3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gmc Song Composing Collab!, Let's make the coolest and most unique tune ever!
Ben Higgins
Nov 6 2010, 07:43 PM
Instructor
Sounding great Kris ! This is a really good idea !

I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 6 2010, 08:17 PM
GMC Founder
Ok here is an update - I have only "cleaned up" the file so far (not yet recorded the harmonized lead). I thought I would post it here in case anyone wants to have a go at it - feel free to add whatever you want. Also I need suggestions for the transition to the second riff and drum fills/beats. Bpm is 144!

Use your imagination guys! huh.gif

Attached File  song_collab_superdraft2.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 201

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 7 2010, 05:45 PM
GMC Founder
Ok I have progressed a little - I have added some lead to the arrangement! (harmonized in fourths most of the time)
Attached File  song_collab_superdraft3_w_lead.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 233

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 7 2010, 06:47 PM
Instructor
hey kris, i would like to take care of the drums, i LOVE programming and mixing drums smile.gif.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 7 2010, 08:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 7 2010, 12:45 PM) *
Ok I have progressed a little - I have added some lead to the arrangement! (harmonized in fourths most of the time)
Attached File  song_collab_superdraft3_w_lead.mp3 ( 1.26MB ) Number of downloads: 233

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 8 2010, 03:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Some more brainstorming. tongue.gif
I dunno..you said submit ideas...so whatever my beginner mind can come up with...... biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  sneaky_metal.mp3 ( 441.91K ) Number of downloads: 180

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 8 2010, 11:48 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 8 2010, 03:46 AM) *
Some more brainstorming. tongue.gif
I dunno..you said submit ideas...so whatever my beginner mind can come up with...... biggrin.gif

Very nice - could definitely be something to use for a bridge later on in the tune! I also liked you other upload - I found the backbeat stuff very interesting- let's see if we can fit that in somewhere as well.

Of course my main concern right now is to make the sections we have got so for work. I am not happy with the first lead. I have something completely different in mind...I just need to practice some more since I am not used to doing stuff in 144 bpm...! This is why I love writing stuff since you force yourself into new territories.

QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Nov 7 2010, 06:47 PM) *
hey kris, i would like to take care of the drums, i LOVE programming and mixing drums smile.gif.

That would be awesome Adrian - drums are one of my weaker areas. I'll send you the file over with a pre click but without drums.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 8 2010, 03:58 PM
Tone Seeker
Hope this isn't too rough.
And the .gp file is similar to Holy Wars, (the part, where Marty plays with acoustic) don't mind the tempo (it should been faster), I suck at doing guitarpro files dry.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Nov 8 2010, 04:08 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  uutta_marras.mp3 ( 577.58K ) Number of downloads: 176
Attached File  gmc.gp5 ( 345bytes ) Number of downloads: 129

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 8 2010, 04:22 PM
Instructor
this is going great!
@ Kris: Should I post a GP file instead of Mp3? and then you record all ideas with your sound?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 8 2010, 04:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 8 2010, 03:58 PM) *
Hope this isn't too rough.
And the .gp file is similar to Holy Wars, (the part, where Marty plays with acoustic) don't mind the tempo (it should been faster), I suck at doing guitarpro files dry.gif

Both files sound very cool - are they just general ideas or intended for a certain part of the tune?

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Nov 8 2010, 04:22 PM) *
this is going great!
@ Kris: Should I post a GP file instead of Mp3? and then you record all ideas with your sound?

Awesome to have you in Lian! That sounds like a good way of doing it - let's try it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 8 2010, 04:54 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2010, 07:50 PM) *
Both files sound very cool - are they just general ideas or intended for a certain part of the tune?

Just some random ideas.

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Nov 8 2010, 04:56 PM
Instructor
ok, anyway I will upload an mp3 showing you the intention plus the GP file for you. LOL... I'm where I started! XD

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Nov 8 2010, 04:56 PM

+Quote Post
jeanv
Nov 8 2010, 08:10 PM
hi,

it might be to late, but i just recorded something yesterday, it's not the same style at all, but if you think it could be used do not hesitate to say it!

it's a clean guitar kind of arpeggios, but be played faster... it was just an idea for a personal project... even if project is a big word!!!!

This post has been edited by jeanv: Nov 8 2010, 08:12 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  remi_love_ballad.mp3 ( 1.05MB ) Number of downloads: 187

--------------------
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/flymosquitofly
Myspace url: MySpace
Amp: Fender GDEC 3 15
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Greg Bennett Avion 1

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2010, 12:09 AM
GMC Founder
Update: I have redone the lead - I am still not 100% sure about the details but I feel that something is shaping up at least:
Attached File  song_collab_superdraft4.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 338

Adrian here is the file without drums:
Attached File  song_collab_superdraft4_nodrums.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 181

Any feedback/thoughts you might have is very welcome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 9 2010, 01:49 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2010, 05:48 AM) *
Very nice - could definitely be something to use for a bridge later on in the tune!

Very pleased that you thought the same thing as I. That's what I was going for...a bridge. wink.gif Hope you get what you are looking for in the end! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 9 2010, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2010, 06:09 PM) *
Update: I have redone the lead - I am still not 100% sure about the details but I feel that something is shaping up at least:

Attached File  song_collab_superdraft4_nodrums.mp3 ( 1.29MB ) Number of downloads: 181

Really digging it smile.gif

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2010, 01:20 AM
GMC:er
Coming along nicely smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2010, 05:27 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2010, 07:09 PM) *

I was playing around with the file you posted and did a bit of "Call and Response" it's a bit wacky but worth a listen smile.gif
Attached File  Todd_New_Collab_SuperDraft.mp3 ( 2.31MB ) Number of downloads: 196

Todd

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 10 2010, 06:01 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 9 2010, 11:27 PM) *
I was playing around with the file you posted and did a bit of "Call and Response" it's a bit wacky but worth a listen smile.gif
Attached File  Todd_New_Collab_SuperDraft.mp3 ( 2.31MB ) Number of downloads: 196

Todd

Dude, that was freakin' wicked \m/

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 10 2010, 04:42 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 10 2010, 05:27 AM) *

Todd

This was in deed vey cool Todd - we should be able to use this. I'll digest this some more but I might ask you to send me your dry signal so I can re amp... watch this space!

Very cool to hear you take over the actual tune.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:36 AM