Practice Makes Perfect, Especially In The 80's, -
Geoff Justice
Oct 2 2008, 03:51 AM
GMC:er
Hey, this is my first post on this amazing website. I do believe that it is the finest of its kind on the web today. Anyhow, I have been practicing speed with my pentatonic runs, and have been having some success with a metronome. I am into mostly 80's metal, and would love to learn an in the style of Richie Sambora lesson. Anybody else have any 80's guitar heroes that they wanna analyze? Warren De Martini, Mick Mars, Steve Clark, there are so many candidates... lemme know what you guys think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 2 2008, 04:02 AM
Instructor
Welcome to the GMC forums, I agree with you 80's was an awesome era, I grew up in the 80's, some of my greatest guitar heroes are from the 80's

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 2 2008, 05:38 AM
Instructor
The 80's was the decade of guitar heroes tongue.gif
Wellcome to the site!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 2 2008, 06:36 AM
Singing Instructor
Welcome man,I am a fan of Richie Sambora.Lesson in that style would be great.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 2 2008, 08:25 AM
Instructor
Welcome To GMC,80's are awesome!

Here a lesson for you, not shreddy a lot but this guy had a blast in 80's for sure. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 2 2008, 09:17 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC ! 80's style guitar heroes would be awesome I agree . Lets see who will do the lesson...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 2 2008, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Welcome to the site!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 2 2008, 10:06 AM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome to Guitarmasterclass.net biggrin.gif Im glad you could join us biggrin.gif

Im going to move this thread to the Welcome forum , see you in there wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 2 2008, 10:12 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Welcome to GMC, the 80`s saw lots of awesome guitarists evolve and burst on the scene, I`d love to see more "in the style of" as well from that era, although I`ve done a couple myself on the SI board (Viv Campbell & Angus Young smile.gif )

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Oct 2 2008, 10:43 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, I grew up in 80's, great years biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 2 2008, 11:39 AM
Jazz Instructor
Welcome to GMC mate!
Yeah, 80 were great! Did you listen to Lynch Mob?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 2 2008, 12:37 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man, 80ties were great definitely! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Oct 2 2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome man smile.gif

80's rules biggrin.gif Although I only whitnessed the last two years of it, my favorite guitarist are all from the 80's era smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 2 2008, 01:54 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 2 2008, 01:56 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome man, 80's were the best! Chris Olivia from Savatage was one of my fav's. As you said, so many great guitarist came from that era. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 2 2008, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Hi and welcome to GMC

I love rock from 80's. I even wrote a riff lesson in the 80's style. You can check it out here

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...r-arrangements/

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Geoff Justice
Oct 2 2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all of the greetings, its nice to know there are some people in tune to what I am interested in. I do rock to the Lynch Mob from time to time, and I also really like Dokken. A few other honorable mentions in the 80's guitarist category: CC Deville, Reb Beach, and one of my all time faves, Steve Stevens who I saw perform the other week in Baltimore. Great showman. Well i have got some practicing to do, keep on rocking.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Oct 2 2008, 11:01 PM
Instructor
welcome to GMC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:20 AM