5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Gab Jams Blues With You, No more excuses!!
Manu RASSE
Oct 13 2018, 02:54 PM
Veteran Tone Master
I hope that you will love tongue.gif

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/588c0e511900981902e6.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/de4dcbbb2d50cf5e8522.wav

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 13 2018, 02:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2018, 03:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 13 2018, 07:17 AM) *
Hi Gab, Phil

Here my Line
I shall to work to improve it
Video take soon

https://soundcloud.com/guitare-capture/work-on-line-gabs-collab-blues

Hi mate!!! This is so inspiring!! I love your phrasing and tone here. Thanks a lot for joining this collab. smile.gif

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 13 2018, 10:54 AM) *
I hope that you will love tongue.gif

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/588c0e511900981902e6.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/de4dcbbb2d50cf5e8522.wav

Amazing!! Thanks a lot!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 13 2018, 04:14 PM
Veteran Tone Master
If you give a response, Maybe we will try to get a new licks, me or Phil ?

Why Not

I will try to make a new take with more dynamic on the last licks
it doesn't sound as I'll want

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 14 2018, 10:11 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 13 2018, 09:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hola Gab,

I'm completely out of ideas for this one at the moment so I did this. It's a total cheat really but I just felt like doing it cool.gif laugh.gif

If you think it can work for this workshop I can do a video but as I said it's a cheat really. wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jammin-with-gab-iii-blues-e-denes

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 14 2018, 07:28 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Phil

Your take is good, good tone, good feeling

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2018, 10:11 AM
Thanks buddy, which take do you mean? The video or the last soundcloud?

Your take is sweet, your tone is great too. I like the way you use a lot of the neck, something I struggle with at the moment.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 14 2018, 03:51 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 14 2018, 11:30 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Phil

The Last soundcloud is good

If you want, You can try to answer has my line, we've got time wink.gif

Here my new take, same but I feel better

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/3d305100d2ab9c601bd2.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/a73551d45da6761d50d1.wav

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 14 2018, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2018, 04:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 13 2018, 05:08 PM) *
Hola Gab,

I'm completely out of ideas for this one at the moment so I did this. It's a total cheat really but I just felt like doing it cool.gif laugh.gif

If you think it can work for this workshop I can do a video but as I said it's a cheat really. wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jammin-with-gab-iii-blues-e-denes

Hi Phil! It sounds good mate! It can work, but I have a question. How is your approach to soloing over this one? What scale are you using? Are you following chords?

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 14 2018, 07:30 AM) *
Hi Phil

The Last soundcloud is good

If you want, You can try to answer has my line, we've got time wink.gif

Here my new take, same but I feel better

Complet Track : https://ahp.li/3d305100d2ab9c601bd2.wav

Guitar Track : https://ahp.li/a73551d45da6761d50d1.wav

Another cool take MisterM! This sounds very good!!

I think that it can be interesting to see you interact. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2018, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 14 2018, 04:07 PM) *
Hi Phil! It sounds good mate! It can work, but I have a question. How is your approach to soloing over this one? What scale are you using? Are you following chords?

Thanks Gab,
That is just that blues solo lesson I was sprog on but had to stop because the backing was wrong, do you remember it? It was in E minor but for this I've used E major pentatonic with root on low E string, 12th fret. That's why I said it was a cheat because it's just that solo in a different key.

In my video take I'm using the same scale, same position. I really struggle to follow chords, I have tried in the past but it seems to be a big jump in skill from where I am now. I couldn't find any lessons here or on YouTube that break you in gently to following chords so I always tend to stay in the one position that covers the key. Is that wrong? I only really know one scale shape, minor pentatonic, from low E string root, two notes per string 1, 4, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 4 and obviously the same shape but root on the pinky for major. I use the extended form on these two takes.

I guess I should really push myself with following chords but every time I've tried I've felt that it's a mountain too steep for me and a I said, I haven't found a gentle slope to start on. I've watched THIS, THIS, THIS, and a few others and all they did was confuse me.

