> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

( 8 Pass) Take 2: Ac/dc Complete Style Ii: Hard Rock Solo, Lesson By Lucio Antolini
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

rhoads
Nov 9 2011, 10:08 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: AC/DC Complete Style II: Hard Rock Solo by Lucio Antolini

Hi there ! This is the second try. Hopefully it's better. Sorry for the bad camera angle in the beginning but I didn't realize it until it was over and this is my best take :)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=41216

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 9 2011, 11:03 AM
Instructor
This is an improvement over your previous take smile.gif Your hand synch is much better and you pick the notes with more clarity. Although your bending can still get stronger, it's generally a good overall performance.

One thing you could work on is chopping the notes off like Lucio at 0:35, to make them jump out individually. To do this, try lifting your fingers off the fretboard slightly after each note, just to stop it ringing. At the same time, try to use the underside of your picking hand to connect with the string and mute it. You have to time it so you mute the string and lift off the note after the note has been played. When you've learned it, it's well worth the effort wink.gif

It's a combination of these two motions.. experiment and see how much of each motion you need to get that effect smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2011, 10:54 AM
Instructor
Ben has a good point goin' on there! I would say that the bends have to be sustained more, don't just bend and release that fast, hold on to that note. As you might've figured it out so far, bending is a thing which, much like wine, gets better with age - give it time and practice!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 10 2011, 01:10 PM
Instructor
Very good take with proper attitude, proper rocker tone, and good vibrato. I think you have some problems with bends, they need to be slightly more stronger, and you have biggest problems with timing. Timing needs to be more precise, specially on the faster licks, so more work on those.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 10 2011, 11:55 PM
Instructor
I agree with Ivan. The timing needs to be a bit more tight, focus on that as your technique is getting very good! very nice take!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 11 2011, 04:09 AM
GMC:er
Really good energy and vibe on this take smile.gif Well done! Also, nice guitar smile.gif The guys have some good points, the bends are a bit short, and could use some attention. There are some timing issues as well on the faster bits. But it's nothing you can't work through. Give it a bit more work on this. Maybe break the song down in to smaller sections and work on each.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 16 2011, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Good take man! Once again your energy is great in your take. smile.gif
I agree with the previous instructors regarding your bending. That the most important thing to improve on this take.
Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 18 2011, 08:35 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:21 PM