Req: Picking Out A Decent Distortion Pedal
JCJXXL
Apr 9 2007, 01:26 AM
GMC:er
Anyone have any suggestions on an affordable and decent distortion pedal? This will be my first pedal purchase so I don't need something that'll cost an arm and a leg, but I would like something with decent performance.

Or maybe to help get the BUY-SELL section going, someone has a used pedal they want to sell?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
JCJXXL
Apr 14 2007, 05:54 PM
43 views an no one has an opinion?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rock
Apr 14 2007, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 9 2007, 01:26 AM) *
Anyone have any suggestions on an affordable and decent distortion pedal? This will be my first pedal purchase so I don't need something that'll cost an arm and a leg, but I would like something with decent performance.

Or maybe to help get the BUY-SELL section going, someone has a used pedal they want to sell?

I guess it depends on what sort of distortion you are looking for. Go to www.BossUS.com and check out what they have. I have a DS2 Turbo distortion and The MT2 Metal Zone pedals. I think they sound good. They have some audio clips that will give you an idea of what each pedal they sell sounds like. I can get most any metal or hard rock distorion sound that I'm looking for. Cost is about $100US per pedal. Maybe a bit high, but I have read in several sites that it is well worth the few extra bucks for a good pedal. You may be able to find one used on Ebay or something.

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 14 2007, 08:35 PM
Hey Rock, thanks for the reply. Funny you mentioned the BOSS-MT2. I have been doing some research and as of 30 seconds ago was winning bid on Ebay for it. I picked it up for $31.00 (plus shipping).

Thanks again for the response.

+Quote Post
Rock
Apr 14 2007, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 14 2007, 08:35 PM) *
Hey Rock, thanks for the reply. Funny you mentioned the BOSS-MT2. I have been doing some research and as of 30 seconds ago was winning bid on Ebay for it. I picked it up for $31.00 (plus shipping).

Thanks again for the response.

That's a great deal. I paid $100 for mine new.

Digitech makes a decent pedal as well. The grunge and hot head both sound cool.

I have so many effects now, I just need to learn how to play better blink.gif

I've only been playing a few months now, but it's coming along. I figure I will play more if I get the sounds that I really like. I try to get in at least an hour a day minimum. When I bought my guitar, Schecter C1 Classic, I also bought a combo amp. I picked up a Peavey ValveKing112. It's a 50W tube amp combo. More than enough for home. I just picked up a new set of tubes for it from Eurotubes and a Weber speaker that I just swapped out today. What a difference a good speaker and tubes make in the amp. They are exellent over at Eurotubes so if you have a tube amp that you want to get to its full potential, they are very helpful and responsive.

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 14 2007, 09:56 PM
Great info man! Thanks again for the help.

+Quote Post
iowa jimmy
Apr 15 2007, 03:57 AM
HI I have a higher end digitech with tons of effects and a exspresion pedal I dont use if you would like 50.00 + shipping it works great! if your interested let me know and Ill get you all the info on it or send some pics. Jim

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 15 2007, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (iowa jimmy @ Apr 14 2007, 06:57 PM) *
HI I have a higher end digitech with tons of effects and a exspresion pedal I dont use if you would like 50.00 + shipping it works great! if your interested let me know and Ill get you all the info on it or send some pics. Jim

Wow that's nice if he dosen't take it I might have to look in at that!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 15 2007, 05:30 AM
Instructor
I recomend vissual sound pedals!!! They are great!

models: Jekyll & Hyde or Routte 66

http://cgi.ebay.com/Visual-Sound-Jekyll-Hy...1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 15 2007, 11:33 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
A pedal I'd like is the Electroharmonix Metal Muff, great sounding metal/gard rock distortion pedal. It's got two smaller models but I've never heard em. And it's got a boos footswitch for soloing.

I'm getting it!!! ...soon. Otherwise I can recommend Gollmer Fat Dist, I got one and it's the best freking dist for rock. It's sweet.

Two other dist pedals I'm curious about are Boss' Metal Core and Line 6 Ubermetal. Havn't heard any of them but from what I've heard the Ubermetal is quite Uber... metal...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:43 PM