i right?????

i'm know i'm don;t need to play this exactly like u ...i'm just wana be sure if my understanding of this is corect???

Thanks for your Previously Reply

Yea, thats correct smile.gif It's basically just a note before the actual note. You dont have to play it, but good use of grace notes can really enhance a solo.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 8 2008, 09:43 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Nov 8 2008, 01:08 PM) *
Yea, thats correct smile.gif It's basically just a note before the actual note. You dont have to play it, but good use of grace notes can really enhance a solo.

thanks..actualy i'm was try to play that without the Grace note and thats be sound totaly diferent..The version with Grace note is better...looks like is up to me if i'm gonna slide the note or play her like pull off or hammer...looks like you also using your own style of playing that smile.gif ...Hope i'm soon past u here my take.....becouse i'm still stuck playing your{my 1 lesson} rosk solo mad.gif smile.gif

look to me like the grace note giving you more freeadom how to play that...becouse looks to me maybe i'm wrog you be can just put easily to Gp5 lot of Hammers and pull offs instead the grace note...But the grace note giving you there more freedomom to play how you like smile.gif if i'm right biggrin.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 12 2008, 05:26 AM
another question

the almost last part

----------|-----------------------|-------------------------|
--9h--10--|--9~---------------7b--|--L--------<>7b------5h--|

T
|---------------------------|-----------------------|
|--4h----5p--0h----2----14--|--L--------/14\--------|

the part 5h 4h 5p 0h 2

how u play it??? and which finger u using???? looks to me you hamering 5 fret then 4 fret then 5 fret again without picking then pull off and hamering 2 fret again..i'm asking also abouth fingering becouse i'm was have when i'm start to train that part problem with ringing Higest strings specialy when i'm play the pull off...so i'm try few ways like play those first 3 note ...or with slide and then i'm rool my index to higest position to avoid ringing...or maybe better was to play 5h with midlle 4h index 5midle and before i'm made pull of the index roll to mute the higest strings

there is probbaly thousand ways...i'm just like to know how u prefer play that part..becouse i'm can't recognize that on the video wink.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 12 2008, 05:29 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 16 2008, 04:49 AM
Instructor
I play it like this: I use the index finder on the 4th fret, hammer-on to the 5th with the middle finger, then do a pulloff to open string, then hammer-on on the 2nd fret with the index finger again. I only pick the first note (4th fret).

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 16 2008, 05:30 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Nov 15 2008, 11:49 PM) *
I play it like this: I use the index finder on the 4th fret, hammer-on to the 5th with the middle finger, then do a pulloff to open string, then hammer-on on the 2nd fret with the index finger again. I only pick the first note (4th fret).

thanks.....actualy looks to me last note what u pick there isn't on {4th fret}...looks to me like last picking u made on that part on 7 fret..then u bend the string down then u tap and then folow combinaction od hammer and pullof

but anyway thanks...the combinaction index-midle finger wink.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 22 2008, 06:49 PM
Trond

what kind of pickup u use there...neck or bridge???
Thx

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 22 2008, 10:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (besip @ Nov 22 2008, 06:49 PM) *
Trond

what kind of pickup u use there...neck or bridge???
Thx

I use both actually smile.gif I record every solo two times. One with each pickup as it gives it more range i think.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:17 AM