I've tried what I guess is the most basic way and that is to keep the same pentatonic shape and move along the neck to where the root is on the 6th string, this gets messy for me and transitions in the solo from one chord to another are tricky.

I've also just noticed that it is in 12/8 could that be affecting how it feels to me?

I hope all this makes sense, just writing this information has given me anxiety unsure.gif . I'm hoping one day I get a light bulb moment, the penny drops and I can't understand why I couldn't understand it, fingers crossed.

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 14 2018, 08:13 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2018, 08:14 PM
I've only posted this in case anyone read my previous post before I heavily edited it, please go back to the one immediately above this and re-read wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 15 2018, 09:54 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Phil

I can explain you my method to build a melody.
I know the scales, but I don't think wich note I have to play

1 - I listen to the backtrack and I play a first short licks, (I try to think a melody in my head)
2 - When the firts licks is good I record it with "cubase"

3 - I create a new track
4 - I listen my first licks
5 - I try to create a 2d licks, a kind of answer

6 - I repete the operation as much as is needful

7 - When I have create a complet line, I try to improve some licks with target note

To finish, I learn my own lesson to restitute a good take in one shot

Important : All this can't buit in a one day. I need sometimes several days
For this one, I worked 1h/Day during 3 days

I hope that my english is good rolleyes.gif
I hope that it will give you a help

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 15 2018, 10:29 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2018, 12:43 PM
Thank you for that MisterM, I appreciate you giving me your time, I will try that next time I try to build a solo smile.gif

The thing with these "jamming with Gab" series is to try to be spontanious as though you're at a jam session with friends and it's your turn to play. It's to develop your quick thinking playing.

It doesn't matter that you built a solo over time though, it's all good stuff and it's great to hear your takes for inspiration smile.gif

Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate your help smile.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 15 2018, 03:52 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Your welcome Phil smile.gif

spontaneity calls for automatisms.
To get these automatisms you have to practice a lot in order to have a tool box of licks

Improvising without its tools is not an easy thing.
My improvizations are less beautiful than the one I build.

Over time we will be able, but we must not skip the steps.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 15 2018, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2018, 04:19 PM
I know what you are saying, a constructed solo can be beautiful but it's a good skill to be able to improvise don't you think? Especially when playing with friends smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 15 2018, 04:29 PM
Veteran Tone Master
I agree with you
However, this requires so much work.

I like to improvise with friends
My problem is: The GMC lessons are so beautiful and sophisticated
I feel that my improvizations are bad if I compare.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2018, 04:38 PM
Yes, I know what you mean but I still think you should do an improvisation even if you don't share, just for your own development. Make sense? wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 15 2018, 04:59 PM
Veteran Tone Master
I try 1 time to week. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 15 2018, 05:37 PM
smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2018, 02:18 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! Great discussion here!

I really like MisterM approach and I think that it really works for this collab. I suggest going for a quick jam only to make possible that everybody can join, different levels, guys that have time or guys that are very busy but can give it one shot.

It's true that it requires hard work and practice to be able to improvise lines that sound as intersting as previously worked solos, but it's also something that can (should) be practiced.

On the other hand, I think that MisterM approach is a good way to compose a solo, incorporate new licks and become a better improviser. From what I could understand, he composes the different licks, but then he plays the licks, create variations and improvise other ideas. That's a killer way to build your own vocabulary on guitar, it can be even better than focusing only on "following the chords" exercises.

All these made me think that we could work on some lessons series on this topics. I always recommend Kris Jam School series because his approach to improvisation is very creative and inspiring. I'll work on something soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 16 2018, 09:02 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi gab,

An improvising lesson that asks for work on triads would be instructive.

The usual lessons usually show 2 scales. ex min pentatonic and MAJ pentatonc

However, no one really can play on the chords prgresssion with this scales.

Why not learn how to use triads on a simple chord progression as II V I ?

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 16 2018, 09:03 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:16 PM