5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
What Bands Got You Into Metal
Koopid
Aug 12 2008, 09:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Kiss, AC/DC, Europe (the first album, hehe), DIO, Iron Maiden and Judas

All pretty much at the same time smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 12 2008, 09:47 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I bought my first three cd's in the fifth grade, many many years ago biggrin.gif

Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Anthrax - I'm The Man (EP)

I'm still proud that those three albums were my first cd's ever smile.gif

But my father played Europe - The Final Countdown for me ever since it came out, I still have that LP smile.gif
And my stepdad always played Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist And Yell for me since I was 6 years old, so those two were my first meeting with metal and according to my two fathers I loved it even back then smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Aug 12 2008, 09:49 AM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 12 2008, 10:27 AM
GMC:er
Edit: I had already answered in thsi thread laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Aug 12 2008, 10:29 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Flex2142
Aug 12 2008, 11:40 AM
I came in over Children of Bodom and In Flames and i still like both of them =)

+Quote Post
TheOldOnes
Aug 12 2008, 01:40 PM
My first two albums were Rush's '2112' and Black Sabbath's 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' - liked the music but not the singing all that much. However, the key album I got was a few months later when we discovered Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny and Unleashed in the East - both of which spread throughout our community like wildfire.

Then Iron Maiden released their first album and I was mesmorized with songs like Remember Tomorrow, Prowler, Running Free and Phantom of the Opera. There were other bands that were important to me like Thin Lizzy's Legend of the Black Rose, Styx's Grand Illusions, Deep Purple's Burn, Saxon's first 2 albums, Van Halen's first album, Def Lepard and Accept's Restless and Wild. But nothing hit me like Iron Maidens first 2 albums until I discoverd Yngwie's first 2 albums.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 12 2008, 03:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Motley Crue made me see the light!!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 12 2008, 03:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm really not sure. Growing up with my dad(who is also a metal head) I listened to so much different stuff. I'm gonna have to go with King's X then my Dad worked me on up to Dream Theater.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 14 2008, 02:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Maiden, back in 81 when they released Killers. I listened to the song Purgatory and was lost immediately smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 16 2008, 04:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
For me Iron Maiden smile.gif Gotta love 'em!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 16 2008, 05:18 PM
IRON MAIDEN - powerslave, live after death and killers - i just couldn´t get enough of their double guitar melodies!!
wn´t only the reason for getting into metal but also the reason for starting to play e-guitar!

i just saw them live in prague last week playing old stuff and they were absolut amazing....

up the irons!

+Quote Post
2mazzo
Aug 16 2008, 09:08 PM
I grew up with my fathers vinyl collection (60`s and 70`s) and for some reason I fell in love with Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Ten years after, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Elvis, Creedence etc.....

In 1987 when I was 13, a friend of mine made me listen to Metallica "Master of Puppets" and Slayer "Reign in Blood".
From then on I was a headbanging metalhead smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: ESP M-I/FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic
Kimbara Classical

Amp: Kustom Quad 100DFX 100watt 2x12" Combo

Gear: Line6 Pod XT Live with all model packs

Midi controller: M-Audio Ozone

Software: RiffWorks, Cubase SX, Cubase Sequel and Guitar Pro 5.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Aug 16 2008, 09:54 PM
Priest and Maiden were the bands for me I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2008, 09:59 PM
Instructor
At first it was Metallica, and then Maiden.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Aug 17 2008, 08:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 14 2008, 09:17 AM) *
Maiden, back in 81 when they released Killers. I listened to the song Purgatory and was lost immediately smile.gif

Wow, something in common man...first time i heard that album i was like..whoa! Ok, i gotta play electric guitar now!

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 17 2008, 08:37 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
For me it was actually green day and good charlotte that got me into a7x and more metal.

+Quote Post
SirEld
Aug 31 2008, 02:59 PM
Slipknot were the first ever that got me into anything that sounded like metal!
But later on I listened to Finntroll - Trollhammaren and then I started to check out more metal stuff, and now i'm all about death metal and thrash metal!

I also listen to a bit Black Metal since it's "our" genre tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez RG 3EX1

+Quote Post
Mark.
Aug 31 2008, 03:04 PM
Metallica and Iron maiden got me into metal, though I don't listen much too them anymore I moved on to death metal smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mark.: Aug 31 2008, 03:04 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 31 2008, 03:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Metallica. My parents always played the likes of the beatles, the stones, bob dylan, the band (still love 'em of course), etc. One day, the first time I can recall listening to music my parents didn't play for me, my older brother (who is about 10 years older than me) put on metallica's black album. My neck hurt the next morning and I wanted more biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 31 2008, 03:25 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 31 2008, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
The bands that got me into metal was, as so many others here, Metallica and Iron Maiden. I listened to nothing else for some months, and then I found Sonata Arctica, and I was salvated!
After that, I found my way to Nightwish and Stratovarius, and later to Amorphis. At that point Finnish Metal stole my heart forever wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Aug 31 2008, 11:06 PM
Ohhhh Sh1t! This thread makes me feel oooollld!!! Most of the bands listed I consider virtual newcomers to the scene!

8 Foot Sativa
I was into that in 1972 so I'm quite sure it wasn't the same thing, I can't quite remember. rolleyes.gif

Led Zep, ACDC, Black Sab made me want to rock, but as Bob Dylan would say, Been a Long Time Coming.

1 2 3

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:02 PM