First Time Meeting
Frankster
Jul 6 2013, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
Hi!

At the moment I´m searching a second band and so I´ve started searching on the internet. And so I found an interesting advertisement.
A singer is searching a band and will start with a guitar player. I wrote her, that she should send me a song, I will try to find a cool line and will send it back to her. She said no, she dont know me and it is better to meet us for the fist time.

To find licks ans solis I need time for my own and silence. But I tried it and we met us in a rehearsal room.
I can play the chords, I can improvise, but a useful sound line it wasn´t.

So it wasnt really funny for both of us but at the end of the rehearsal we found a little baseline wink.gif

I dont think this project will have a future. I think she is searching a studio musician who can find a cool line immediately.

The situation was like a blind date, maybe it works maybe not wink.gif

How were/are your first band meetings ?

Thanks
Frankster

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2013, 07:35 PM
Instructor
Cool topic! It's true that sometimes this can be like a blind date. There first time that I went to a band meeting was when I heard that the power/progressive metal band called "Damnation" was looking for a guitar player. I first send them a cassette with licks, solo improvisations and some songs played (one by Maiden, another one by Blues Saraceno, I think...). They called me and asked for a meeting. It was a very warm meeting at bassist's home studio. We drank coffee and he explained me about the project. Then we had some trial rehearsals and everything turned great. It was a very good experience and I learnt a lot from that band.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2013, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Interestin point biggrin.gif Sometimes it happens but other times You meet someone and everything fits well from the very first moment. I wish all of us to meet such a people everyday smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2013, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
It's often hit or miss with the chemistry but thankfully I"ve always been able to jump in to most any given situation and start playing. Being able to pick up on a song by ear is a very handy skill in this regard. Most garage type bands I've run in to are self taught and don't read music or know much theory (Blues, Alternative, Metal) so it helps to be able to pick up as you go and it certainly impresses the folks in the band. For the blues band I played with (Dillon James Band) the prog Metal outfit (Gnostic) and the thrash band (Caustic Thought) it was a one and done for interview and I'd been invited before we got to the end of the session. It reinforced in me the idea that "Fortune Favors the Prepared Mind".

Put in your time before you go in to audition. It's well worth it smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2013, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 8 2013, 01:42 AM) *
It reinforced in me the idea that "Fortune Favors the Prepared Mind".

Put in your time before you go in to audition. It's well worth it smile.gif

Todd

How well put this expression is! Great words Todd - now, I for one never had to audition because somehow the people that I ended up playing with are lifelong friends with whom I have shared the stage/studio/house and even a plate with food in many occasions and when I had to audition, it happened in flight somehow, because the people I was auditioning for knew me and all we needed to have was good chemistry.

I remember that before entering Voodoo, we had a concert with them and my old band Evo and they knew me from there, so when the guitarist spot became vacant in Voodoo and I went for it, they said yes without even wanting to jam or something.

So I guess that getting yourself exposed and keeping good relationships with people pays off a lot, if chemistry comes along, than it's clearly a winning situation!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:44 AM