Bends Theory
Brandon Earman
Jul 18 2011, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC.

One area I often struggle with is bending the right notes. I always have to guess if the note is going to sound OK or not with a full step or half step bend etc.

I know that you can bend a note up a full step to achieve the root of the chord. For instance bending a D up to an E while the rythym is on an E chord.

Anyways what approaches do you use to know how to use correct bends in your improvising? I hope I'm making sense. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Brandon Earman
Jul 18 2011, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Dark Dude. I guess it's a matter of improvising at a moderate to fast speed tempo. You can always practice to the backing in advance and get a feel for where the good bends are and what will sound correct. But to know that the bends will sound correct "on the fly" is what I'm trying to achieve.

I do suppose a lot of it is ear-training. The rest is just knowing your chord tones and bending to them. cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:12 PM